• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Italian Football Thread

B8iSdE6CQAAx1vT.jpg

havent paid much attention to italian football recently, but im stunned at that Milan line up. Essien and Muntari in central midfield? Wow.
Apparently they have conceded the most headed goals in serie a. Shocking how bad they have become.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2015/02/10/8789662/parma-sold-again-for-1?ICID=TP_HN_1
Parma sold again for €1

The Serie A outfit are in severe financial difficulty, leading Rezart Taci to sell the club on to a new owner
Parma have passed into new ownership once more after being sold for €1 on Monday.
The Serie A club were bought by Albanian oil tycoon Rezart Taci in December, with the relatively unknown 29-year-old Ermir Kodra being installed as president.

Arrigo Sacchi... What an absolute c*nt!

Former AC Milan coach Arrigo Sacchi says there are 'too many black players' in Italian youth teams

Iconic former Italy manager Arrigo Sacchi has caused a racism storm by claiming there are 'too many black players' in the country.

'I'm certainly not racist and my history as a coach proves that, starting from [Frank] Rijkaard,' Sacchi is quoted as saying in Tuttosport.

'But looking at the Viareggio tournament [a global youth tournament held annually in Italy] I feel like saying that there are too many black players, even in the youth teams.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...layers-Italian-youth-teams.html#ixzz3RxxOq8eZ

Last edited:
Sadly his is not an altogether uncommon attitude within Italy...

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/17/football/football-italy-saachi-racism/
...This is the latest in a line of incidents involving race to cloud Italian football.

Last year world football's governing body FIFA banned the current FIGC president Carlo Tavecchio for six months after he referred to African players as "banana eaters."

The 71-year-old waded into the debate that followed Italy's disappointing performance at the 2014 World Cup and said there should be more stringent criteria for foreign players to operate in Italy's leagues.

Tavecchio was running to become president of the FIGC when he made the comments and though several Italian clubs withdrew their support, he was elected with 63% of the vote.

UEFA also banned Tavecchio for six months but though the FIGC investigated his remarks it decided not to take any disciplinary action.

What I found briliantly ironic was Sacchi's follow up to those statements: 'no, I'm not racist, honest! I just said that there are too many coloured boys in youth games!"

The words 'foot' and 'mouth' are steaming at warp velocity towards one another, in his case. Sadly, it's Italy, so not much will happen.

Mental, how can the team of Thuram, Buffon n Canavaro be no more? They were one of the best sides in Europe in those days, with Serie A as the place to be. What a mess it all is now, clubs actually going under ffs.

Mental, how can the team of Thuram, Buffon n Canavaro be no more? They were one of the best sides in Europe in those days, with Serie A as the place to be. What a mess it all is now, clubs actually going under ffs.

Sad, but that's what happens when you spend money you don't have to the nth degree; apparently the business that bankrolled Parma in its heyday was based on one big worldwide Ponzi scheme...

it's a nuanced story, I don't know the facts but there is a suggestion the deceased mother is profiteering from the situation

there is a stereotype regarding the people of Naples in the rest of Italy

Do the fans in Italy still love their football as much as they did in the 90s when their league was amazing and had all the best players and the clubs were the best in Europe? or are they all clearly aware how much it has fallen?

We complain that the PL has gone off the boil a bit recently but the decline in Italy has been unreal.

Do the fans in Italy still love their football as much as they did in the 90s when their league was amazing and had all the best players and the clubs were the best in Europe? or are they all clearly aware how much it has fallen?

We complain that the PL has gone off the boil a bit recently but the decline in Italy has been unreal.

Juventus with one foot in the CL semis and no english clubs in the CL Qf's :rolleyes:

Sampdoria club president Massimo Ferro has criticised Rafa Benitez's weight as part of an attempt to put an end to rumours linking current boss Sinisa Mihajlovic(the one with the freekicks) with a move to Napoli to replace the Spaniard.

Speaking to Italian radio station CRC, Ferro said:

"As far as I am concerned, [Mihajlovic] is staying. If he were to leave, I'd know who to replace him with".

Paulo Sousa's not going to be Sampdoria's next coach, it will be Lino Banfi."

Don't worry if you haven't heard of this particular up and coming Italian manager, because Lino Banfi is actually an Italian comedy actor who looks a little bit like Danny De Vito.

lion-banfi_3277187b.jpg

Not content with jokingly referencing cultural icons, Ferro continued:

"I could take Benitez, but I'd have to take him to a dietitian first."

The best bit though, as always, was the last:

"Anyway, if Mihajlovic does leave, I've already got a replacement."

There's nothing that fills an employee with confidence in his job security quite like their boss publically informing a radio station that he/she "doesn't care" what they do because there's someone else better in the pipeline. This truly is man-management of the highest order.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...fa-Benitez-is-too-fat-to-manage-his-club.html

Back