• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea, 28, is insisting on £350,000-a-week wage demands, which would make him the club's second highest earner behind behind £400,000-a-week Alexis Sanchez, 30. (Mirror)

and rightly so, without him they would not have even been top 10 the past 4 seasons

£400k a week. Will the madness ever end? Is there a limit or will wages just keep rising?

Who will be the first £1m a week player? As in £52m a year, plus bonuses, plus sponsorships, plus marketing rights?

That's one person earning as much in one year as an average person will probably need 1000-1500 years of work to match.

It's obscene, nothing else.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this brick upsets me.

£400k a week. Will the madness ever end? Is there a limit or will wages just keep rising?

Who will be the first £1m a week player? As in £52m a year, plus bonuses, plus sponsorships, plus marketing rights?

That's one person earning as much in one year as an average person will probably need 1000-1500 years of work to match.

It's obscene, nothing else.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this brick upsets me.

Messi is allegedly on 700k a week basic, his last contract had a 60m SOF, if you count that and bonuses he’s probably at the 1m mark.

And for Barca, he’s worth single penny.

I want City to smash them, because I only think Liverpool will fall back if City stay on their tail. And that would leave us 10 points clear of the Champions League places and 9 points clear in 3rd position.

City not being way ahead of Liverpool already is inexplicable. Really wouldn't have minded if they dropped some points today.

Back