• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

For distribution of money they could take every team's best and worst case finishes and percentage likelihood of each finish and and average out the money according to that (so for example Liverpool get 98% share of winners prize money and 2% share of second place. Emirates Marketing Project get 2% share of first place prize money, 60% share of 2nd, 25% share of 3rd, 8% share of 4th (etc). If there is no PL relegation then the parachute payments that would've gone to the relegated clubs can be allocated to the clubs at the top of and with a chance of a play off place using similar percentage likelihood allocations.

This is the sort of logical and fair analysis that will never work in football. What are you thinking?

For distribution of money they could take every team's best and worst case finishes and percentage likelihood of each finish and and average out the money according to that (so for example Liverpool get 98% share of winners prize money and 2% share of second place. Emirates Marketing Project get 2% share of first place prize money, 60% share of 2nd, 25% share of 3rd, 8% share of 4th (etc). If there is no PL relegation then the parachute payments that would've gone to the relegated clubs can be allocated to the clubs at the top of and with a chance of a play off place using similar percentage likelihood allocations.
As long as the victims don't win the title, that sounds like a solid suggestion.

so you think football defies the norm including tonight’s news ?? Strange

Errrrm, no...my original point was that football may start again in 3 months - certainly not tomorrow, and certainly not in the next 3 weeks.

At some point we will have to come out and start living life again. Your post suggesting football wouldn’t happen ‘while this virus is around’ didn’t make any sense.

This virus will now, most probably, always ‘be around’. We will get better at treating it (as we have with polio, smallpox, measles, seasonal flu - all those diseases which caused fear in the past) and there will eventually be a vaccine.

Waiting for the virus to ‘not be around’ so that football can resume again is waiting for a very very long time - decades, certainly, if not much much longer.

Errrrm, no...my original point was that football may start again in 3 months - certainly not tomorrow, and certainly not in the next 3 weeks.

At some point we will have to come out and start living life again. Your post suggesting football wouldn’t happen ‘while this virus is around’ didn’t make any sense.

This virus will now, most probably, always ‘be around’. We will get better at treating it (as we have with polio, smallpox, measles, seasonal flu - all those diseases which caused fear in the past) and there will eventually be a vaccine.

Waiting for the virus to ‘not be around’ so that football can resume again is waiting for a very very long time - decades, certainly, if not much much longer.

I meant in its current form.

We won't be able to treat this for 12 months to the level you are talking

Who provides the odds?

For me there is only two possibilities

- Null and void the season, yes impacts certain teams, but most spots (Europe, relegation, promotion) are still not 100% certain so "incumbent" status (which was earned) stays the same
- Play on till you finish, which will have crazy impact on next season

Even the 2nd option is a disaster, how do you submit CL teams on time? are you denying promoted teams a chance at a full season of PL/tv revenue? what happens to players who's contracts are up in June?

Personally I think the Pl is just fudging around till the only answer plays itself out (void it)

The answer, void it and set up to restart as early as scenario allows, use any time left this year/summer to finish cups ..

Your response is your answer.
It's not - it really does depend.

You can't play a few thousand dead off against the balance sheet of an SME, obviously.

The generally accepted value of a human life is in the region of around USD8M, so it would be a large but feasible balance sheet.

It's not - it really does depend.

You can't play a few thousand dead off against the balance sheet of an SME, obviously.

The generally accepted value of a human life is in the region of around USD8M, so it would be a large but feasible balance sheet.
Generally accepted by who?

Generally accepted by who?
Governments, insurance providers, assessors, environmental agencies, healthcare providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers.

They all have their own numbers but they bounce around there - might have been some inflation since I last got involved.

Governments, insurance providers, assessors, environmental agencies, healthcare providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers.

They all have their own numbers but they bounce around there - might have been some inflation since I last got involved.
Ah...I thought it was a typical ransom figure you were quoting.

Smallpox is the only virus we have ever fully eradicated isn’t it?

Who provides the odds?

For me there is only two possibilities

- Null and void the season, yes impacts certain teams, but most spots (Europe, relegation, promotion) are still not 400% certain so "incumbent" status (which was earned) stays the same
- Play on till you finish, which will have crazy impact on next season

Even the 2nd option is a disaster, how do you submit CL teams on time? are you denying promoted teams a chance at a full season of PL/tv revenue? what happens to players who's contracts are up in June?

Personally I think the Pl is just fudging around till the only answer plays itself out (void it)

The answer, void it and set up to restart as early as scenario allows, use any time left this year/summer to finish cups ..
The Finktank predictor would do. It’s only to provide prize money.

Back