• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Did Fernandinho just get booked? Well phuck me, only took 3 blatant yellow card offences for him to pick that up.
I remember Tylerclam going on what a nice guy he was and how referees knew that. clam.
Agree Milner receives the same beneficial treatment

Watching them celebrate like they've won it. Reminder you thunderclams: you have played a game more than either us or the dippers, and should that game be won, 2 point difference. IF we can reverse our recent eastlands form and win up there...etc, etc...

The studio chaps at NBC have been rather good this season. A point was raised about which trophy now occupies top spot in their priorities and they thought PL was now looked at as a 'been there-done that' sort of thing and that CL would clearly be their focus.

So not putting in the hardest effort today might be understandable.

The studio chaps at NBC have been rather good this season. A point was raised about which trophy now occupies top spot in their priorities and they thought PL was now looked at as a 'been there-done that' sort of thing and that CL would clearly be their focus.

So not putting in the hardest effort today might be understandable.
It was my concern they’d mentally dump the league to focus on CL, so it’s rather sweet that Liverpool allowed the gap to close just to keep them interested. Conversely I think a Liverpool fan would take the league title over another CL.

Well that's that.
RAWK anyone?

Just having a nose.

Theres a 131 page thread called "Chasing the title". I suspect thats far more telling than they may realise. Seems an odd, but appropriate choice of title for me.

Lots of blathering about people on there being media influenced.

Nobody should be telling anyone how to feel at the minute. It's new ground. People could do with being more
understanding. If someone is a bit hysterical, think of it like being shut in the lift with someone who's claustraphobic. Are you going to shout at them and tell them to pull themselves together if they're hyperventilating? If you are, chances are you're a taco.

What's most frustrating for me is that we can't beat the low block sides.
The alternative to a poor performing Firmino or Salah is Sturidge or Shaqiri and the drop off in quality is a massive nose dive.

The fans need to join the party instead of creating anxiety.

What party? We blew a comfortable advantage and there is a big chance we will bottle the whole thing now. Its normal for the people to be anxious given the fact in the recent years we blew all our chances for a silverware..

Looking at the fixtures left to play, City have the more difficult fixtures on paper. Need to hope they go deep in to the FA cup and CL and start drawing some proper teams. If they are playing Barca away through the week and get beat, lets see how they fancy a trip to Palace at the weekend, for example. If that happens, I think 33 points might be enough. That is, winning every game except United away, Spurs at home and Chelsea at home (drawing all 3). That would leave us on 95. Could probably even afford a loss in there instead of a draw. You'd fancy us to beat at least one of those 3 as well, if not 2. Of course, we are likely to drop points against the 'lesser' teams as well. Id say 92 should be the minimum. If we get that tally or more and don't win it, fair do's to whoever finishes above us.

[in response to above]
We will have the same issues if we get past Bayern though. With our lack of depth you’d expect us to drop more points per game than them if we go deep into the European Cup. We really needed to secure (the unexpected opportunity for) a buffer during this period when the sole focus has been on the league but due to lack of form and injuries we haven’t.

It’s going to be tough but we’ve got a great opportunity to do it.

Don't know about defense, but if we'd had Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano in midfield we'd have the title wrapped up by now. World class midfield back then but maybe not as good in attack as now. It's always something though isn't it.

Oh well.
Lead is gone now. 7 points became 5 points and became 3 points and now no daylight between the top two.
Like it or Not, the players are feeling the pressure at 15 games to the finishing line. That's just too early.

The lack of experience is bearing down on the players.
In earlier games they were playing freely and winning comfortably. It has changed. In spite of city faltering they were unable to put a further distance between.

Now that city is ahead again, the pressure will be intense. Even with 13 games to go.
We will see who falters first.

Its actually a lot less hysterical than I expected

Back