• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

Why are they only retaken when the player misses though. There was encroachment on both penalties.

That is an unreal score line. Whatever Liverpool do City can and will trump them.

Sterling will score an absolute truckload this season.

Offside is an objective decision. It's either offside or not. No interpretation involved.
I suppose if you're having tech to determine - to the millimetre - whether a shot crosses the goal line, then you may as well use tech if you can determine to the millimetre whether a player is offside or not.

Big statements from both Liverpool and City.
If west ham stay injury free, they could have a pop at Europa League, the first xi is pretty good. No depth though.

Shows how dangerous city will be.

Big statements from both Liverpool and City.
If west ham stay injury free, they could have a pop at Europa League, the first xi is pretty good. No depth though.

Shows how dangerous city will be.

If you look at the score, yes.
If you look at the performance, yes and no.

City made it look easy today, away, at a club you just tipped for Europe. Frightening.

Liverpool started strong, at home, against a newly promoted (and rather young) team, and faded badly through the second half to the point where Norwich had enough chances to make a game of it.

As much as people will point to the points gap last season, I'm saying there is a gulf between City and Pool, and if anything, we will be above pool come the end of the season. If not it'll be bloody close

If you look at the score, yes.
If you look at the performance, yes and no.

City made it look easy today, away, at a club you just tipped for Europe. Frightening.

Liverpool started strong, at home, against a newly promoted (and rather young) team, and faded badly through the second half to the point where Norwich had enough chances to make a game of it.

As much as people will point to the points gap last season, I'm saying there is a gulf between City and Pool, and if anything, we will be above pool come the end of the season. If not it'll be bloody close
Agreed.
But ultimately the score is actually all that matters. I didn't watch the games, but if Liverpool won by that margin by stumbling through the game, that in itself is a statement - it's what we did alot of last season. It's a skill.

Villa will be an interesting game.
Lots of money and new players is always a huge gamble.
Can't quite work out if their squad is mid table or set up to crash and burn.

It was an ok championship squad, with Abraham making a huge difference. Goalscorers always do...

Ming's was excellent at CB, McGinn and Freakish real quality at times in midfield.

Otherwise it was all pretty meh

Despite all the buys I don't really see a big leap in quality.

Whatever happens today* I think it'll be a long season for them and it's most likely they'll be heading back down.

Smith is a good manager, always a chance he gets them playing greater than the sum of their parts, but it would be a hell of a job if he does.

* Newly promoted, full of addrenaline, teams often do well in the first few games regardless of how bad their season ends up, don't they?

Agreed.
But ultimately the score is actually all that matters. I didn't watch the games, but if Liverpool won by that margin by stumbling through the game, that in itself is a statement - it's what we did alot of last season. It's a skill.

Not really?

Look at the game it was. They caught Norwich cold in a typical blitzkrieg start. Very strong in the first half. Faded throughout the second.

It's exactly the sort of thing they did all last year, but better teams won't be so susceptible to it imo.

Also, take a look at the goals, very poor defending on all.

The score really flatters them, and not in a 'credit for grinding it out' way

Imo of course

Is the league turning into a Spain or Germany situation? Ridiculous points totals, an away draw seen as a disastrous results, it’s been a long time since I heard “even the teams at the bottom can beat those at the top.”

I take my hat off to City and the Dippers for last season but much more of them smashing teams every week and it will get boring quick.

@nayimfromthehalfwayline
Do you think they are worse Sheffield United, Brighton, Burnley, Norwich, Saudi Sportswashing Machine?
I'm thinking those lot plus Villa and Southampton. Any of them could go down.
Although interesting to see Pukki score for Norwich, bodes well for them

Burnley are better imo, Dyche is quality and they've a lot of experience/know how.

The rest are all going to be right in it, pick any 3 and I couldn't argue with you.

Norwich are a bright team, young, play positive football. No outright quality though

Sheff It'd play like a 532 with roaming defenders, strong system and well used to it, but again no outright quality. Very workmanlike.

Brighton are trying to transition into a more attacking side. Again with no real outright quality. Much will depend on Maupay who was class at Brentford. Can he step up and they adapt?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a championship squad and manager, in for a long season if Joelinton and Almiron don't find goals.

SCBC I like the manager and what he's about, but once again wheres the quality?

Pretty well all of these teams seasons depend on two things imo
1 momentum
2 managers really earning their keep

Back