• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Not sure where Fulham go from here. Always thought Ranieri was a risky appointment given their situation and I’m not sure he’d be the right man for them in the championship either.

Has sesssgnon’s regression been due to the higher standard he’s up against or the whole teams decline? I have a few friends who liked the look him of him when he was tearing up the championship, is he worth a punt now his transfer fee might be more in line with his potential? He has a year left on his contract in the summer.

Sessgnon doesn’t look like he ready for all the current negative pressure Fulham are under imo

It’s the only upside to any of this!
Why does everyone think that Solskjær as manager is such a benefit for us? He's a great guy and a good manager. He's a manager that is capable of doing what Poch is doing with Spurs. He's not a Pep that needs gazillions of money to buy. He develops players.

Why does everyone think that Solskjær as manager is such a benefit for us? He's a great guy and a good manager. He's a manager that is capable of doing what Poch is doing with Spurs. He's not a Pep that needs gazillions of money to buy. He develops players.
Do you think he is that good mate? Genuine question. Sure, Man Utd were a mess when he arrived but they had a tremendous squad of expensively assembled players. Look at the options he has in midfield and up front for example. Compare those options to what Poch had at his disposal in 2014 or even what he has now. Solskjaer just has them performing to their expected level. Could any manager, except Jose, do that? What could Poch do with that squad of players?

Two offside goals for Liverpool recently, seems like they're getting the rub of the Leicester green this season. Sure sign they'll win it. :p

Initially to remove the Poch speculation, the rest is an unknown quantity.

I have a feeling he will come up short against top teams which will be the ultimate barometer of any United managers tenure. Against us it was only our profligacy in front of goal that stopped it being a heavy defeat and as well as he’s done to get back to basics (the way Mourinho used Rashford and Martial looks like nothing short of self harm) coming 4th and even a cup run will not be enough for a club if their means.

Poch is key to us at the current stage of our development as a club, his methods and commitment thus far are our USP. One of the reasons I don’t want him at United is because his big picture thinking would be the closest they could get back the Fergie years. Fergie couldn’t have left at a better time to protect his legacy, at that time top 4 was a closed shop but now,without the ability to hoover up the players from best players out of CL and 6 clubs with different strengths in terms of structure or funds competing for the minimum requirement of 4th it’s going to be difficult for any manager there.

Even if he is the second coming of Fergie, it would still be more palatable than seeing one of ours doing it for them.

Not sure where Fulham go from here. Always thought Ranieri was a risky appointment given their situation and I’m not sure he’d be the right man for them in the championship either.

Has sesssgnon’s regression been due to the higher standard he’s up against or the whole teams decline? I have a few friends who liked the look him of him when he was tearing up the championship, is he worth a punt now his transfer fee might be more in line with his potential? He has a year left on his contract in the summer.

He must have lost the phone number of the “doctor” he used at Leicester.

Back