• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Thread.

3 decent pubs The White Hart Gt Suffolk St, The Lord Nelson and The Charles dingdongens both on Union Street. Good burgers in the Lord Nelson

Worked in Stamford St and Southwark St area for over 25 years and never been robbed (apart from a few restuarants) or attacked. Only seen loud mouthed drunks since it's been "regenerated".
That's good to hear, I can't say I ever venture to that side of the river - the map I have still says "Here there be dragons"

3 decent pubs The White Hart Gt Suffolk St, The Lord Nelson and The Charles dingdongens both on Union Street. Good burgers in the Lord Nelson

I like the Lord Nelson. The Charles dingdongens was closed for a refit the last time I walked past, has it opened again?

Further across, I like the Rake, the Southwark Tavern and the Royal Oak.

I like the Lord Nelson. The Charles dingdongens was closed for a refit the last time I walked past, has it opened again?

Further across, I like the Rake, the Southwark Tavern and the Royal Oak.

Don't know only go up there 3 or 4 times a year now I've retired, never heard of The Rake! The Royal Oak was too far to walk to.

I went with a mate to see a Millwall game a few years ago. Talked to a Spurs fan at bell and hare the day after who said he had never been down there during his 25 years of living in London as it had a rep for being a sure place to get robbed, stabbed, raped or all. Twas allright though. Decent pizza, an allright pub, some degenerate chav Millwall fans, but we survived alright! Recommended! Hahaha.

beer wise, imo, the best pub in the area is the Ring, opposite southwark station

always some intersting pales and porters

i often have a quick one up the ring

beer wise, imo, the best pub in the area is the Ring, opposite southwark station

always some intersting pales and porters

i often have a quick one up the ring

A quick one turns into a session and you end up getting smashed in the ring.

Katzenjammer is pretty decent as well if you want some German beer. Good if you have a big crowd. Borough market is a good shout as well.

Booked a chaps Xmas do here. What's the best place nearby to watch football beforehand?

I usually go to Roxies which has the biggest screen I've ever seen in a bar - http://www.roxybarandscreen.co.uk/

There's some smaller places on Borough high st which will show it but aren't amazing like the blue eyed maid and belushis. In Borough Market I think the wheat sheaf shows football but not 100%.

If you want the easiest place then there's Sheaf which is next door to Katzenjammer, depends if you get cabin fever staying in the same area for too long.

There's some smaller places on Borough high st which will show it but aren't amazing like the blue eyed maid and belushis. In Borough Market I think the wheat sheaf shows football but not 100%.

Went to Belushi's last year to watch a game and had the worst service I think I've ever seen in a bar. I'm sure they've improved now but it was utter brick.

Tonnes of screens though!

I'm meeting a friend on Sunday morning before she jumps on a coach at Victoria coach station.

Can anyone suggest somewhere to get breakfast/brunch? Extra points if it's good value for money.

Back