• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Yeah, I have no idea about who wants to fight who, I'd just love to see those two in another brawl. Bound to be some interesting fights being made next year!

The Whyte Joshua rematch is going to be immense. Whyte technically is nothing special but he's improved a lot since the first one, and he's so tough he'll outlast anyone below the very very top level, including technically better fighters - like he just did.

Whyte vs. Wilder - Whyte smashes the absolute tinkle out of him.
Joshua vs. Povetkin - Joshua gets through a tough test, possibly with a handy home town decision...

Whyte vs. Joshua II - All British clash to unify the division and Hearn jacks himself into a coma.

That would be nice to see play out.

Reactions: DTA
Whyte vs. Wilder - Whyte smashes the absolute tinkle out of him.
Joshua vs. Povetkin - Joshua gets through a tough test, possibly with a handy home town decision...

Whyte vs. Joshua II - All British clash to unify the division and Hearn jacks himself into a coma.

That would be nice to see play out.

I'd be absolutely amazed if Wilder agreed to fight Whyte before fighting Joshua. I can't see anybody with much to lose wanting to get in with Whyte (I was very surprised Parker took the fight); he's too much like hard work for anyone who can avoid him. Wilder surely will fight Joshua on Joshua's terms before he fights Whyte.

Your take on Joshua Povetkin sounds about right, though.

I don't see Wilder taking the fight with Whyte either, they've offered it to him before I believe.

Wilder could have had Joshua now if he wanted it, I think both camps are playing the long game and will likely fight (if both holding their belts) next Summer you'd hope. So I'd imagine Wilder will fight again, Whyte is pushing for a shot now and may even end up someones mandatory.

Will be interesting to see who Joshua fights in April (assuming here he comes through Povetkin unscathed). Anybody outside of Whyte & Wilder would be very underwhelming...

Whyte now ranked #1 in the WBC rankings, surely the next mandatory for Wilder.

CHAMPION:

DEONTAY WILDER (US)
WON TITLE:January 17, 2015
LAST DEFENSE:March 3, 2018
LAST COMPULSORY: November 4, 2017

WBA CHAMPION: Anthony Joshua (GB)
IBF CHAMPION: Anthony Joshua (GB)
WBO CHAMPION: Anthony Joshua (GB)

Contenders:
WBC SILVER CHAMPION:
Dillian Whyte (Jamaica/GB)
WBC INT. CHAMPION:VACANT

1 .- Dillian Whyte (Jamaica/GB) SILVER
2 .- Dominic Breazeale (US)
3 .- Alexander Povetkin (Russia)
4 .- Luis Ortiz (Cuba)
5 .- Tony Bellew (GB)
6 .- Joseph Parker (New Zealand)
7 .- Tyson Fury (GB) * CBP/P

Is Breazeale Wilder's current mandatory? I'm confused about that.

Even if Wilder gets away with facing Breazeale next, this could expedite Joshua/Wilder. Because no way is Wilder going to want to make a mandatory defence against Whyte before the Joshua fight. I wouldn't have thought Joshua's moneymen would be too keen on that prospect either. It's too dangerous. Therefore we might just find both parties a little more willing to bend to finally get it made...

Got to say, I thought the same watching the fight.

Edit: link doesn't seem to want to post. Parker's trainer saying Whyte should've had points deducted.

It'd be great if Fury can take Wilder out of the picture by December. That means next year we'd have Joshua, Whyte and Fury battling it out to be the undisputed champ, with Del Boy trying to throw a spanner in the works somewhere. Haven't been this interested in boxing since the Eubank/Benn/Watson/Collins era when I was a kid.

Fury tonight, going to be interesting to see what happens after the fight. Presumably they've some kind of announcement/shenanigans lined up, what with Wilder being there.

Tonight was just glorified sparring for Fury wasn't it? He must be very confident of beating Wilder to take the fight so soon into his comeback.

Still, if Fury keeps going in the right direction with his conditioning, it doesn't seem unrealistic that he could fight a very defensive fight and out-box Wilder for 12 rounds.

I imagine he thinks he can box rings around Wilder and Wilder fancies one big shot to finish him.

Also going to assume that the Fury fight is probably 50/50 in money AND is going to be in Vegas. Hearn was never giving him 50/50 to fight Joshua in the UK.

I imagine he thinks he can box rings around Wilder and Wilder fancies one big shot to finish him.

Also going to assume that the Fury fight is probably 50/50 in money AND is going to be in Vegas. Hearn was never giving him 50/50 to fight Joshua in the UK.
Hearn would never put Joshua against fury because that's a fight people would actually want to see. Hearn doesn't do fights people want.

Hearn would never put Joshua against fury because that's a fight people would actually want to see. Hearn doesn't do fights people want.

I think he meant Hearn giving Wilder a 50/50 split in a fight with Joshua, I might have read it wrong though.

Fury v Joshua is the end game isn't it? If it all goes to plan anyway. I'm still sort of rooting for Whyte to ruin everyone's plans haha.

This will make things very interesting, if it goes ahead.

Personally I predict Fury will get knocked out and exposed - but then I thought that before he fought Klitschko (still think that rematch would have told us everything), so I'm not entirely ruling Fury out of contention. But it was one thing nullifying an over-cautious, off colour Klitschko for 12 rounds. A far more aggressive, faster and powerful Wilder will be an even more impressive feat if he pulls it off.

I also believe that Hearn (not Joshua himself, Hearn) is terrified of letting Joshua in with Wilder. I think Frank Warren suggested at Fury's press conference that it was Hearn & McCracken who didn't want the AJ/Wilder fight, which sounds likely to me. If Wilder blitzes Fury, they're only going to get even more nervous...

Interesting times. Hopefully.

Back