• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

So who thinks the Joshua-Klitschko rematch will happen?

Sky's headlines yesterday suggest so, but if you listen to the actual interview with Hearn, Klitschko still hasn't indicated his interest. They're expecting to hear back this week. So the conclusion jumped to is somewhat empty for me at this stage.

I can't see Klitschko faring any better in a rematch than he did first time around. Probably, he fares worse. He should have won the first fight in my opinion, but it doesn't automatically follow that a rematch is a good idea for him. He improved greatly from the Fury showing, but he still hadn't adjusted his 'safety first' mindset enough to be victorious. In fairness to him, Joshua did look finished (for a few rounds at least) from the end of round 5 onward, so perhaps his approach wasn't all that off. The comeback Joshua produced was phenomenal, and he'll be even more confident next time. The only way Wlad wins a rematch in my opinion is by KO'ing Joshua clean, early. He's capable of doing that, but it just isn't 'him'. And in any case, if it does go 'bombs away', the odds are in Joshua's favour, so it probably isn't an advisable tactic. So it's hugely unlikely. He's a better boxer than Joshua, but outboxing him over 12 rounds, or more importantly staying out of the way of trouble, looks equally hard to see. Afterall, he couldn't manage it the first time.

I'd be surprised if he takes the fight, but who knows. We'll find out soon enough.

I'd rather see Joshua knock that fat gypsy Tyson Fury out, before heading over the pond to bash some yanks.

I'd rather see Joshua knock that fat gypsy Tyson Fury out, before heading over the pond to bash some yanks.

Not going to happen anytime soon. Fury won't have his hearing via UKAD and the BBBofC completed until late summer/autumn apparently and he could then face a further suspension. If he escapes that then he will still need at least one bout to get back in the groove which rules out a meeting until late 2018 at the earliest imo.

I would imagine that it will be Klitschko in November, Pulev in April 2018, Luis Ortiz in November 2018 and a unification bout against Joseph Parker in April 2019 if he is still the title holder. Pulev is already down as the next fight after Klitschko as IBF mandatory and Ortiz will be WBA mandatory and looking to fight afterwards.

I think he will stay away from Deontay Wilder for another couple of years or so just so he is that bit older when he takes him on and if Fury is still about and hasn't self destructed again then the fight with him is massive if it takes place in 2019/2020 having had a few years to build.

I think Hearn will be pushing for AJ v WK rematch to be somewhere abroad, in order to get as much money as possible as Joshua's contract is up in November 2018. After that he will be self promoting and Hearn's cash cow will be leaving him. Unless someone else steps up to become a PPV star by then, I can see Hearn leaving boxing. Brook is no longer a PPV star after quitting. Bellew has probably one big fight left. Degale is only PPV if he fights Groves.

Ward v Kovalev next saturday. I had Ward narrowly winning the last fight, but I seem to be in the minority with that opinion. Will be interesting to see if Kovalev can adapt to beat Ward. He seems fired up for the rematch.

Ward v Kovalev next saturday. I had Ward narrowly winning the last fight, but I seem to be in the minority with that opinion. Will be interesting to see if Kovalev can adapt to beat Ward. He seems fired up for the rematch.

I gave it to Kovalev but it was very narrow, and he only had himself to blame in the end.

I am exactly same, had him by one round, came back very strong

I think Hearn will be pushing for AJ v WK rematch to be somewhere abroad, in order to get as much money as possible as Joshua's contract is up in November 2018. After that he will be self promoting and Hearn's cash cow will be leaving him. Unless someone else steps up to become a PPV star by then, I can see Hearn leaving boxing. Brook is no longer a PPV star after quitting. Bellew has probably one big fight left. Degale is only PPV if he fights Groves.

I had it the same too, Ward by one round.

Kovalev is in a tricky situation with this rematch. He needs to be smart and set a pace so Ward can't slip and evade but if he pushes too hard he risks fighting on pure emotion given his anger and running out of gas sooner than last time.

I think Ward on a wider points decision again, maybe 116-112.

This will be tough for Mayweather.

He'll have to work very hard not to end it within a minute and make everyone look foolish.

I suspect he'll wait a respectable time, maybe late in the 3rd, before he puts him down.

This this this this

What a load of gonad*s this "fight" is.

My prediction - Mayweather to box his ears off for 5 rounds in what will be sparring for him -- then McGregor to lose his temper and nut him in the clinch, disqualification, Mayweather wins and a WWE style ending.

The way I feel about this fight is probably similar to how the marketing people at Burberry felt when they saw that photo of Daniella Westbrook.

It's taken Burberry 20 years to throw off that image, I hope boxing isn't similarly scarred by getting involved with such a low rent sport.

Back