• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

With Rousey rumoured to be retiring and McGregor reportedly having 10 months out, who will be the UFC flagbearer for PPV events? Do they have anyone lined up to be the next superstar?

Good month of boxing ahead, DeGale hopefully beats Badou Jack on the 14th, and Frampton hopefully retains on the 28th.

McGregor will probably fight sooner than that, he got mixed up and though is baby was due in March, but it's actually May. He's currently saying he won't fight until they give him a stake in the company though and he's annoyed they stripped him of the 145 belt without consulting him.

Can't stand DeGale but hoping he gets that win, got a good few months of boxing coming up, even the Haye vs. Bellew fight should be an entertaining spectacle if nothing else...

I once hated DeGale but I can not knock what he is doing now, become a good fighter and talk sense now.

Yeah pretty much my opinion of him too, also good to see a British boxer going over to North America to fight too.

I liek the fact these fighters that are having longer more well thought out success are in control of their destiny and not part of the Hearn bandwagon

Crolla vs. Linares II is in Manchester again, think Crolla may well get TKO'd this time around.

I like Crolla, in fact i've never met anyone interested in boxing who doesn't. I admire him for taking on the rematch, obviously he wants to try and win back his title, but he didn't come close in the fight. Linares is an elite fighter at that weight. The elite fighter at that weight.

Pacquiao v Brook talks are reportedly onging, although Pacquiao announced a fight today against Jeff Horn. Eddie Hearn seems to be talking about any fight for Brook except his mandatory defense against Errol Spence Jr. I wouldn't be surprised if Brook vacated his title, Spence is the next superstar of that weight division and Brook coming back down in weight could be a struggle that isn't worth the risk.

I like Crolla but he is not a top boxer, I know he won the title but he was one of Hearns project boys, he won't get near Linares, he is too slick and too strong.

Brook does not want ESjnr because he is on a Hearn money mission now, he will fight the best to make his retirement fund and result will not mater, the Spence fight will not be on the same pay day as PacMan or Khan

With Rousey rumoured to be retiring and McGregor reportedly having 10 months out, who will be the UFC flagbearer for PPV events? Do they have anyone lined up to be the next superstar?

I think that the new UFC owners have got to be concerned. From what I have heard (on YouTube shows) the only stars they had that got big pay-per-view buys were Rousey, McGregor and Lesnar. With Rousey's likely retirement and Lesnar failing his drug test after his last match, that leaves Connor in the driver's seat as the only big star they have.

The new owners must be hoping they can get one of their other fighters to break out, but I am not sure how successful that will be. I actually think they have some really exciting, fun to watch fighters like Dillishaw, Garbrandt, Nunes, Nurmegemedov, Woodley, Cerrone, Thompson, Johnson, Maia, etc, but it remains to be seen if build at of them into break super stars that will get casual fans to pay $60 for a pay-per-view fight.

DeGale fight was great.

I respect Mayweather as a fighter but he is a macaron, he kills my enjoyment of the sport

Great fight last night. I had Degale 1 point up going into the last round so was slightly surprised by the result considering teh final round knockdown. However, neither fighter deserved a loss for the fight.

On Mayweather, I loved watching him boxing, but completely agree about him being a macaron. He still has to make himself centre of attention at every opportunity. I wish someone had said the judges got it right for the domestic violence charges.

Great fight last night. I had Degale 1 point up going into the last round so was slightly surprised by the result considering teh final round knockdown. However, neither fighter deserved a loss for the fight.

On Mayweather, I loved watching him boxing, but completely agree about him being a macaron. He still has to make himself centre of attention at every opportunity. I wish someone had said the judges got it right for the domestic violence charges.

Found it weird it was classed as a Majority Draw. Surely DeGale he should have been classed as winner as one judge had him winning. Strange.

Found it weird it was classed as a Majority Draw. Surely DeGale he should have been classed as winner as one judge had him winning. Strange.

I use to go boxing regularly in the 60/70's and the domestic fights seemed pretty straight, but I always thought international championship fights were rigged and I don't think much as changed.

2 draw decisions beat 1 winner decision in this case, makes sense but I think in the eyes of many DeGale will come away from this fight with the positives. I don't like that Jack has scrapped any rematch already because "I'm going up a weight" with dingdonghead Mayweather saying he's too big for Super Middleweight, don't take the fight then, had he won that's 3 belts that would have been vacated - one of the really annoying things about boxing.

Boxing judging is pretty awful these days, you really have to add a few rounds to the home fighter every time, in England DeGale would have won that.

"I'm going up a weight" with ding donghead Mayweather saying he's too big for Super Middleweight, don't take the fight then, had he won that's 3 belts that would have been vacated - one of the really annoying things about boxing

Yeh I agree, although he is too big for the weight, he just about made limit apparently which probably after a night of fluid and pasta made him look so big against a trim on the weight DeGale.

I would have liked DeGale to have won because if Groves gets his title then its opening up to a lovely division

80k tickets sold for the Joshua fight, they have applied for it to be raised to 90k

Yeh thats decent, at last a good fight for him and us.

I hope Fury comes back and Haye beats Bellew with the same hunger he had, then we are talking a spicy HW division

I think Haye Bellew will be a 3 round tear up with Haye coming away with the KO. Reminds me of Haye vs Maccarenelli a few years back although that only lasted 2 and completely ruined Enzo's career.

Back