• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I watched his last fight and he hardly threw a punch, last night he was an animal

Fair play to Bute for fighting him in Nottingham too, the atmosphere was awesome, great support..

Found a bar over here showing it and was going crazy. Nothing beats a fighter you support smashing fudge out of his opponent. I couldn't sleep afterwards, was hyped. Had Froch stoppage at 11/2!! :) :)

He was cageside last night and apparently had "talks" with Dana White but I can't see it, he is always one good shot to the body away for a loss and can't take a punch. Seems he's had a fall out with Vince already.

Edit: this has legs it seems!

"FIGHT! Mag is reporting that Brock Lesnar has indeed re-signed with the UFC. Brock Lesnar's contract with the WWE was not exclusive, according to Brock Lesnar's management.

Not all details are known yet, but this makes Brock Lesnar the first ever person to simultaneously compete in the WWE and in the UFC. Brock has not been slacking either, according to UFC president Dana White. Brock has not stopped training since his retirement. His gym and clothing brand, DeathClutch, is still alive and well and housing dangerous heavyweights like Cole Konrad.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is being looked at as being the first opponent for Lesnar's return. More details as they come in."

Last edited:
Manny Pacquiao lost his WBO welterweight title to Timothy Bradley after a highly controversial split points decision in Las Vegas.

Despite landing 94 more punches during the fight, the Filipino was beaten for the first time in seven years after two judges scored the bout 115-113 in the undefeated American's favour.

The other judge at the MGM Grand had Pacquiao ahead by the same margin.

The decision was roundly booed and a rematch looks likely later this year.

Pacquiao tried to turn the fight into a brawl, using his power to hurt Bradley in the early rounds, but the Californian changed tactics in the middle rounds and it proved decisive.

"I thought I won," Bradley said. "I didn't think he was as good as everyone says he was. I didn't feel his power."

He displayed his confidence by having oversized tickets printed for a rematch on 10 November.

Despite landing some big shots in the fourth and fifth rounds, Pacquiao struggled to land any decisive blows thereafter but seemed to have done enough to retain his title.

"Can you believe that? Unbelievable," promoter Bob Arum said. "I went over to Bradley before the decision and he said, 'I tried hard but I couldn't beat the guy.'"

Pacquiao said he was shocked by the verdict: "I did my best (but) I guess my best wasn't good enough.

"He never hurt me with his punches, most of them landed on my arms," Pacquiao said.

Arum, who has contracts with both fighters, said: "I'm going to make a lot of money on the rematch, but this [decision] was outrageous."

It was a screwjob of a decision tbh but Manny CLEARLY lost to Marquez and they gave him the decision so i'm happy this happened.

It was a screwjob of a decision tbh but Manny CLEARLY lost to Marquez and they gave him the decision so i'm happy this happened.

Clearly lost? Stats showed he landed more strikes and more power punches? Compubox also scored it in favour of pacquiao? The crowd did a good job that night from the off they were pro Marquez and their reaction left many part time fans going away thinking it was some sort of absolute robbery. Personally I do think Marquez won the fight but either way it was a very very close fight and not this 'robbery' of a result people try making out

Manny Pacquiao lost his WBO welterweight title to Timothy Bradley after a highly controversial split points decision in Las Vegas.

Despite landing 94 more punches during the fight, the Filipino was beaten for the first time in seven years after two judges scored the bout 115-113 in the undefeated American's favour.

The other judge at the MGM Grand had Pacquiao ahead by the same margin.

The decision was roundly booed and a rematch looks likely later this year.

Pacquiao tried to turn the fight into a brawl, using his power to hurt Bradley in the early rounds, but the Californian changed tactics in the middle rounds and it proved decisive.

"I thought I won," Bradley said. "I didn't think he was as good as everyone says he was. I didn't feel his power."

He displayed his confidence by having oversized tickets printed for a rematch on 10 November.

Despite landing some big shots in the fourth and fifth rounds, Pacquiao struggled to land any decisive blows thereafter but seemed to have done enough to retain his title.

"Can you believe that? Unbelievable," promoter Bob Arum said. "I went over to Bradley before the decision and he said, 'I tried hard but I couldn't beat the guy.'"

Pacquiao said he was shocked by the verdict: "I did my best (but) I guess my best wasn't good enough.

"He never hurt me with his punches, most of them landed on my arms," Pacquiao said.

Arum, who has contracts with both fighters, said: "I'm going to make a lot of money on the rematch, but this [decision] was outrageous."

Yanks always go in about dodgy decisions abroad and not wanting to travel yet America is the place where the worst decisions take place and massive home town favouritism is strongest.

Reckon more people will flock over to Mixed Martial Arts after this decision against a very popular boxer? Dana White is probably rubbing his hands at the moment

Ricky Hatton officially announces his return!

I get the impression he's coming back purely because he misses the sport and hasn't been able to fill the void that boxing has left in his life.

Hatton Vs Kahn will happen as it will make them both massive money. Winner should fight Kell Brook imo.

[video=youtube;ullh5Fhnjlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ullh5Fhnjlo[/video]

I love Bonnar, and think he'll put up a better fight than Griffin did - but a slight mismatch on paper.

There was no queue, it's at 205, Silva and Bonnar are basically saving a card that Aldo vs. Edgar was going to headline but pulled because of injury.

Silva will decapitate him within 90 seconds but Bonnar deserves respect for taking the fight on this notice against arguably the best MMA striker of all time.

Bonnar hasn't got the stand-up to trade with Silva but he is a tough mudder so I hope he is able to have a good go.

TBF Respect to Silva for stepping up.. He's 37 now so could've just waited around and held out for the next money spinning fight but he hasn't... Jon Jones should take note!!

Bonnar hasn't got the stand-up to trade with Silva but he is a tough mudder so I hope he is able to have a good go.

TBF Respect to Silva for stepping up.. He's 37 now so could've just waited around and held out for the next money spinning fight but he hasn't... Jon Jones should take note!!

Silvas next big fight will likely be vs. GSP next year at Cowboys stadium... IF GSP beats Condit in November.

At 185 he has beat Sonnen twice, has beaten everyone else who they throw at him, only has Weidman, Bisping who offer any kind of fresh challenge, can see him fighting Bonnar, fighting GSP and then calling it quits. Probably the GOAT. (no not the ITK berk)

Back