• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I had Fury by 2 rounds but can see why he did not get it too, was abit like Ward v Kovalev

Campbell was unlucky in my opinion

Pretty much exactly what the live commentary feed I saw said. I still haven't seen the fight but the complaints, especially from Fury's promoter, sound a bit OTT.

Been some questionable decisions recently with one judge sacked recently so its on trend to go nuts.

THe scores were too wide though, for me no doubt of that

Been some questionable decisions recently with one judge sacked recently so its on trend to go nuts.

THe scores were too wide though, for me no doubt of that

I can believe that. Parker doesn't seem up to much, on recent performances at least. He lost all credibility with me when he embarassingly exclaimed 'what a fight!' after that glorified spar with Cojanu in NZ.

I can believe that. Parker doesn't seem up to much, on recent performances at least. He lost all credibility with me when he embarassingly exclaimed 'what a fight!' after that glorified spar with Cojanu in NZ.

Yeh exactly how this was and then he went out on the lash with Tyson Fury after, no doubt he has been dodging doping testers ever since ;)

Bellew v Haye re-match on for 17th December, a Sunday night at the O2. Looking forward to that, I will be rooting for Haye to make amends for his bad luck in the first fight. I reckon he'll take Bellew's head off.

I've always been a fan of Haye but I really hope he literally says nothing in the build up to this and lets his fists do the talking if his body can manage it. Difficult to like Bellew who for me when he says stuff, it is normally quite spiteful or bitter (a typical Evertonian trait). Would love to say Haye do it but I am going to predict that the fight will be cancelled by November due to injury for Haye and won't be rescheduled once Christmas is out of the way.

I've always been a fan of Haye but I really hope he literally says nothing in the build up to this and lets his fists do the talking if his body can manage it. Difficult to like Bellew who for me when he says stuff, it is normally quite spiteful or bitter (a typical Evertonian trait). Would love to say Haye do it but I am going to predict that the fight will be cancelled by November due to injury for Haye and won't be rescheduled once Christmas is out of the way.

This should definitely be his approach, but I'm not sure he'll manage it. He's been talking again about beating Anthony Joshua recently...quite a stretch when he's yet to prove he can beat Tony Bellew!

I can't claim to have predicted the result last time out, but what I can say is that I could see, and said, beforehand that something wasn't right with Haye. As a result, the outcome wasn't a total shock to me. He needs to go right back to basics this time, and forget the talk.

This should definitely be his approach, but I'm not sure he'll manage it. He's been talking again about beating Anthony Joshua recently...quite a stretch when he's yet to prove he can beat Tony Bellew!

I can't claim to have predicted the result last time out, but what I can say is that I could see, and said, beforehand that something wasn't right with Haye. As a result, the outcome wasn't a total shock to me. He needs to go right back to basics this time, and forget the talk.

It absolutely should be his approach but I am not sure he can manage to just stay quiet and let nature take its course which as a shame. I've liked him because generally he has always managed to back up his words but he has had two massive let downs whereby his predictions were so far from what actually happened that he should just be talking about going in there and proving that the last fight was not the real Haye. Forget all the other stuff, let Bellew talk about wanting to retire the opponent and all that, just concentrate on the job in hand.

Wilder now facing Stiverne following Ortiz cancellation.

Thought it was too good to be true somehow...

FFS - I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but it's almost as if he is privy to information that allows him to duck fights after agreeing to them... same thing happened with Povetkin after he agreed to fight him in Russia I believe...

Or he's just unlucky / lucky that his big fights tend to get cancelled by cheaters.

Just realise nothing was posted about Joshua last week, also Wilder won well last night, should be a good fight in 2018

Just realise nothing was posted about Joshua last week, also Wilder won well last night, should be a good fight in 2018

You'd hope so, I doubt it'll be that straightforward though. Something tells me that Hearn doesn't want AJ in with Wilder. Too high risk. I think you'll see him (claiming) that he's trying to set this one up for two or three fights time, and will do all he can to get Joshua in with Parker (or even Fury) first while hoping something derails Wilder in the meantime.

You'd hope so, I doubt it'll be that straightforward though. Something tells me that Hearn doesn't want AJ in with Wilder. Too high risk. I think you'll see him (claiming) that he's trying to set this one up for two or three fights time, and will do all he can to get Joshua in with Parker (or even Fury) first while hoping something derails Wilder in the meantime.

This.

I like Joshua a lot, but think Wilder right now might be too big of a step. Parker has been talking about wanting to knock Joshua out, so that fight might be the best option if AJ wants to unify another title.
Then if he wins, handpick a mandatory title defence before maybe considering a showdown with Wilder

This.

I like Joshua a lot, but think Wilder right now might be too big of a step. Parker has been talking about wanting to knock Joshua out, so that fight might be the best option if AJ wants to unify another title.
Then if he wins, handpick a mandatory title defence before maybe considering a showdown with Wilder
I like AJ...but I just think someone is gonna KO him...it may just be experience he needs but he thinks he can just smile thru anything...he's very much mistaken.

I'm just a layman, but has Wilder even been in with anyone decent? I know Klitschko was getting on but he's a level up from what Wilder has faced so far in his career, right?

I think Wilder and AJ are probably at a similar level, both will be capable of hurting the other. We do know that AJ can still win a fight after he has been hurt (Klitschko, Whyte). I don't know enough about Wilder to say if the reverse is true.

Can't fudging stand Hearn and his inability to choose a suit that fits properly.

You just know he'd be a low-end car salesman if he didn't know people in boxing.

I'm just a layman, but has Wilder even been in with anyone decent? I know Klitschko was getting on but he's a level up from what Wilder has faced so far in his career, right?

I think Wilder and AJ are probably at a similar level, both will be capable of hurting the other. We do know that AJ can still win a fight after he has been hurt (Klitschko, Whyte). I don't know enough about Wilder to say if the reverse is true.

It's true that Wilder doesn't have anyone even approaching Klitschko's level on his record, but at the same time I've often noticed previously that the 'average' level of opponent that American (and, for example, Mexican) fighters are reared on is far above the equivalent for British fighters.

I think David Price is a good example of this - he had looked devastating at domestic level (though he really should have faced Tyson Fury back around 2012-13, which would have been a very interesting fight at that stage and might well have affected the way both mens careers unfolded, but I digress...). However, when he was put in with a decidedly average (but very tough) American in Tony Thompson in what should, in theory, have only been a gentle step up toward world level, he was completely found out. Yet Thompson's name wouldn't have been considered overly impressive on a heavyweight champion's resume, then or now.

It's a fair enough comment to say that Wilder is relatively untested, but I don't see that as any impediment to making the fight. If anything, it should only make it more intriguing. And let's not forget that Joshua has only really been in two 'live' fights, both of which took place in his back yard - one against a pretty much mediocre opponent in Whyte, the other against a bona fide great, albeit a 41 year old noted for an excessively cautious approach and a lack of durability. Wilder has what is most often recognised as the premier belt, he's undefeated, and he called out Joshua in no uncertain terms after his fight on Saturday. This is the biggest, most interesting fight out there at heavyweight, and that includes Fury. But I'm not going to hold my breath for it happening any time soon, because there are far safer options out there for Joshua (more a reflection on boxing promoters than Joshua himself, by the way).

Back