• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

142 was a great event, big early contender for KO of the year with Barbozas Wheelkick on Etim... damn!

Two events untill 143, but I'm hyped for Diaz vs. Condit, I think Diaz will take it but if it goes 5 rounds you just know it's going to be a bloody war!

Munoz injured, which means Sonnen vs Bisping!

The lead up to the fight will be almost as interesting as the fight itself - however I can't see Bisping stopping Sonnen's takedown.

Shame we only get 10 days of trash talking between them, but I agree, Bisping will likely stay on the outside and pick his shots but Sonnen its pretty ruthless with his takedowns, he will stalk him and get him down eventually, Bisping could possibly sub him from the bottom.

Should be a good fight!

"Well, this is it! The biggest fight of my life, offered to me on 10 days notice: a No. 1 contenderÔÇÖs fight for the UFC middleweight title. Me against Chael Sonnen, who is one of the best-known fighters in the sport, live on FOX next Saturday night, Jan. 28. A huge fight, huge opportunity for me and my family.
I was due to fight Demian Maia, probably the most dangerous Brazilian Jiu-jitsu fighter in the division, if not the entire UFC, on the Chicago card. It was already a short-notice fight, just seven weeks after my fight in Las Vegas where I beat up Jason "Mayhem" Miller. But I was thrilled ÔÇö honored, actually ÔÇö to be asked by the UFC to be part of this huge event live on FOX.

Then I got a call Tuesday afternoon from UFC president Dana White. I was sitting down having some post-morning workout lunch, talking with my trainers about how well my BJJ defense was looking ahead of my UFC on FOX fight with Maia.

We were all rather pleased with how things were going; Maia is basically a 50-times-better version of Miller, but there are similarities. They are very similar fighters in style if not ability, and so the things I worked on for Miller set me up nicely for the Maia fight. I was drilling my submission defense like crazy, and was very confident of putting on a massive performance against Damien.

Then ÔÇ£DANA WHITEÔÇØ popped up on my caller ID. I picked it up and Dana said: ÔÇ£I got some good news for you ... Mark Munoz is hurt, howÔÇÖd you like to take his place and fight Chael for the No. 1 contender spot?ÔÇØ

Dana hadnÔÇÖt even finished saying Munoz was out before I was planning how to beat Sonnen in my head. IÔÇÖve accepted fights on short notice for the UFC throughout my career, but this one is a massive, massive chance for me, and I am very grateful to Dana, (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and the UFC. I was already hugely grateful to be asked to fight on FOX, but to fight Chael on FOX ... well, there are hundreds of fighters who would kill for this opportunity, and I would have had to be a fool to turn it down.

IÔÇÖm sure IÔÇÖll get blasted for this on the forums, but I feel I could have been the one fighting Chael anyway. We were due to be "The Ultimate Fighter" coaches against each other, but because of things outside our control it didnÔÇÖt happen, and IÔÇÖve won a fight since. I donÔÇÖt understand how Mark Munoz, as great as heÔÇÖs been doing lately, was getting Chael instead of me. I feel bad for Mark, but I know heÔÇÖll come again and no doubt he will be right back in the mix in this very interesting 185-pound weight class.

I feel very sorry for Damien, too, as ours was a great matchup and I am sure he trained hard for me. HeÔÇÖs a class act as a fighter and a person, and I am glad heÔÇÖs still getting a great fight and opportunity on FOX.

Next week, IÔÇÖm ready to go all guns blazing. A fight is a fight, and at this level anything can happen, but all things being equal, Chael Sonnen cannot knock me out. He canÔÇÖt submit me, either. The worst that is going to happen is that he will outpoint me and, if I donÔÇÖt beat him, I didnÔÇÖt deserve a title shot against Anderson Silva anyway.

But my performance against Miller in the opening round, where he held me down for three minutes, wasnÔÇÖt good enough, and I will need to be better Saturday. I needed to be better than that if I was going to beat Maia, and I will need to be better than that to beat Chael."

I know Bisping is possibly the most disliked fighter in the UFC - but I like him.

I think he likes being disliked, he moans about it then flips off a crowd of yanks, he loves the villain role.

I rather like him too, although the Hendo KO was possibly the best KO I've ever seen, still makes me chuckle.

I think it's passed the point of ever being possible. Shame because Paq is the only person who looks like he could beat Mayweather.

Crazy brick.

Would be a shame for him to ruin a great personal story if true.

I don't understand PED's in Boxing.....if you use roids they bulk you up and carry excess water, terrible for making weight.

A stimulant won't protect you from being cut or knocked out.

Just doesn't make sense.

Lol at Frank Warren on the radio this morning OWNING the BBC bitch!!

They were trying to slag Chisora and Haye and he said 'why did the BBC broadcast the Bahrain Grand Prox when 50 people were killed??

OWNED

Back