• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

How do people think Whyte/Parker will go at the weekend?

Personally although I like Parker, I see Whyte being just too stubborn and tough for him. Unless Parker pulls out a boxing masterclass and arguably the performance of his life, I think he's made a strange move going in with Whyte at this stage. Hope I'm wrong and Joe rises to the occasion, but I'm going for Whyte points or even late stoppage if it gets rough.

Whyte for me

How do people think Whyte/Parker will go at the weekend?

Personally although I like Parker, I see Whyte being just too stubborn and tough for him. Unless Parker pulls out a boxing masterclass and arguably the performance of his life, I think he's made a strange move going in with Whyte at this stage. Hope I'm wrong and Joe rises to the occasion, but I'm going for Whyte points or even late stoppage if it gets rough.

Is this fight in the UK? I like Whyte, so will prob watch this as long as it's not on a silly-o-clock.

Is this fight in the UK? I like Whyte, so will prob watch this as long as it's not on a silly-o-clock.

Yes, PPV on Sky, which I was amazed at as it doesn't scream PPV event to me! Undercard looks reasonably good though so who knows, it may do reasonable business after all.

Parker's team making noises about stopping Whyte quicker than Joshua did. Sounds far-fetched to me, but I really hope Parker does have that kind of statement-making intent in mind. Should be a great fight if so. We'll see.

So David Price's comeback gets cancelled on the day of the fight...

Something never smelt quite right about this fight to me - I don't think they ever even named an opponent, so I can't say I'm overly surprised.

This is the undercard for tonight

Katie Taylor v Kimberly ConnorIreland's Olympic hero is making her 10th pro appearance, and is defending the WBA and IBF lightweight titles.

The five-time amateur world champion has made a stunning start to life in the paid ranks and, in Connor, will meet a mandatory challenger.

Taylor is teed up to face Cindy Serrano in Chicago in October but first must get rid of Connor, an American with a 13-3-2 record.

Dereck Chisora v Carlos Takam
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ_4372464.jpg
1:09

Chisora Name Game
Dereck Chisora describes his heavyweight rivals with the first words that pop into his head!
We play 'the name game' with Del Boy!
The popular Londoner Chisora is in last-chance saloon, but remains a gritty and determined heavyweight when his mind-set is on point.

But in France-based Takam, Chisora will face a durable opponent who earned credit for taking Anthony Joshua into the 10th round last year.

Big fights are still possible for Chisora - a veteran of bouts with Tyson Fury (twice), Vitali Klitschko, David Haye and Dillian Whyte - but is under pressure to bring his A-game against Takam.

Joshua Buatsi v Andrejs Pokumeiko
skysports-joshua-buatsi-boxing_4372186.jpg

Olympic bronze medal winner Buatsi will vie for his first belt in his seventh pro fight - the vacant WBA international light-heavyweight title.

Latvia's Pokumeiko is a step up in competition - he has previously taken former interim world champion Dmitri Chudinov the distance.

Conor Benn vs Cedrick Peynaud
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Benn comes through thriller
Conor Benn got off the floor twice to beat Cedrick Peynaud on points in a contender for fight of the year.
Highlights of the classic between Benn and Peynaud
A rematch of one of 2017's best fights, Benn won the first meeting but left with questions to answer. He gets that opportunity in a second dust-up with France's Peynaud.

Nigel Benn's son was floored twice in the opening round by Peynaud and endured cuts and a swollen eye, but pulled off an impressive comeback to register a six-round decision last December.

The 21-year-old Benn, now 12-0, rematches Peynaud over 10 rounds with the WBA continental welterweight title on the line.

Nick Webb v David Allen
skysports-nick-webb-dave-allen_4372187.jpg

Allen, a fans' favourite from Doncaster, jumps straight back into a difficult match-up shortly after taking Tony Yoka into the 10th round.

Allen has bravely taken on Whyte and Luis Ortiz too but needs to get back into the win column - but Webb is unbeaten in 12, with 10 knockouts.

Anthony Fowler v Craig O'Brien
The Liverpool super-welterweight Fowler is in his seventh pro fight as his reputation builds as one of the 2016 Olympics' most exciting boxers

Didn't look like Chisora was going to win. Takan much better shape, but Chisora stuck in there and poleaxed Takan with a brutal punch. Takan lulled into a false sense of security?

I don't think he had a false sense of security, Chisora just took his chance. Think his plan was to stay in the fight and catch him with a big punch late on, probably got it earlier than he expected! But who knows really, was just a great fight from both of them imo.

I don't think he had a false sense of security, Chisora just took his chance. Think his plan was to stay in the fight and catch him with a big punch late on, probably got it earlier than he expected! But who knows really, was just a great fight from both of them imo.

How about this next one? Who do you tip?

Whyte up for a brawl, Parker wants a clean technical fight. Who will impose their style? With home advantage Whyte for me, but anything is possible. I'm rooting for Parker.

Commentators going on about Parker feeling sorry for himself, I think he was just beaten up and hanging in there! Whyte is a formidable opponent and he both roughed up Parker and landed punches, Parker couldn't take it.

What a 12th! Parker needed another 30 seconds or some extra energy to put Whyte down! So close.

Parker was hanging in there most of the fight but stayed in it, just didn't have enough in him at the end to KO Whyte. Crazy slugfest of a fight.

A great night's boxing imo, thought they were very entertaining fights. Would love to see Whyte v Chisora rematch now.

A great night's boxing imo, thought they were very entertaining fights. Would love to see Whyte v Chisora rematch now.

I don't see that happening. Whyte hasn't wanted to go back there IMO, and especially now - it'd be nothing to gain everything to lose for him.

I think that head clash/knockdown right at the end of the 2nd was a massive turning point in the main event. Up until that second Parker was in total charge. That turned things on its head and Whyte's toughness came to the fore.

I don't see that happening. Whyte hasn't wanted to go back there IMO, and especially now - it'd be nothing to gain everything to lose for him.

I think that head clash/knockdown right at the end of the 2nd was a massive turning point in the main event. Up until that second Parker was in total charge. That turned things on its head and Whyte's toughness came to the fore.

Yeah, I have no idea about who wants to fight who, I'd just love to see those two in another brawl. Bound to be some interesting fights being made next year!

Back