• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Pretty straightforward points win for Groves in the end. Best part of it is Naz post-fight, I swear he is phucking high haha.

Dont know about high, but is f#cking wide.

Said to the missus, I would get in with him now. I would just run round the ring, he would never catch me...

Re: the fight. Thought it would have been much better. But then didnt think it would go 12 once Jnr got that cut, his corner did well to keep him in it. And in the end another 60 seconds he could have pulled it out of the bag, Groves was rocking

Dont know about high, but is f#cking wide.

Said to the missus, I would get in with him now. I would just run round the ring, he would never catch me...

Re: the fight. Thought it would have been much better. But then didnt think it would go 12 once Jnr got that cut, his corner did well to keep him in it. And in the end another 60 seconds he could have pulled it out of the bag, Groves was rocking

Agree, looked like he might have done Groves at the very end, but then after the fight it turns out Groves had badly injured his shoulder (dislocated?) at that point, probably more to do with that than Eubank suddenly finding something -- he just managed to get some hits in when Groves had one arm to fight with after 12 rounds of boxing. I've always liked Groves, just strikes me as a tough bastard.

Groves schooled him

Eubank Jnr is just not very good either and won't be unless he gets rid of his dad

This, he has no plan B, his coaching appears to just be his old man giving him tips and it's holding him back. He's clearly talented but won't go the next step until he takes it more seriously and stops letting his old man dictate his career.

To think, he wanted and started negotiating a fight with GGG at one point... christ.

This, he has no plan B, his coaching appears to just be his old man giving him tips and it's holding him back. He's clearly talented but won't go the next step until he takes it more seriously and stops letting his old man dictate his career.

To think, he wanted and started negotiating a fight with GGG at one point... christ.

That would be an EARNWITHHEARN moment, go abroad to get knocked out

His biggest threat is he is not a young pup anymore. 28 now, danger of it all passing him by. Funny as Eubank makes more noise but Groves has been in with world class operators and has a belt and is largely ignored in popular boxing crowds.

Good to see Kel Brook win again too, always liked him and really want him to knock Amir Khan's head off soon, well if Khan doesn't keep bottling the fight

Just saw the Wilder Ortiz fight on youtube. Good fight I thought.

It was a very interesting fight. For me, an absolute carbon copy in outline of Joshua/Klitschko; the result was very tough on the old guy, who was in control for a large majority of the contest, but the younger guy got out of jail with youth and power...

It was a very interesting fight. For me, an absolute carbon copy in outline of Joshua/Klitschko; the result was very tough on the old guy, who was in control for a large majority of the contest, but the younger guy got out of jail with youth and power...

Yeah. That's the first time I've seen an entire Wilder fight, think he would be very dangerous for Joshua. Whoever hurt the other first would probably win the fight, unless saved by the bell. Wilder just seems to throw the kitchen sink at it as soon as he has his opponent hurt and it did the job in that fight.

Yeah. That's the first time I've seen an entire Wilder fight, think he would be very dangerous for Joshua. Whoever hurt the other first would probably win the fight, unless saved by the bell. Wilder just seems to throw the kitchen sink at it as soon as he has his opponent hurt and it did the job in that fight.

Yeah Joshua/Wilder would be an absolute lottery - whoever lands first, but absolutely compelling. Let's just hope it gets made soon, because as this fight proved, dream fights like that are always one punch away from evapourating. Wilder did amazingly well to stay on his feet though...his durability impressed me but saying that, I don't think Ortiz is the most powerful guy despite what his KO record might suggest. Certainly, Ortiz doesn't have anything like the power of Klitschko, so how much can you really read into it?

Just heard on sky that all 3 judges had Wilder up at the end...that is absolutely absurd in my opinion - I gave him 2 rounds. At least with Joshua/Klitschko one of the judges was watching the right fight...

Yeah Joshua/Wilder would be an absolute lottery - whoever lands first, but absolutely compelling. Let's just hope it gets made soon, because as this fight proved, dream fights like that are always one punch away from evapourating. Wilder did amazingly well to stay on his feet though...his durability impressed me but saying that, I don't think Ortiz is the most powerful guy despite what his KO record might suggest. Certainly, Ortiz doesn't have anything like the power of Klitschko, so how much can you really read into it?

Just heard on sky that all 3 judges had Wilder up at the end...that is absolutely absurd in my opinion - I gave him 2 rounds. At least with Joshua/Klitschko one of the judges was watching the right fight...

I think Ortiz did have him hurt at one point though. There was a bit of chicanery at the start of the next round where the doctor came up or his corner or whoever it was, just seeming to give Wilder more time to recover. I think the bell might have saved him at the end of that previous round, another 30 seconds and he could have put him away.

I think Ortiz did have him hurt at one point though. There was a bit of chicanery at the start of the next round where the doctor came up or his corner or whoever it was, just seeming to give Wilder more time to recover. I think the bell might have saved him at the end of that previous round, another 30 seconds and he could have put him away.

Possibly. But saying that, Ortiz had had plenty of time already and seemed to be getting to the point of punching himself out - which certainly seemed to be the case as the following rounds unfolded. Put it this way, I think that had Klitschko attacked Joshua the way Ortiz attacked Wilder in the 7th, Klitschko would've finished the fight for sure. With Ortiz, I was never convinced he was able to, despite the fact that he clearly had Wilder rocking.

Last edited:
Possibly. But saying that, Ortiz had had plenty of time already and seemed to be getting to the point of punching himself out - which certainly seemed to be the case as the following rounds unfolded. Put it this way, I think that had Klitschko attacked Joshua the way Ortiz attacked Wilder in the 7th, Klitschko would've finished the fight for sure. With Ortiz, I was never convinced he was able to, despite the fact that he clearly had Wilder rocking.

Ortiz is a pudding boy with no engine, always been is problem, so I agree there. He has Wilder in all sorts of bother and could not trust his engine to get the job done

Excellent win for Whyte last night - on paper at least. From the brief bits I've seen, Lucas Browne looked absolutely terrible.

I don't know how Browne got to the level where he gets in the ring with Whyte. The guy didn't look like he knew how to box. Whyte was good, for a minute I thought he killed the guy with the knockout, brutal.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...illian-whyte-to-earn-a-shot-at-anthony-joshua

Hearn is frightened to death of letting Joshua go in with Wilder, in my opinion.

Whyte & Wilder are probably the two biggest fights out there for Joshua (leaving Fury out of the picture, until he ever gets himself back into it). Why is Hearn so desperate for them to fight each other, thereby probably eliminating one (or possibly both, if they get tied up in a rematch/es) from Joshua's schedule?

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...illian-whyte-to-earn-a-shot-at-anthony-joshua

Hearn is frightened to death of letting Joshua go in with Wilder, in my opinion.

Whyte & Wilder are probably the two biggest fights out there for Joshua (leaving Fury out of the picture, until he ever gets himself back into it). Why is Hearn so desperate for them to fight each other, thereby probably eliminating one (or possibly both, if they get tied up in a rematch/es) from Joshua's schedule?

I think you sort of answered your own question. If Hearn gets Whyte to fight Wilder then it pushes the Wilder fight further back for Joshua, with the chance that Whyte wins which could mean Joshua avoids Wilder altogether, and has a rematch with Whyte instead.

I don't think he's scared of Wilder at all, I think he see's the huge increase in £££££ if Wilder gets past someone the casuals may actually know in a fight on Sky Sports that doesn't start at 3am.

Back