• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I'd like to see someone that has the potential to displace one of our starting XI tbh.
I like Lamela but if we are talking about refreshing the group then his spot would be one up for grabs.

I’m hoping GLC might be that man and we also have Moura. I think you need a certain amount of players that won’t give you a headache but will give 100% when called upon. I think Erik is perfect for that.

I thought it was clear to everyone from the start of the window that Poch didn't see RB as a priority, because of his plans for Foyth, and we weren't even looking at any

Every time I see one of these type of GB posts, I remember it's an honour to have someone who must clearly be a key player within the Spurs infrastructure on the board, who else could consistently make such headstrong, sweeping statements of absoluteness....

As for the window, some pros, some cons, aside from a new contract announcement outta nowhere it's going to be a bitter one to take re Eriksen.

Every time I see one of these type of GB posts, I remember it's an honour to have someone who must clearly be a key player within the Spurs infrastructure on the board, who else could consistently make such headstrong, sweeping statements of absoluteness....

As for the window, some pros, some cons, aside from a new contract announcement outta nowhere it's going to be a bitter one to take re Eriksen.
1 RB we had a serious link to or bid on? Compared to our 4 actual targets, who were clear and obvious all summer

I thought it was clear to everyone from the start of the window that Poch didn't see RB as a priority, because of his plans for Foyth, and we weren't even looking at any

I do agree actually. The current Foyth injury situation has pushed people to blame the window on the RB situation. In truth, Poch was probably pretty happy after seeing Foyth play RB in the Cop America and knowing he had a fit KWP if needed and then Aurier if needed. As it is, we've landed on all 3 being unavailable at once, that's not the windows fault. Could happen at any time.

The best way for people to to try and understand it is imagine we actually signed a RB in the window (actually Foyth converting to RB) but then the new signing getting injured immediately - no one would then blame the window.

I do agree actually. The current Foyth injury situation has pushed people to blame the window on the RB situation. In truth, Poch was probably pretty happy after seeing Foyth play RB in the Cop America and knowing he had a fit KWP if needed and then Aurier if needed. As it is, we've landed on all 3 being unavailable at once, that's not the windows fault. Could happen at any time.

The best way for people to to try and understand it is imagine we actually signed a RB in the window (actually Foyth converting to RB) but then the new signing getting injured immediately - no one would then blame the window.
I like it - “imaginary new signings”.

I’ve just fixed the entire squad using this process. De Bruyne has replaced Eriksen no problem too!

I like it - “imaginary new signings”.

I’ve just fixed the entire squad using this process. De Bruyne has replaced Eriksen no problem too!

You realise I was using the imaginary signing bit to paint the picture of Foyth moving from his usual position where he had hardly any game time to a new position to become first choice?

If you get from that to KDB replacing Eriksen then maybe we need you in the DOF role!

Having watched some games from Spain and the latest international games, I'd happily take Martin Ødegaard. He's taken massive steps in the last year! He's been very good for real sociedad, and was classes above anyone else in the internationals. He's becoming a quality player, and his work rate and pressing is phenomenal now, something that was a bit lacking before.
Unfortunately, Real Madrid has predicted his development, and still owns him, and his price tag is increasing every minute. Think he'll be playing in Madrid in two years, if not next season.

You realise I was using the imaginary signing bit to paint the picture of Foyth moving from his usual position where he had hardly any game time to a new position to become first choice?

If you get from that to KDB replacing Eriksen then maybe we need you in the DOF role!
I was taking the ball (concept) and running with it! ;-)

(I just thought it was funny using the idea of an imaginary signing - as that’s what Levy has been giving Poch and us for most of the last 3 seasons! :D)

It might have been the case that we wanted to replace Aurier but couldn’t shift him to facilitate it financially and Poch rates Foyth higher than KWP as I’m sure he started him at right back ahead of him last season. KWP is a decent third choice given his relatively low wages compared to the rest of the squad and maybe the Trippier money was directed towards Sessegnon. If Sessegnon is a LB or LWB then we could see Davies as a LCB to fill the potential squad gap when Foyth is playIng at RB?

So against the Goons our first and second choice whether it be Aurier or Foyth were both injured, as was our third choice KWP. Sissoko would probably have been the next choice but a shortage of power in the middle meant he was required in centre mid, which would then leave Dier as 5th choice but he has been injured for a long time. Sanchez was 6th choice and hopefully such an emergency will never arise again (I wonder who would be selected at lb if Rose, Davies, Jan and Georgios were all out?)

The one bit I don’t understand was having Aurier on the bench and not using him. If he was fit enough to be on the bench surely he could have played, even for just 15 minutes when it was done obvious Sanchez was struggling and knackered.

Last edited:
I've been thinking for a while that might be a good idea. Just use Eriksen to get £15m dropped off the price or something.

I guess the only issue is that Juve recruited quite a few CMs over the summer, so may not need him

They love a freebie Im sure Eriksen can force his way into the team.

I've been thinking for a while that might be a good idea. Just use Eriksen to get £15m dropped off the price or something.

I guess the only issue is that Juve recruited quite a few CMs over the summer, so may not need him

Their gonna off load a few of them too

And eriksen is better than any they have

Wilfried Zaha 'axes agent' over failed Arsenal and Everton transfers
The Crystal Palace winger was desperate to leave Selhurst Park in the summer but failed to seal a move

Wilfried Zaha has reportedly axed his agent after he failed to broker a transfer for him in the summer.

The Crystal Palace winger is said to told representative Will Salthouse and agency USM in writing that he wishes to terminate their agreement.

Zaha is believed to be unhappy with Salthouse's relationship with Palace chairman Steve Parish , according to the Times .

Both Arsenal and Everton failed in their attempts to sign the Ivorian before deadline day despite his public desire to leave Selhurst Park.

The 26-year-old said back in April: "For me to be better, to achieve what I know I am capable of, I have to aim to play at the very highest level, to win trophies.

“I’m blessed to have come this far in my playing career. But I feel like there is so much more I have to offer.

“I have to experience the Champions League. I just need the opportunity.”

Arsenal had a £40 million bid rejected by Palace, and did not return with an improved offer.

Everton meanwhile met Palace's £70 million valuation as well as offering two players in addition, but the approach came too late for the Eagles to sign a replacement.

Zaha handed in a transfer request off the back of his club's decision to turn down the Toffees' bid.

Boss Roy Hodgson said at the time: "His beef is with the chairman and owners of the club because he’s wanted to leave and they haven’t received the offer that they think is sufficient to allow him to leave."

Parish has since vowed to "find a solution" and claimed Zaha 'deserves to play for a top club'.

Salthouse is believed to have strong links with Palace, having been involved in the deal which took Aaron Wan-Bissaka to Man Utd for £50 million in July.

He has also previously invested in the same businesses as Parish.

I honestly think a lot of the stupidity and drama around Zaha has been from bad advice, so will be interested to see what changes when he switches agents.

Back