• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

After the abuse Grealish and Maddison come on for on here Can i take it as a given we can not suggest any players who are English and put gel in there hair.

Seen another one who fits that profile but don't want to get lynched.

So I hope our scouting department are working over time right now.

Keeper: Lloris is not long term and has been talking about moving to America, think Gazza is only ever a number 2 for me. Hope Lloris will last another season or two so this area is not the highest of priorities considering the other issues in the squad.

Defence: Toby and Verts are off in the summer, both are coasting it so as not to get injured before the move or the Euros in the summer. Sanchez is a 3rd choice centre half and Foyth is not a good enough defender who should have had a seasons loan a year ago.

If I were to look to two centre halfs, would go for Ferro and Ake. Hope Sanchez improves as 3rd choice and Tangana can grow into the 4th choice centre half.

Full back: Aurier is not good enough, Rose wants out and W-P and Davies are back ups not main players. There are a couple of promising right backs in England in Aarons and Bogle(Derby) whether they are good enough for the level we aspire to be at or would have to be part of a team building project. As for left back well I dont see Sessegnon as a left back. This is where the scouting department needs to get there act together, I do like Henry at Brentford but am not sure he is the answer.

Defensive Midfield: Wanamya has gone the way of Sandro and Palacios. He can not cope with top flight football. Sissoko while I quite like the guy now he is a squad level player for what we are now. Dier I dont know if he can get back to what he was but he seems like a squad player. Ndombele looks like he will be great but needs a season.

Players I would look at to come in and help are Florentino Luis from Benefica(Ferro's team mate) and Palacios the Argentinean one. Young talented and hungry to improve.

Attacking Midfield: Eriksen we all know is off, Dele has stalled massively by not playing in the position he is best in, Lucas has been hot and cold, Lamela is an important member of the squad but can not be relied on because of inuries.

Players I would look at to come in and improve us, I love Soler at Valencia think he is absolutely amazing and think we would stand a good chance of getting him. Maddison and Brooks are two players in the premiership we have been linked with both would cost a fortune but would improve, both would be hated by a large part of our support, never understood but that is how some of our fans are. Clarke will hopefully also improve us when he comes after his loan is terminated. Bowen at Hull is another I think could step up from the championship. We certainly need more creativity. Maybe Lo Clso will offer it, personally when I saw him play I was not convinced but I did not see enough of Betis to be really sure.

Striker: Kane can be good if we play him back in his rightful position and give him chances. Son is also very good and someone I rate highly, Parrott looks like a promising player. It is the position I think we least need to worry about unless Kane puts in a transfer request. An extra player who can do what Son does, play the wings and help out up front to give Kane a rest would be handy.

Swap Eriksen for Dybala, Aurier for a new RB and Alder for a new CB (I still think Verts will stay) and all will be good.

Swap Eriksen for Dybala, Aurier for a new RB and Alder for a new CB (I still think Verts will stay) and all will be good.

And what then of Sanchez and Foyth? They are succession to Alderweireld, so really Id rather see them come through.

Sanchez plays well with Vertonghen, Id be happy with the pairing.

And what then of Sanchez and Foyth? They are succession to Alderweireld, so really Id rather see them come through.

I'd be quite happy with Alder's successor being the junior one of the quartet. Or even Dier being re-converted into a CB and getting an extra body in a CM

I don't think we can expect to sign two promising players and they mature into a top duo like toby and jan. We aren't that lucky.
We need to keep our options open.

I don't think we can expect to sign two promising players and they mature into a top duo like toby and jan. We aren't that lucky.
We need to keep our options open.

Not what I was saying. We have both Sanchez and Foyth as RCB behind Alderweireld. If they arent to succeed him, then why even bother with them?

I think we need to find a successor to Vertonghen, maybe Davies or Tanganga in the current squad, maybe a new recruit, but thats a separate line of thinking for me.

Problem being that in January Eriksen's contract expires in 6 months and he can sign a pre-contract deal for a Summer free transfer with any overseas club whereas Dybala's contract runs to 2022. If we are to sign Dybala then I think it will have to be an individual transfer.

Also i would rather keep the best right back that we have at our club. If we are to replace Aurier with a new first choice player then I think next summer would be a better time to do that.

Problem being that in January Eriksen's contract expires in 6 months and he can sign a pre-contract deal for a Summer free transfer with any overseas club whereas Dybala's contract runs to 2022. If we are to sign Dybala then I think it will have to be an individual transfer.

Also i would rather keep the best right back that we have at our club. If we are to replace Aurier with a new first choice player then I think next summer would be a better time to do that.

I think it possible to part-x Eriksen for Dybala, but its almost certain they would be separate deals

The Dybala deal, with the image rights issues, possible competition etc is at best 50/50 imo. Far from simple.

Eriksen? My money is on him leaving in Jan for £10-15m. By then it will be clear he will do nothing but sit on his ass the hole season, may as well just bite the bullet, and Levy would rather some fee than none.

Aurier? Completely agree, he needs to see the season through.

I think it possible to part-x Eriksen for Dybala, but its almost certain they would be separate deals

The Dybala deal, with the image rights issues, possible competition etc is at best 50/50 imo. Far from simple.

Eriksen? My money is on him leaving in Jan for £10-15m. By then it will be clear he will do nothing but sit on his ass the hole season, may as well just bite the bullet, and Levy would rather some fee than none.

Aurier? Completely agree, he needs to see the season through.
We don't get to decide where Eriksen goes, he does.

I think Eriksen will just sign a pre-contract deal to move to Real Madrid in the Summer.

I'm not saying we do. I'm just saying by then it'll probably resolve itself.

If he signs that pre contract my bet is "take him now if you want, £15m..."
If we want to get money for him I think we need to freeze him out, so both him / the buying club worry about how the lack of football will affect him.

I hope we do, I really don’t like the idea of relying on him to achieve something in the last month of the season when he’s got a lucrative deal at a new club to stay fit for...

Back