• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

What? Landing dozens of punches which fail to cause any real damage? Macgregor is used to dealing with bigger and stronger men than Mayfeather.
That was against a professional boxer with years of experience taking shots from other professional boxers.

This won't be.

I don't think Mayweather is as good now as he was then, but because his opponent is (imo) so inferior, Mayweather will likely give him a similar beating.

He fought a prime Maidana who is a mule of a puncher and has a stellar career

Mayweather is probably the greatest in his sport of all time at least in the top 5 and beat 49 athletes who worked all their life trying to be the best and he did it with ease less maybe 3 fights. Macgreggor and people believing he can just do this overnight are deluded.

He fought a prime Maidana who is a mule of a puncher and has a stellar career

Mayweather is probably the greatest in his sport of all time at least in the top 5 and beat 49 athletes who worked all their life trying to be the best and he did it with ease less maybe 3 fights. Macgreggor and people believing he can just do this overnight are deluded.

I agree, I can't see this fight as anything other than Mayweather just pinging McGregor in the head and body at will.

I will give McGregor a lot of credit for getting himself in the position to get a $100m payday though, they have both hyped this fight very well, starting with the will they/won't they speculation as to whether it would happen in the first place.

Someone put it well the other day: If a lion fights a shark, who wins? It depends on if the fight is in the sea or on the land...

I agree, I can't see this fight as anything other than Mayweather just pinging McGregor in the head and body at will.

I will give McGregor a lot of credit for getting himself in the position to get a $100m payday though, they have both hyped this fight very well, starting with the will they/won't they speculation as to whether it would happen in the first place.

Someone put it well the other day: If a lion fights a shark, who wins? It depends on if the fight is in the sea or on the land...
Spot on. I have to laugh at people taking this fight seriously. Mayweather will win easily and everyone and his dog knows it. McGregor will put on a show and loose, and will go home a very rich man.

Spot on. I have to laugh at people taking this fight seriously. Mayweather will win easily and everyone and his dog knows it. McGregor will put on a show and loose, and will go home a very rich man.

I used to be a gambling man...if I still was, the 1.78 on betfair for mayweather to win by KO/TKO/DQ would be very tempting.

I'll be impressed if McGregor gets by round one.

I think it will go a few rounds, maybe a couple of rounds for Mayweather to er... 'weather' an early storm from McGregor, who will probably try and go for broke early. Then FM will find his rhythm and start teeing off on CM, fight gets stopped in round 6/7/8. A total beating is my prediction.

So are you saying the way people get hit in UFC is less serious?
Absolutely, it's not even close.

UFC is little more than a couple of chavs (handy ones, admittedly) having a scrap. Boxing is the culmination of a lifetime of training and generations of knowledge.

Boxing is an art form, the sporting equivalent of hanging an original oil painting on a wall. UFC is the sporting equivalent of a "Keep Calm" poster.

This makes me laugh... Apparently Ali thought it was fake until the last moment and then added loads of rules (only kicking on the floor, no grappling etc.)

I think it will go a few rounds, maybe a couple of rounds for Mayweather to er... 'weather' an early storm from McGregor, who will probably try and go for broke early. Then FM will find his rhythm and start teeing off on CM, fight gets stopped in round 6/7/8. A total beating is my prediction.
I'll be surprised if that happens but I guess it might be dragged out a bit for the show. Anyway the whole thing is only a bit of a laugh IMO.

Last edited:

This makes me laugh... Apparently Ali thought it was fake until the last moment and then added loads of rules (only kicking on the floor, no grappling etc.)

Ah the birth of MMA...

Yeah it was a work with Inoki winning at first - apparently after seeing Inoki training and people getting in Ali's ear that it would be damaging for him to lose a worked bout they made it into shoot, turning it into one of the most boring contests of all time haha. Ali threw 6 punches in the whole fight IIRC.

There's a pretty good book about it all, unsurprisingly the McMahon's were involved.

Mayweather carried world class boxer at the end of his career, he will carry Conor a couple of rounds and then take him out in my opinion

That looks like trying to play Mortal Kombat against my wife. She's worked out the button for the sliding kick and given up working out the controls past that point.

Mayweather carried world class boxer at the end of his career, he will carry Conor a couple of rounds and then take him out in my opinion
It's a dilemma.

He needs to let it run long enough to make it seem like people haven't been ripped off. But leave it too long and it validates MMA fighters trying to box.

Jon Jones lol

I didn't believe he was tainted last time and I won't believe him this time either, he's a cheater.

Back