• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I hear what your saying the reason Lomachenko has had so few fights was because he stayed at amateur level for so long, his pedigree at amateur level which obviously isn't anywhere near the pro level is ridiculous - mean who else has gone 396-1. Thats better than GGG. 2 Olympic golds shows what his mentality is like. The stepping up in weight is a good point though, Linares isn't a big puncher but Lomachenko might not have felt such power before given he's stepping up.

I still fancy Lomachenko but maybe I'm getting excited by the new pretender than the old stalwart but either way can't wait to watch it and I'm glad this fight has been made.

Its a fight of the year contender potentially, Lomachenko definitely has fantastic pedigree from the amateurs which always stands you in good stead so it isn't to be sniffed at but I just can't believe the betting when you consider this is a really, really big step up in opposition, it suggests he will steam roller Linares which I can't see happening. Linares can definitely bang imo although maybe not quite as explosively as you would like but he can knock Lomachenko out, no doubt about it but I know the opposite is definitely possible too.

Either way, it is going to be a great fight, can't see it being a damp squid. These are two guys who know how to box and have a bit of a ruck too.

Its a fight of the year contender potentially, Lomachenko definitely has fantastic pedigree from the amateurs which always stands you in good stead so it isn't to be sniffed at but I just can't believe the betting when you consider this is a really, really big step up in opposition, it suggests he will steam roller Linares which I can't see happening. Linares can definitely bang imo although maybe not quite as explosively as you would like but he can knock Lomachenko out, no doubt about it but I know the opposite is definitely possible too.

Either way, it is going to be a great fight, can't see it being a damp squid. These are two guys who know how to box and have a bit of a ruck too.
What time is this on ...UK time? approx ring walk times?

Hughie Fury looked decent last night. Makes an intriguing addition to the current heavyweight mix - superior boxing skills to most of them, but could he handle the power of a Joshua type? Interesting times in the division.

Not long, quickest world Champion in history is he not? Fought and lost in only his second fight for a world crown, which is unheard of.

The guys is unreal, I have never seen anything like it
I mean, how long does it take to be at that technical level. The movement, foot work, the angles are just perfection.

His opponents just submit. Not knowing what to do with what's in front of them.

As an opponent you're in a constant state of not knowing whether Loma is coming or going. And that makes anyone in ANY walk of life feel uneasy/uncomfortable...and that's why so many quit on their stool.

I mean, how long does it take to be at that technical level. The movement, foot work, the angles are just perfection.

His opponents just submit. Not knowing what to do with what's in front of them.

As an opponent you're in a constant state of not knowing whether Loma is coming or going. And that makes anyone in ANY walk of life feel uneasy/uncomfortable...and that's why so many quit on their stool.

Hahah yeh I know, I was just using yoru post to highlight how special he is.

For me its insane to think anyone fights for a world title in their second fight, its crazy.

Like you say, special talent

I've read people talking about how good Lomachencko is for a little while, will actually have to check out his next fight as I've never seen him. If he's getting the attention of casual fans like me then he must be making waves!

I've read people talking about how good Lomachencko is for a little while, will actually have to check out his next fight as I've never seen him. If he's getting the attention of casual fans like me then he must be making waves!
That's why I posted the video above. It's like he is on fast forward.
He's pulling the gloves of his opponent down away from their face with his left, whilst popping them on the shnoz with his right. As they think WTF he swazzes them in the gutbox and churfs them on the left ear so they ball up and he is on their right side swocking them on the ear and then doing it all again, within 3 seconds.

UFC is done, they've lost Macgregor, Rousey, boxing has its stars, aesthetically, its so much more "cultured" than the grappling in the Octagon

UFC is done, they've lost Macgregor, Rousey, boxing has its stars, aesthetically, its so much more "cultured" than the grappling in the Octagon

They've just signed rather lucrative deals with ESPN, though I agree they are currently lacking PPV drawing fighters they are setting themselves up to be less dependent on PPV money.

Their main problem is they have been on Fox for ages and in that time haven't made any further stars that can sell PPVs so we're probably going to get Brock Lesnar back again and more fights like the Stipe vs. Cormier fight to sell PPVs.

I can't stand UFC, I find the inclusion of elaborate names for their events make it hard to follow and seem more like wrestling. Where if you have a top level boxing match its all about the headline act.

Its abit niche for me, I think even if you are not a boxing Fan a big match captures the imagination, UFC is not the same, the best fight in boxing would attract a more global audience than UFC. I would think

Fighting always attracts the carny aspect, always will.

Sadly not many orgs give UFC a run for their money, Bellator has some great fighters but very shallow divisions and Scott Coker loves putting old broken down legends in main events.

MMA/UFC is getting there, but boxing will always been there, MMA has reached stadiums in places like Poland but over here? no idea, UFC could probably do something massive in Ireland with McGregor and maybe Russia eventually with Khabib. It speaks volumes though that McGregor went into boxing to make the money he desired and Michael Bisping has retired this week, having been in the UFC for over 10 years with very little coverage here, only now the likes of the BBC are starting to cover it.

Back