• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Strange ending last night. I had kovalev up going into the 8th, but the tide clearly changed in that round. Ward would most likely go on to win the fight, but that's no excuse for the premature stoppage.

Kovalev was clearly hurt, but why not take a knee and complain about the low blows to the ref instead of slumping and giving the ref a decision to make? He should feel hard done by, but on the flip side I can't stand Kathy Duva so to see her raging is good fun

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I would act all indignant about what a disgrace the fight is etc...but I'm gonna watch it! And you know you are too! ;)
Exactly, everyone will watch it and that is objective achieved.

They should allow kicking to even it up a bit.

Last edited:
Exactly, everyone will watch it and that is objective achieved.

The should allow kicking to even it up a bit.

Won't happen but would be cool if Mayweather had a go at MMA for round 2...

The whole co-promotion element is gonad*s, it's a boxing match, in a boxing ring, supported by a completely boxing undercard. Minus a cut in the PPV revenue and sponsors the UFC and MMA as a sport are getting nothing out of it.

McGregor doesn't care, he will make £50-100m for 1 fight and be set for life, Mayweather is already set for life.

Just a shame that a bloke supposedly at the peak of his sport has to go and fight a bloke in a different sport to make headlines and "big" money.

Won't happen but would be cool if Mayweather had a go at MMA for round 2...

The whole co-promotion element is gonads, it's a boxing match, in a boxing ring, supported by a completely boxing undercard. Minus a cut in the PPV revenue and sponsors the UFC and MMA as a sport are getting nothing out of it.

McGregor doesn't care, he will make £50-100m for 1 fight and be set for life, Mayweather is already set for life.

Just a shame that a bloke supposedly at the peak of his sport has to go and fight a bloke in a different sport to make headlines and "big" money.
Not that much of a shame really.

It's the inevitable result of a sport that consists of chucking a couple of chavs in a ring for a scrap and then marketing it at people with low incomes.

Let's not forget, as skilled a boxer as Mayweather is, he is a woman beating, obnoxious pr1ck. So McGregor losing his temper and giving him a kick might be a great outcome!

I agree with one part of this fight.

People want to see it, regardless of if its right or wrong, I believe its wrong, there is an audience for it.

Shame its such a mockery

Also if it is the one sided formality that some people on here are saying it is, then that means people will be able to make some easy money by backing Mayweather?

I've bet on Mcgregor. $10 at 11/1.

I know he's not going to win but I'd like him to and I'm betting for entertainment. i.e. I accept I am very likely to lose my money. But, what if..?

I just hope it's entertaining and not the total farce everyone is predicting.

Also, odds have halved since I placed my bet.

Anybody watch Josh Taylor v Ohara Davies at the weekend? For all the push by Matchroom because he is outspoken and being labelled the British Mayweather, Davies is bang average. Completely out classed by Taylor from the get go. And yet another quit job b a matchroom fighter. If Joshua leaves Hearn's stable then he really has no one left to sell a fight.

I'm reveling in it. He was bumrushed by the crowd celebrating in his face at the weekend. He makes out he gets booed because he's made it, but you can tell it cuts him that he is unpopular.

Compare the fights at the weekend to the bills that have been on Sky Sports lately. Saturday had great 50/50 fights, instead of the usual 1/100 Olympian bouts that we are being force fed by Hearn.

Brook v Frankie Gavin was a PPV event. I'll never forgive that

First press conference for Mayweather v Macgregor held today in LA - seems like good banter was flying about.

Macgregor made me laugh when he said Mayweather has a small head and small core, will knock him out in the 4th round.

Don't have any links but I'm sure one of you good fellas can post something..

I've hated Mayweather since the Ricky Hatton fight, I'd love to see Macgregor wipe that money obsessed smile off his face, despite the slim odds of that happening.

Back