• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

How I hate Martin Tyler's Liverpool-centric commentary and sycophancy about City failing to win. Give it a rest you fossil.
He is such a clam. Fernandinho doesn’t get booked as he has a nice face, two kids and loves living in England.

I just knew Mahrez was going to miss that. You could tell as he was waiting to take it. No excuse for a pen like that.
Luckily it didn’t matter. A draw was probably best for us. As long as the dippers didn’t win.

So we’re two points off top, without playing particularly well, having played more away games and missing key players - does that mean we are title contenders too?

Why not!

Our brick smell just like every buggers COYS

I just knew Mahrez was going to miss that. You could tell as he was waiting to take it. No excuse for a pen like that.
Luckily it didn’t matter. A draw was probably best for us. As long as the dippers didn’t win.

I can’t believe we are two off the top at this stage especially given how ordinary we have been. To be fair, our fixture list has been kind especially over the last few weeks.

The next month, with games against City and Chelsea should tell us more.

Spot on. Said exactly the same to Mrs Wolf. Reminded of when Lamela and Son argued over taking a pen and Lamela went and missed. But today for me was anything but a Liverpool win.

On a side note I think I just heard Mahrez's penalty land in the back yard

Spot on. Said exactly the same to Mrs Wolf. Reminded of when Lamela and Son argued over taking a pen and Lamela went and missed. But today for me was anything but a Liverpool win.

On a side note I think I just heard Mahrez's penalty land in the back yard

Probably overtook Sissoko’s volley from the other night.

And yes, I was also talking about the Son-Lamela penalty. I remember Poch saying he left it up to the players to decide. That’s wrong imo. There should always be a clear pecking order. A player can choose to pass if they don’t feel up to it, but the order should always be established in advance. imo.

I think we need to pipe down a little about our "only two points off the top" stuff....unless we think Arsenal are also "title challengers" too....

I would have preferred a Liverpool win today...would have put Pressure on Pep and that would have been much more interesting...

Someone get Nurse Ratched.

I'll take <empty space on the league table> getting any sort of a result over 'pool every time.

At most times i'd be the same; but deep down you know if Liverpool would have gone clear eventually they'd be caught...not so sure with that re Pep and City...like Jose they like to have leads at the top then cruise. A pool win would have made them have to chase and like Jose i don't think he's comfortable having to do so, even though he'd be more comfortable if he had to given the way he tends to attack rather than park the bus like Jose..

Back