• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Chelsea and City 'battle for Ake'
Sky Sports report that Emirates Marketing Project are looking to do battle with Chelsea for Bournemouth’s Nathan Ake.

The Londoners had a £40m buyback clause inserted in the Dutch centre-back’s contract when he left them for the Cherries for £20m in 2017, and although they are favourites to sign him after their transfer ban was lifted, City are reportedly monitoring events.

One stumbling block could be the hamstring injury Ake suffered in Saturday’s 3-0 defeat to Liverpool at the Vitality Stadium.
Chelsea would be mad not to execute that IMO.

Bale to Spurs is a romantic thought, but I don't see it.

Eriksen will be looking out for himself and won't go unless Madrid really offer him some good wages to make up for losing his signing on fee in the summer.

Bale himself knows he could probably play for any team in the world and may want to go somewhere else. He's never struck me as someone who loves the club, like Modric he is thankful for the chances he got with us but that seems to be as far as it goes.
Eriksen will sign a pre contract deal in january for a freebie in the summer IMO. We might then be able to get the club he agrees that with to give us £10 - £15 million to bring it forward to January.

Last edited:
isn’t he the kid that’s on a free this summer?

Yes. He looks ok. Brings the ball out from the back quite well. A few missed placed passes. The is something there but would need to progress.

In a typical Mourinho team I could see it actually as he helps transition play quite quickly.

Eriksen will sign a pre contract deal in january for a freebie in the summer IMO. We might then be able to get the club he agrees that with to give us £10 - £15 million to bring it forward to January.
No way anyone is going to offer the £40m being bandied about, why would they for four months.

Honestly never heard of him, but purely based on the old BS radar - this one seemed much more typically our sort of move than the talk of Koulibaly.

Though I cannot comment on the players quality (Id be interested if anyone can) I think its much more our style of transfer business.
Looks like a beastly centre-back...

https://statsbomb.com/2019/08/life-after-the-bbc-juventus-rejuvenates-their-defense/
What immediately shows up, even to the eyes of the most inattentive observer, is his physical supremacy over the opponents. Even though he is tall (190 cm) and heavy (he is listed at 86 kg) the Turkish defender can generate a surprising top speed after he gets going. This combination of physicality, strength, and pace make him almost unstoppable in individual duels.

The sample size is relatively small (he played 1360 minutes in 15 games), but last season only AC Milan’s Alessio Romagnoli (87%), among central defenders, topped Demiral’s 86% in Tack/DP%.

Demiral excels in aerial duels due to impressive elevation and leaping ability: last season he won a crazy number of duels (3.71 per 90, that puts him over the 95th percentile of center-backs in Europe) with a success rate of 80%. His ability to head the ball is particularly useful also on the offensive end, and he and Cristian Romero were the youngest defenders to have scored at least two goals in Serie A in the 2018-19 season. Juve generated 0.36 xG per game on set pieces, and both of them could be very useful in dead ball situations.

upload_2019-12-11_1-47-52.png

Madrid apparently wanted Bale gone for nothing. If he came it could be a signing on fee and £200K a week.

I am not sure why they would do this now when they blocked the move to China in the Summer, have things really gotten worse?

I cant imagine that flag stunt will bother the higher ups, certainly to change their minds on wanting a fee.

I personally think we should avoid

I am not sure why they would do this now when they blocked the move to China in the Summer, have things really gotten worse?

I cant imagine that flag stunt will bother the higher ups, certainly to change their minds on wanting a fee.

I personally think we should avoid
Yeah, I agree. If I remember correctly, and if what was reported was true, the move to China would see the Chinese club take on the entirety of his wages, the stumbling block being that they weren't willing to pay a transfer fee on top of that.

Couldn't really see us put in the kind of money it would take to offer a significantly better deal than that to Real.

Huge assumption but if it happened how do you think a front 3 of Son, Kane and Bale would differ from Son, Kane, Moura?

Would Bale push the opposition back a bit more on that side, and be a greater goal threat compared to Moura? What's Bale's work rate like nowadays when he plays? Is he still as energetic as ever, Because Moura, Lamela, Sissoko all have to work hard when they play on the right.
I'm still 75/25% in favour of signing him but I'm just worried it has to be a peak Bale.

Huge assumption but if it happened how do you think a front 3 of Son, Kane and Bale would differ from Son, Kane, Moura?

Would Bale push the opposition back a bit more on that side, and be a greater goal threat compared to Moura? What's Bale's work rate like nowadays when he plays? Is he still as energetic as ever, Because Moura, Lamela, Sissoko all have to work hard when they play on the right.
I'm still 75/25% in favour of signing him but I'm just worried it has to be a peak Bale.

Bales absolutely deadly from range, something Moura isnt (or hasnt proven to be yet).

So any team that sits high, Bale beasts them and bears down on goal.

Any team that sits deep to counter that, Bale comes into pockets around the edge of the box and hits the top corner.

Not sure about his defensive work rate, but would expect a more solid defensive Ben Davies ish RB to sit behind him and keep things secure.

That and/or a double pivot in midfield prepared to watch that side and cover.

Son/Bale on either side gives teams far too much to worry about. Stretches them, makes them have to sit deep or step up - and either way they can be punished.

Not many teams play with that quality either side, normally its only one, so a defence can effectively shuttle one way or the other to cover/compensate. Not so with those two.

And, of course, the more they pull teams out of shape, the more Kane and Alli can enjoy themselves in the middle.

In theory, IMO, it could be ridiculously good.

In practice, and basically on other terms, I have big reservations about signing a player like him.

His contract will be ridiculous, and could cause issues through the squad.

His injury record is ridiculous, and him coming in and out of the team could be unsettling to both the team and squad.

He is getting on a bit, if not age wise then physically, and he has won everything - would he take the deal and slip into complacency/semi retirement?

Theres a lot about it - off the field - I am not comfortable with at all.

However, on paper, in the team - its a bit special.

Lyon's progression to the Champions League knockout was marred by clashes between players and fans - led by Memphis Depay.

The French side came from 2-0 down to beat RB Leipzig, thanks to second half strikes from Houssem Aouar and Depay - which saw them edge Benfica to second place in Group G.

But celebrations on the final whistle quickly turned to anger when a supporter ran onto the pitch with a banner calling defender Marcelo a donkey with the message "Marcelo leave the club."

Former Manchester United winger Depay quickly ran over to the man waving the banner next to the goal to confront him and defend his teammate.

He attempted to grab the banner, although did not physically attack the man holding it, but it was enough to start a scuffle at the bottom of the stands.

The banner was quickly passed to a friend in the stands, who took it away.

Depay had to be forcibly removed from the situation by his teammates, as more Ultras began to rush towards the advertising hoardings.

Ultras 'Bad Gones' at the Groupama Stadium were already tetchy after the Lyon stars failed to go over and thank them for their support.

Centre back Marcelo is a boo boy among Lyon fans after clashing with ultras.

He made a high profile mistake in their Champions League fixture with Benfica - which led to the fans waiting at Lisbon airport to confront him.

The altercation saw both sides insult each other and almost sparked a fight.

He came on for the last four minutes against Leipzig.

The Brazilian 32-year-old, who has previously played for PSV Eindhoven, Hannover and Besiktas, has made 12 appearances this season.

Im no expert on French football, Lyon or their Ultras, but I do wonder if this might be the beginnings of Depay moving on - and we are continually linked to him...

Mourinho’s No.2 Joao Sacramento behind Tottenham’s pursuit of defender
By Nihat Emre Kocaaslan -

11th December 2019

According to Turkish news agency DHA, Tottenham Hotspur have identified Lille’s right back Zeki Celik ahead of the January transfer window, as also reported in the English media.

The 22 year old has been in impressive form for the Ligue 1 club since joining from Turkish second-tier side Istanbulspor at the start of the last season.

DHA have added to the story, and say Celik’s name reportedly came to Jose Mourinho’s attention via his assistant Joao Sacramento. The 30 year old worked with Celik at Lille for the past 18 months and it’s claimed he’s given the Tottenham boss a positive report on the Turkey international.

Mourinho is reportedly looking to strengthen his squad in January by signing a right-back and DHA claim he’s looking for a player to compete with Serge Aurier, as he feels just having Kyle Walker-Peters as back-up is insufficient.

The former Bursaspor academy graduate has made 19 appearances for Lille in all competitions this season and provided three assists.

His contract with the French side will expire at the end of June 2023.

Bales absolutely deadly from range, something Moura isnt (or hasnt proven to be yet).

So any team that sits high, Bale beasts them and bears down on goal.

Any team that sits deep to counter that, Bale comes into pockets around the edge of the box and hits the top corner.

Not sure about his defensive work rate, but would expect a more solid defensive Ben Davies ish RB to sit behind him and keep things secure.

That and/or a double pivot in midfield prepared to watch that side and cover.

Son/Bale on either side gives teams far too much to worry about. Stretches them, makes them have to sit deep or step up - and either way they can be punished.

Not many teams play with that quality either side, normally its only one, so a defence can effectively shuttle one way or the other to cover/compensate. Not so with those two.

And, of course, the more they pull teams out of shape, the more Kane and Alli can enjoy themselves in the middle.

In theory, IMO, it could be ridiculously good.

In practice, and basically on other terms, I have big reservations about signing a player like him.

His contract will be ridiculous, and could cause issues through the squad.

His injury record is ridiculous, and him coming in and out of the team could be unsettling to both the team and squad.

He is getting on a bit, if not age wise then physically, and he has won everything - would he take the deal and slip into complacency/semi retirement?

Theres a lot about it - off the field - I am not comfortable with at all.

However, on paper, in the team - its a bit special.

My thoughts exactly. Too much money and too big a gamble for me.

Imagine a front four of Kane, Bale, Dele & Son

Total stiffness guaranteed

Back