• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Thread.

which article has those detailed @milo ?

nevermind, found the statement :

On 25 June 2016 an 18 year old young man died in hospital after a night out at Fabric nightclub, from the effects of MDMA (Ecstasy). Six weeks later, on 6 August 2016, another 18 year old young man died in similar circumstances.

In both of these cases, the young men and their friends were able to conceal drugs on their person when entering Fabric, and get through the search and entry procedures without being detected. They were then able to purchase, and take, more drugs when inside Fabric.

These two tragic deaths were not the only drug-related deaths of young clubbers visiting Fabric. Since 2011 there have been a further 4 deaths.

On 12 August 2016 a sub-committee of the Authority decided to suspend Fabric's License pending the hearing of the Police's application. Then, on 6 September 2016, after a public hearing of the application, attended by Fabric, a sub-committee of the Authority decided to revoke Fabric's Licence.

The sub-committee concluded, on the evidence then before it, that a culture of drug use existed at Fabric which the existing management and security appeared incapable of controlling, and that a number of conditions on its Licence had not been complied with. It decided that the revocation of the Licence was both appropriate and proportionate in light of all the circumstances.

Fabric then exercised its statuary right to appeal to the magistrates' court, with a four day hearing of that appeal being due to start on 28 November 2016.

There have now been a number of meetings between Fabric's directors and senior management and the Authority and the Metropolitan Police. Fabric has offered many new conditions to be added to its Licence, all of which are designed to ensure a Zero Tolerance approach to drug possession, consumption and sale within the club. It has also developed a new and detailed ISO accredited Operations Manual setting out how compliance with these conditions is to be achieved, from the top to the bottom of its operation.

Fabric accepts that its procedures in relation to searching were insufficient, as were its procedures to prevent the consumption and dealing of drugs within the club itself. Fabric accepts that the Police acted reasonably in making the application for a review and that the Authority's sub-committee was fully entitled to revoke its Licence. Fabric repudiates the online abuse aimed at Committee members and Council staff and will permanently exclude anyone who has been found to be involved.

Fabric is committed to doing all it reasonably can to ensure that no more of its clubbers come to drug-related harm. It also recognises that there need to be, and will be, changes to its management structure and accountability.

The Authority welcomes Fabric's acceptance of all these matters. It is now satisfied that Fabric's directors and senior management understand precisely what has to be done to ensure that Fabric is a safe environment for young clubbers, and that Zero Tolerance to Drugs means precisely that. The measures to be implemented include:

- The use of a new I.D. scanning system on entry to the club
- Enhanced searching procedures and controls
- Covert surveillance within the club
- Life-time bans for anyone found in possession of drugs, whether on entry or within the club
- Life-time bans for anyone trying to buy drugs in the club
- Enhanced monitoring and external auditing for compliance against procedures
- Physical changes to the club, including improved lighting and additional CCTV provision
- A new Security Company
- Persons under 19 years of age shall not be permitted to be on the premises as a customer or guest from 2000 hours on a Friday until 0800 hours on the following Monday or on any day during the hours that the operators promote a Core Club Night.

In light of Fabric's acceptance that there have been failings, and given the commitment that its directors and management have shown by their development of the Operations Manual and acceptance of these new conditions, the Authority is now satisfied that the statutory licensing objectives may be met short of the revocation of the Premises Licence. It is for these reasons that it has decided not to oppose Fabric's appeal. Fabric Life will pay Islington's costs in these proceedings directly and not from the monies pledged by supporters.

For its part, Fabric understands and accepts that the additional conditions it has agreed to are meaningless unless operational practices ensure each of them is complied with. Its directors and management remain committed to ensuring compliance. They are committed to ensuring the safety of their patrons.

Fabric will not re-open until they believe they can comply with their new conditions.

Neither the Authority nor Fabric will be making any further statement in relation to this Appeal.

Sounds like a lot of deaths? Were they dehydration related, or dodgy pills?
Back when we were raving, you'd neck a dove in the queue (do pills still last all night?), I wouldn't be buying off someone I didn't know.

Sounds like a lot of deaths? Were they dehydration related, or dodgy pills?
Back when we were raving, you'd neck a dove in the queue (do pills still last all night?), I wouldn't be buying off someone I didn't know.

you can get some good pills these days if you have a reliable source but there is plenty of brick sold as well, the two recent deaths were 18 year olds (iirc) who i imagine bought badly cut pills (or straight up fakes)

reading the reports im not so sure this will have a positive effect on things, people will still take drugs inside the club or outside before coming in (as its frankly impossible to stop from happening) and as long as there are clams out there selling dodgy pills then people will continue to die, with or without a club to go to

Nothing much has changed over the last few decades regarding drugs in clubs. There used to be a rave club back in the 70's in Wigan where several ravers were affected by dodgy gear. As Billy says if you are going to do drugs make sure your supplier is good.

which article has those detailed @milo The measures to be implemented include:

- The use of a new I.D. scanning system on entry to the club
- Enhanced searching procedures and controls
- Covert surveillance within the club
- Life-time bans for anyone found in possession of drugs, whether on entry or within the club
- Life-time bans for anyone trying to buy drugs in the club
- Enhanced monitoring and external auditing for compliance against procedures
- Physical changes to the club, including improved lighting and additional CCTV provision
- A new Security Company
- Persons under 19 years of age shall not be permitted to be on the premises as a customer or guest from 2000 hours on a Friday until 0800 hours on the following Monday or on any day during the hours that the operators promote a Core Club Night.

Sounds like clubbing in an airport

So, I'm going to London to see the EL game on the 23rd of february, and the game vs Stoke the following Sunday. Maybe a game on saturday as well. Options are Chelsea vs Swansea, Crystal Palace vs Middlesborough or Brentford. If I'm "lucky" I can maybe get a ticket to the League Cup final at Wembley after the game at WHL. However, I think it will be too expensive. My question though is can you recommend a pub to see the LC final after the game at whl? I will stay around Russel Square/Kings Cross. Any recommendations to restaurants to go to? I like everything, except Indian.

So, I'm going to London to see the EL game on the 23rd of february, and the game vs Stoke the following Sunday. Maybe a game on saturday as well. Options are Chelsea vs Swansea, Crystal Palace vs Middlesborough or Brentford. If I'm "lucky" I can maybe get a ticket to the League Cup final at Wembley after the game at WHL. However, I think it will be too expensive. My question though is can you recommend a pub to see the LC final after the game at whl? I will stay around Russel Square/Kings Cross. Any recommendations to restaurants to go to? I like everything, except Indian.

Could always stay in a spurs pub after the Stoke game.. Bricklayers is my favourite.

In terms of what game to watch on the Saturday, Watford v West Ham could be good, Watford is just outside London, basically at the end of the Metropolitan tube line.

Man u v Emirates Marketing Project is also scheduled to be played on the Sunday as well. I wouldn't bet against one of us, United, or City being involved and changing the fixtures played that day.

Where are you coming from?

Could always stay in a spurs pub after the Stoke game.. Bricklayers is my favourite.

In terms of what game to watch on the Saturday, Watford v West Ham could be good, Watford is just outside London, basically at the end of the Metropolitan tube line.

Man u v Emirates Marketing Project is also scheduled to be played on the Sunday as well. I wouldn't bet against one of us, United, or City being involved and changing the fixtures played that day.

Where are you coming from?
Heading over from northern Norway. Us involved in what? We're out of the cup. Most likely it will be United vs Liverpool in the final. We play early, so won't affect the LC final. I'm thinking it might be more difficult to get affordable tickets to the Watford - West ham game, compared to the others.

I am leaving London. It has been a blast.

Start a new job in Warwick a week on Monday.

I am leaving London. It has been a blast.

Start a new job in Warwick a week on Monday.
sympathy-card-messages.jpg

We enjoy going up to the theatre staying in a nice hotel, having something good to eat out in town and then getting a spa treatment the next morning, apart from New York the is no where else in the world you can really do that. The wife likes doing these blue plaque walks, so we follow literary walks of where people have lived, as long as we stop somewhere nice to eat I am happy to tag along.

Also I am looking forward to the National British army museum reopening this year. The are lots of good things to do in London.

I like London, would not want to live there, but as they say, when your tired of London your tired of life.

Had my bike nicked outside of Tesco Express in Hackney Downs this weekend. Had it locked up with a heavy duty lock by the entrance. Went in for five minutes, came out and the lock was still intact and untampered with, but bike had gone. I'm surprised I lasted this long in London without having it nicked to be fair. Little fudging scallywag/s.

Had my bike nicked outside of Tesco Express in Hackney Downs this weekend. Had it locked up with a heavy duty lock by the entrance. Went in for five minutes, came out and the lock was still intact and untampered with, but bike had gone. I'm surprised I lasted this long in London without having it nicked to be fair. Little fudging scallywag/s.
Lock it like this, and I swear it won't happen again :D
maxresdefault.jpg

Back