• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
12 August
Arsenal vs Leicester City
Brighton and Hove Albion vs Emirates Marketing Project
Chelsea vs Burnley
Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield Town
Everton vs Stoke City
Manchester United vs West Ham United
Saudi Sportswashing Machine vs Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton vs Swansea City
Watford vs Liverpool
West Bromwich Albion vs Bournemouth

Chelsea and Tottenham for early and late kickoffs on Saturday respectively.
Manchester double header on Super Sunday.
Arsenal on Monday as Liverpool have a CL qualifier.

what did I say about being happy to not have to play chelsea at home in the CS to open our season there

fudging PL are trolling me

flip side is we can probably tie the title up at stamford bridge and leicester will have to give us a guard of honour on the last day whilst being relegated

Screenshot_20170624-144724.thumb.png.d24f1d923cdf6b70059ec0244dbbf5de.png

Ryan Giggs says it will be a battle between Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United for the Premier League title this season.

Former United winger Giggs, 43, who is looking to get back into the game after leaving United last summer when Jose Mourinho arrived, believes United have the best squad and says City’s front five is “scary”.

City finished third last season, winning no silverware but they have added Bernardo Silva, Kyle Walker, Douglas Luiz and Ederson to their ranks and they will be hopeful of an improvement.

Man Utd finished sixth but won the League Cup and Europa League and the arrivals of Romelu Lukaku and Victor Lindelof will strengthen Jose Mourinho’s hand as they look to get back into the Champions League.

“It’s Jose’s second season with United. Last season they had the best squad and I think this year they’ve got the best squad again,” Giggs told talkSPORT.

“They haven’t necessarily got the best XI, but their strength in depth is huge.

“And City; towards the end of the season away at Watford they had Gabriel Jesus, Leroy Sane, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne.

“That front five is scary…and Raheem Sterling wasn’t even on the pitch!

“It’s Guardiola’s second season in the Premier League, too, so they will be really strong.

“It’ll be interesting to see how Chelsea cope with the Champions League, but I can definitely see United and City contending for the title.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/ryan-giggs-predicts-two-horse-premier-league-title-race

Ryan Giggs says it will be a battle between Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United for the Premier League title this season.

Former United winger Giggs, 43, who is looking to get back into the game after leaving United last summer when Jose Mourinho arrived, believes United have the best squad and says City’s front five is “scary”.

City finished third last season, winning no silverware but they have added Bernardo Silva, Kyle Walker, Douglas Luiz and Ederson to their ranks and they will be hopeful of an improvement.

Man Utd finished sixth but won the League Cup and Europa League and the arrivals of Romelu Lukaku and Victor Lindelof will strengthen Jose Mourinho’s hand as they look to get back into the Champions League.

“It’s Jose’s second season with United. Last season they had the best squad and I think this year they’ve got the best squad again,” Giggs told talkSPORT.

“They haven’t necessarily got the best XI, but their strength in depth is huge.

“And City; towards the end of the season away at Watford they had Gabriel Jesus, Leroy Sane, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne.

“That front five is scary…and Raheem Sterling wasn’t even on the pitch!

“It’s Guardiola’s second season in the Premier League, too, so they will be really strong.

“It’ll be interesting to see how Chelsea cope with the Champions League, but I can definitely see United and City contending for the title.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/ryan-giggs-predicts-two-horse-premier-league-title-race

Giggs was a great player but there's a Reason why no one wants him as a manager.... and it ain't in case he shags the staff

Giggs was never among the best players in the world, what he was though, was very good for a very long time. There's been many players who've been better, but not as consistent over as many years.

I can't wait until the season starts to shut down the clams who support Man United, Liverpool & Arsenal.

The following is about United but very true for the others too.

All I hear, at the moment, is how United will win the league. I can't see how given how brick their league form was last season, especially at home. And then you have those that say Lukaku will win top scorer by Christmas. That and how Spurs will struggle and how we only have 4 good players etc. Listening to the idiots sounding off... It's a circus full of clams; a clamus if you like.

I can't wait until we are talking reality, and not deluded fantasies. But maybe that in itself is an idea born in fantasy as all these fans have ideas which aren't based in reality. I don't know.

Back