• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Pacquiao v Khan announced for April 23rd no venue as yet

Not long away considering nothing has been previously mentioned

Bellew and Haye is bad blood, I am a cynic with these things but you can tell this is just pure hate.

I think Bellew manufactured the hate for the big Hearn arena pay day and its rolled on from there but it is definitely bad blood

Just tuned in incase it was still going but it's just some lovey-dovey interviews.

Anyone want to summise it in a sentence or two? I don't even know if it went the distance.

'one of the biggest upsets in boxing'
Hardly? He was fighting a man with one leg for 4/5 rounds.
And didn't have the skills to finish it or secure it before he did.
If Haye has snapped his achilles then hats of for trying to hang in there. (not that he was fighting a great fight before he hurt himself, the pre fight had got to him)

So during the fight Haye injured his leg in some way that put him at a disadvantage though Bellew couldn't strike a decisive blow and it went the distance?

I'm no longer going to watch live sports by the way, just going to get people to send me cryptic clues about what may have happened.

The injury made the fight more interesting, it was quite boring before that. Haye is probably finished now.

Haye will come back. He won't want to give it up like that. Crazy seeing him falling around like a cripple, trying to box - was a unique fight in that sense. Haye had more or less every round until his leg went.

The Haye-Klitschko flight, Haye's shot at greatness, Haye was a little unlucky, it was closer than the judges scored. But in that fight too he apparently had a broken toe.

I'm a bit let down by boxing and UFC. Its more panto than real. Lets be honest the name of the game is to score a tonne of cash while not getting brain damage. Haye Bellow did that tonight, and despite all the supposed bitterness between them, turns out it was all hype, and they limp away with a few more million in the bank. Who can blame them?

UFC fighters are taking all sorts of performance enhancers imo. The smarter ones are not getting caught.

Last edited:
Haye will come back. He won't want to give it up like that. Crazy seeing him falling around like a cripple, trying to box - was a unique fight in that sense. Haye had more or less every round until his leg went.

The Haye-Klitschko flight, Haye's shot at greatness, Haye was a little unlucky, it was closer than the judges scored. But in that fight too he apparently had a broken toe.

I'm a bit let down by boxing and UFC. Its more panto than real. Lets be honest the name of the game is to score a tonne of cash while not getting brain damage. Haye Bellow did that tonight, and despite all the supposed bitterness between them, turns out it was all hype, and they limp away with a few more million in the bank. Who can blame them?

UFC fighters are taking all sorts of performance enhancers imo. The smarter ones are not getting caught.
UFC and boxing really shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

They're about as similar as Rugby Union and Basketball. They both use a ball but that's about it

So during the fight Haye injured his leg in some way that put him at a disadvantage though Bellew couldn't strike a decisive blow and it went the distance?

I'm no longer going to watch live sports by the way, just going to get people to send me cryptic clues about what may have happened.
Haye spent the first few round swinging MASSIVE air shots. If any of them had connected he'd probably have knocked Bellew out of the arena. Bellew was easily avoiding them, but doing little in the way of attacking.

Up until Haye did his achilles, I scored it a bit closer than most. Bellew wasn't doing any damage, but he appeared to be landing more than Haye.

I think it was round 6 when Haye started dragging his back leg - it looked like his knee had given in. At this point Bellew should have picked Haye off, but Bellew (the man who wanted to take it to points) was exhausted - looked more tired than Haye.

Haye still had a chance, because rather than pick him off with jabs, Bellew was going for the big swings and Haye just sat on the ropes and dodged them all. Haye still had a big swing in him but as his leg got worse, he was less able to put his body behind it. At one point he went over because he couldn't catch the momentum of his own swing.

Interesting fight, but both fighters were disappointingly unfit.

Risky territory for Bellew.....he thinks he's done well because he's beaten Haye BUT he showed no skill in finishing off a one legged man whose big right hand became just an arm swing as he couldn't plant that right foot.

Bellew has to put on some pounds for heavyweight and that fudges his stamina. Even Haye looks small at heavyweight. Bellew has payday options but up at this weight there is danger of serious damage. (although he took solid shots from Haye who is a banger)

As for Haye, if it's a snapped achilles? Then that's a year right there before he would be fit.

Interesting fight, but both fighters were disappointingly unfit.

Does sound intriguing, almost disappointed I missed it.

I did watch the Katie Taylor fight as I'm Irish and thought it was quite a good display. I don't know enough boxing to know who she goes after next though.

Does sound intriguing, almost disappointed I missed it.

I did watch the Katie Taylor fight as I'm Irish and thought it was quite a good display. I don't know enough boxing to know who she goes after next though.
Your mum.

It was a pretty poor fight. For 5 rounds Haye swung huge swinging swings swingingly which never hit flesh... then his ankle/achilles got hurt and he kept his back leg straight, couldn't put weight on it, so for 5 rounds he staggered about like a drunk, waiting for Bellew to get close and then swinging huge swinging swings which swung wide. Meanwhile Bellew just looked a bit chubby with nascent man-boobs.

I wonder if Haye was worried about getting an injury in this fight, which is why he tried too hard to get the big KO early.

I'm certain Haye would have won if not for the injury. Put it this way, if Bellew's achilles went and it was he who was the sitting duck, Haye would have took his head off.

Back