• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Apparently Hearn contacted the Millenium Stadium who said it had be booked by David Haye's team on Dec 10th. He's meant to have an announcement today, but I can't see fighting another binman selling 80,000 tickets

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I suppose outdoor fights in December are a no no, can't have the delicate flowers getting cold.

As the Haye/Bellew argument will be at a catch weight, surely hearn could ask Haye if he wants to joint top the bill with Josh/Vlad at the milenium stadium....still selling more tickets than two separate nights?

Why does the fight have to be for a belt anyway? They can just fight, belts don't mean as much as they used too anyway. Might be better for Joshua to wait till he's got a bit more experience anyway.

Rumours abound that the WBA aren't going to sanction the fight as Joshua isn't ranked high enough, so Klitschko won't sign and instead will face Lucas Browne for the vacant title. A massive stumbling block also has been the US TV deals. Joshua is signed with Showtime, Klitschko is signed with HBO.

I hope these get sorted out, and the fight fans want to see gets made, although I'm busy December 10th so will probably miss the fight.

Yes, just been reading this today. Joshua going to fight on the 10th at MEN, just a matter of who. Would pay good money to see him fight Klitschko, Haye or Wilder, but not really interested in spunking over £70 on him against a bum

What did people thing of the fight on Saturday?

I had it pretty much a round to Ward, Kovalev sat back on his knockdown, you could make a case for Ward on alot of rounds on just knicking the exchanges with a few shrewd shots etc.

Talk of a robbery was way off in my book

Though Kov won but the robbery talk is a bit off.

Haye vs. Bellew just announced - pretty much Bellew signing on to get KOed on PPV. Haye will spark him within 3 I reckon and they'll make some serious dough with the build up.

I had it pretty much a round to Ward, Kovalev sat back on his knockdown, you could make a case for Ward on alot of rounds on just knicking the exchanges with a few shrewd shots etc.

It wasn't a robbery. It was a pretty difficult fight to score on one viewing so the scorecards being close reflected that imo. I watched it on Sunday morning without knowing the result and scored it 116-116 a draw so its completely indivdual how people see that particular fight.

Just seen Haye-Bellew announced..........I would love Haye to knock him out and badly!

Haye will knock him out badly, I actually think its a dangerous fight.

Haye is a HUGE puncher and is going to give Bellew a lesson, wow what a nut case Bellew is

I thought the Kovalev fight was close. I didn't think their styles/tactics made for a great fight though. Kovalev was very effective tying up Ward inside. But that meant there was a lot of grappling, but not in a way that the referee could really jump in an separate them early every time. If there's a rematch I imagine it will go much the same way, as Ward is very hard to pin down.

Can't see Haye-Bellew as anything other than Bellew getting knocked out. If anything, Bellew's confidence since wining the title, and the needle between them, will probably make Bellew too bold and he'll get knocked out early. Looking forward to it though.

i wish they would get on with the Billy Joe Saunders fight -postponed another week now.

Billy Joe is going to stagnate if he isnt careful, could have fought a GGG (I wouldn't have recommended it yet) but no he is a paisley town hall

Stone me

Billy Joe is going to stagnate if he isnt careful, could have fought a GGG (I wouldn't have recommended it yet) but no he is a paisley town hall

Stone me

You are right, he has been out of action for too long. He could do with more fights at this stage of his career. I rate him as a boxer, although it is shame he doesn't have heavier hands (although he can punch). There are a lot of interesting fights out there for him, if they can be made.

I had Ward narrowly winning but wasn't surprised by the backlash to the fight. In the build I read a number of articles about how boxing needed Kovalev to win to save the sport. The rising popularity of UFC has led to a dislike for Ward's style of intelligent ringmanship, which is seen as negative. I like watching his style, and I'm enjoying seeing a future hall of famer perform.

And if GGG had taken the Ward fight when offered last year, then Ward would have comfortably won, but that's a whole different matter.

You are right, he has been out of action for too long. He could do with more fights at this stage of his career. I rate him as a boxer, although it is shame he doesn't have heavier hands (although he can punch). There are a lot of interesting fights out there for him, if they can be made.

He offered Eubank jnr a rematch, which outside of GGG is the biggest pay day for him, but true to form Eubank reneged on negotiations. It is underwhelming having a year out though.

Saunders has stagnated - he's fighting in Paisley Leisure Centre FFS !

Bellew knows what he's doing, he knows he will likely get sparked out within 3 rounds, but he knows there is no serious dough to be made at Cruiserweight, so he's probably going to make the best payday in his career with this fight, Haye on PPV makes money, he's not stupid. Fraudley supposedly made 4-5m off their fight ha!

Bellew knows what he's doing, he knows he will likely get sparked out within 3 rounds, but he knows there is no serious dough to be made at Cruiserweight, so he's probably going to make the best payday in his career with this fight, Haye on PPV makes money, he's not stupid. Fraudley supposedly made 4-5m off their fight ha!

Exactly, There have been great cruiserweights but it is the worst of the major weights. Ironic is the calls from Bellew that for Haye its money, well of course it is, but Bellew needs the fight to make anywhere near BIG Money.

People will always pick bones in Haye and he divides opinion, but he has also been a victim of having his peak in a weak Heavyweight period, he did what he did though and I actually like him and rate him as the most talented of the current Heavyweights still active. I also think he beats AJ in 2017 if that happens

Exactly, There have been great cruiserweights but it is the worst of the major weights. Ironic is the calls from Bellew that for Haye its money, well of course it is, but Bellew needs the fight to make anywhere near BIG Money.

People will always pick bones in Haye and he divides opinion, but he has also been a victim of having his peak in a weak Heavyweight period, he did what he did though and I actually like him and rate him as the most talented of the current Heavyweights still active. I also think he beats AJ in 2017 if that happens

People give Haye stick for the fights he's taking, if he's taking it seriously or not. I think it's pretty clear he isn't, if his missus wasn't taking him to the cleaners he wouldn't be fighting. It's all for money.

He could have got himself an eliminator fight or maybe even an interim title fight what with the division being a total mess at the moment, but doesn't seem interested, even the Briggs fight would have done more for him if he actually wanted to win a belt again.

He would spark Wilder, if he fought Joshua in the next 6-12 months he could probably catch him, longer he waits, the sooner Joshua learns to move his head.

I think though its a money builder, build the story for 2017, knock out Bellew and then change your targets to AJ, build up the tension and the fight sells for more than if he just fights him next.

If AJ does in fact fight Wlad in a stadium next year and win, he could look to Haye for another stadium fight. Though Iassume he will get a mandatory sooner or later.

I really want to see AJ vs. Wilder, I think he would absolutely smash the sh*t out of Deontaaaay.

AJ's reputation is built entirely upon punching people who are staying still and not hitting back. He was wobbled by Whyte who isn't a big hitter and is, at best, British level.

That said, he catches anyone with 1 clean punch and he causes trouble, and heavyweight more than any other division, that is invaluable. For me though, he is far from the finished article, but as a world champion he has no more space to learn. He must seek to unify by this time next year.

If AJ does in fact fight Wlad in a stadium next year and win, he could look to Haye for another stadium fight. Though Iassume he will get a mandatory sooner or later.

I really want to see AJ vs. Wilder, I think he would absolutely smash the sh*t out of Deontaaaay.

Even if all goes according to plan for AJ in his next few fights, it might take while to make the Wilder fight because of Wilder's injuries. However, if the fight was made I think it would be an interesting fight. Wilder can be fluid and quick for a big puncher. And he can fight cagey, hands up if he remembers. However, he also has a habit of dropping his hands and hanging his chin out. So I think it would depend which Wilder turned up on the night as to how the fight went. But an uninjured, cagey, hands up Wilder, would have a chance against AJ.

Haye vs AJ next year - that would be great fight. If Haye was anything close to his best, then he has a great chance. In a way I'd like Haye to have another shot at a career defining fight - otherwise he will always be remembered for the Klitschko fight where he discovered that he wasn't big enough to bully Klitschko inside, and didn't have the reach or size to beat him from outside -unlike Fury. In fact Klitschko had many of the same problems against Fury, although on the front foot. And Haye fought a younger more mobile Klitschko too.

Even if all goes according to plan for AJ in his next few fights, it might take while to make the Wilder fight because of Wilder's injuries. However, if the fight was made I think it would be an interesting fight. Wilder can be fluid and quick for a big puncher. And he can fight cagey, hands up if he remembers. However, he also has a habit of dropping his hands and hanging his chin out. So I think it would depend which Wilder turned up on the night as to how the fight went. But an uninjured, cagey, hands up Wilder, would have a chance against AJ.

Haye vs AJ next year - that would be great fight. If Haye was anything close to his best, then he has a great chance. In a way I'd like Haye to have another shot at a career defining fight - otherwise he will always be remembered for the Klitschko fight where he discovered that he wasn't big enough to bully Klitschko inside, and didn't have the reach or size to beat him from outside -unlike Fury. In fact Klitschko had many of the same problems against Fury, although on the front foot. And Haye fought a younger more mobile Klitschko too.

Both AJ and Wilder have their flaws, so would be an interesting fight no doubt.

Back