• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Joshua vs Luis Ortiz would be a great fight and I hope it gets made.

Wilder is something of a name, and he would sell the fight superbly, but he isn't a great boxer. He wouldn't control the fight like Wlad, but could dispatch Joshua with a single shot. I'd back Joshua to win that

Joshua vs Luis Ortiz would be a great fight and I hope it gets made.

Wilder is something of a name, and he would sell the fight superbly, but he isn't a great boxer. He wouldn't control the fight like Wlad, but could dispatch Joshua with a single shot. I'd back Joshua to win that

I'd like to see the Ortiz fight too. If it's correct that he's a mandatory, then in theory it could well be next. Whether or not it actually materialises that way will be interesting to observe...

Agree with your assessment of Wilder, but I'd fancy him to take Joshua out. He'd certainly have closed the show where Wlad failed to on Saturday. But that really would be a 'first one to land' fight if ever there was one.

The fight I'd really have liked to see though (it won't happen, obviously) would have been Joshua vs. Vitali Klitschko. That would be immense.

Joshua should go with Pulev. Another reasonable name on the CV without the danger that fighting Wilder at this point would bring. If I was Eddie Hearn then I would be looking at Pulev - Ortiz - Parker - Wilder in that order tbh.

I think Joshua would beat Wilder but it really is a pick'em. He has to learn about not gassing himself out going for a knockout. That 5th round collapse was totally avoidable if he has just got behind the jab and fought at range after the knockdown. He didn't need to chase it, it was a 10-8 round and in the end, imo, it became a 10-9 round because Wlad absolutely killed him once he got up from the count and it culminated in the knockdown in round 6.

The hype train surrounding the fight Saturday is OTT for me, calling it the greatest sporting spectacle in the UK and comparisons to Ali are just stupid.

Parker's fight is currently live on Sky, Hearn was tweeting about it, which leads me to believe a fight with Bellew or Joshua could be close...

Disappointing really, considering the lay of the land in the division at the moment Parker hasn't really impressed, the bigger opponent seemed to have no respect for his power.

I reckon Hearn will be desperate to get Bellew in with him, Wilder has been chirping about a unification bout with him, Whyte is after him too, Hughie Fury will be kicking himself now.

Wonder if Wlad will call for a rematch with AJ, if that's the case apparently AJ will have to drop the IBF because they've ordered him to defend against Pulev who's now mandatory, I'd quite like to see him keep the belts and go after the others to attempt full unification.

Last edited:
Disappointing really, considering the lay of the land in the division at the moment Parker hasn't really impressed, the bigger opponent seemed to have no respect for his power.

I reckon Hearn will be desperate to get Bellew in with him, Wilder has been chirping about a unification bout with him, Whyte is after him too, Hughie Fury will be kicking himself now.

Wonder if Wlad will call for a rematch with AJ, if that's the case apparently AJ will have to drop the IBF because they've ordered him to defend against Pulev who's now mandatory, I'd quite like to see him keep the belts and go after the others to attempt full unification.

I think they're waiting on a ruling from the IBF re the Pulev fight, in terms of how strictly/swiftly they'll insist on it. I'd much rather see Joshua up against Ortiz than Pulev. In fact I'd rather see him up against virtually any of the names being thrown around than Pulev, such a foregone conculsion that fight would be (IMO).

It's interesting though, I came away from last Saturday thinking the top heavyweights would fancy the Joshua fight all the more for the possible vulnerabilities Klitschko exposed. Today, that logic applies to Parker, only much more so. That didn't look good at all...

I think they're waiting on a ruling from the IBF re the Pulev fight, in terms of how strictly/swiftly they'll insist on it. I'd much rather see Joshua up against Ortiz than Pulev. In fact I'd rather see him up against virtually any of the names being thrown around than Pulev, such a foregone conculsion that fight would be (IMO).

It's interesting though, I came away from last Saturday thinking the top heavyweights would fancy the Joshua fight all the more for the possible vulnerabilities Klitschko exposed. Today, that logic applies to Parker, only much more so. That didn't look good at all...

It was poor, the bloke he fought was one of his previous sparring partners too, he could get found out very quickly at the top of the division.

I think Ortiz is currently top of the WBA rankings so could end up being mandatory for Joshua soon enough, I think but could be wrong, the only thing that can 100% put off mandatory fights are unification fights.

The fight certainly showed that Joshua can be hit, his head movement has shown improvement but it's still not great, not too mention punching himself out, he did the same against Whyte too. One question mark I think he got rid of however was his chin, that punch Wlad put him down with would have finished a lot of fights.

If it was up to me... I'd do Wilder vs. Parker in the UK with Joshua fighting the winner, 2 fights and the winner at the end of it has all the belts, but the politics in boxing wouldn't let that happen imo, not to mention there's some big money in one of them fighting Bellew in the UK, who knows what Fury will end up doing. Either way, the Heavyweight division is pretty tasty these days.

Canelo v GGG finally got announced. I've said for a while that I think Canelo wins on points, but it will be a tight fight that I think will live up to the expectation. I hope Sky get the rights to show it as my dodgy box that had Boxnation and BT sport stopped working at the weekend.

I still back GGG, I think Jacobs was just a good boxer. Being taken to points for the first time in 20-30 fights isn't that big a deal, he is getting on but is still very destructive and difficult to keep quiet. Brook I thought moved well against him and got some good shots in but didn't have the power at MW.

What weight is this fight at? I hope it's 160 but Canelo seems to always call himself a MW yet stays at 154/155.

Good fight, sad way for it to end, assume he couldn't see and has learnt his lesson from the GGG fight...

Could be a real problem if he starts to lose confidence in his eyes, thats two fights in a row he's had to call it off because he can't see.

Good fight, sad way for it to end, assume he couldn't see and has learnt his lesson from the GGG fight...

Could be a real problem if he starts to lose confidence in his eyes, thats two fights in a row he's had to call it off because he can't see.

The other problem of course is that every future opponent (of a certain capability at least) is going to target his eyes like never before. Brook is a very classy boxer but he's always looked vulnerable to me at the top level. This is only going to reinforce that perception.

I thought Tony Bellew was harsh though, criticsing him the way he did after the fight. Brook obviously knew he'd been damaged pretty badly.

Brook got beat, good fight though. Yank was a bit tasty.

2 really good fights. Thought Brook was going to win early doors, but Spence was tougher than I thought.

The Groves fight was great. The way he finished him off in the 6th was impressive

The other problem of course is that every future opponent (of a certain capability at least) is going to target his eyes like never before. Brook is a very classy boxer but he's always looked vulnerable to me at the top level. This is only going to reinforce that perception.

I thought Tony Bellew was harsh though, criticsing him the way he did after the fight. Brook obviously knew he'd been damaged pretty badly.

Missed Bellew's comments, but if he was having a go at Brook for taking the count and ending the fight, then he can jog on. Its all well and good being brave and battling on, but he could have sustained permanent damage had he continued.

Missed Bellew's comments, but if he was having a go at Brook for taking the count and ending the fight, then he can jog on. Its all well and good being brave and battling on, but he could have sustained permanent damage had he continued.

Pretty much what he did against GGG except the other eye. The second he lost vision he took the knee, don't blame him one bit, Bellew is just a thick idiot.

2 really good fights. Thought Brook was going to win early doors, but Spence was tougher than I thought.

The Groves fight was great. The way he finished him off in the 6th was impressive

I missed the Groves fight -- a shame, because I like watching him. Pleased he got his win.

I don't agree with Bellew's comments either; Brook had already got up from a knock-down and faught back hard. Given what has already happened to his other eye, I can't blame him for calling it quits when he did.

Back