• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Italian Football Thread

Makes me thankful that English football is no longer stuck in hooligan era 1980s :eek:

https://www.football-italia.net/132575/nine-arrested-after-boxing-day-violence
Nine people have been arrested in connection with the violence which preceded the Inter-Napoli game on Boxing Day.

Four visiting fans were injured ahead of the match, with at least two stabbed, and an Inter Ultra was killed.

Daniele Belardinelli, 35, was struck by a black SUV and later died from his injuries in hospital.

The clashes occurred about an hour before the match in Via Novara, at the corner with via Fratelli Zoia two kilometres away from San Siro.

A minibus with Napoli fans was attacked by around 100 people, who it’s claimed were fans of Inter, Varese and Nice.

The bus was hit with sticks and metal bars, before fans tried to flee from the scene.

It’s at this moment that Belardinelli ran into the opposite lane and was struck by the SUV, whose driver may not have noticed the incident.

Napoli fans were the first to draw attention to his injuries, before Inter fans took him to hospital, where he could not be saved.

As for the visiting fans, Giovanni Stabile, 43, was stabbed in the abdomen and Angelo Iazzetta, 39, was wounded in the arm and taken to hospital in Rho.

Angelo Simone, 37, and 40-year-old Luigi Corrente were treated for minor injuries.

Inter, Varese and Nice?
Do you ban Italy and France?
Sounds more like a social issue than a football one sadly.
It was tongue in cheek referencing our wholesale ban in the 80s. I’m not familiar with the French incident but there does seem to be more stabbings in football related violence in Italy and punishments like 20k fines or playing a match behind closed doors don’t seem to be much of a deterrent at all.

Stabbings in Italy around the times of UEFA club games go back at least to 1984. Retaliation for trouble in Rome in 1984 is often given as one the contributing factors to the Heysel disaster. There is no reason to think UEFA would want to punish Italian clubs now, when they have been protected for over 30 years.

It was tongue in cheek referencing our wholesale ban in the 80s. I’m not familiar with the French incident but there does seem to be more stabbings in football related violence in Italy and punishments like 20k fines or playing a match behind closed doors don’t seem to be much of a deterrent at all.
The ban is certainly a real option.
The article states the incident involves Inter and Varese (fair enough, Varese is so close to Milan) and Nice fans. The Nice fans bit makes you think it's something way above football rivalries.
I assume that meant Nice fans and not nice fans!!

Back