1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

The inbetween transfer window thread.

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Danishfurniturelover, 2 Sep 2019.

1. Bishop

Bishop Espen Baardsen

You must be drunk we will never sign a striker even half as good as Kane

Levy has a terrible record when it comes to buying strikers, he's a tight arse.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

2. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Jack Jull

His scoring rate is slowing down, he gets more and more injuries.

Werner is available around 60m and Dembele 50m according to reports.

I love kane he is also morphing into the sheringham role well. But let's delude ourselves to thinking the is only one way to play.

3. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Rafael Van Der Vaart

Guess we missed a window of opportunity with Dybala?

4. Bishop

Bishop Espen Baardsen

I don't even doubt your choices I doubt Levy signing them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  5. P.D.

P.D. Mauricio Taricco

I wouldn't sell Kane at all, not the force he was a couple of seasons back but he still scores goals, coming into his prime in age, England captain etc. We'd be silly to think we could get someone on the open market with his quality - it would be the most stupid thing we've done.

I know we don't play much with wingers but I like the look of Maximin at Newcastle, looks like he has real talent.

6. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Jack Jull

Barnes and McNeil are the sort of winger we should look at. Can also play inside.

7. Bullet

Bullet Rafael Van Der Vaart

He looks like one of those physical specimens who charges around at top speed, looks great but in terms of actual goals and assists, doesn't contribute much. Very showy, without the true knowledge of when to pass, when to run etc.

8. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Barry Daines Staff Member

We can see what will happen if we don’t; when they get a chance, like Skipp did last weekend, they can be a bit, errr, over-zealous! Skipp was much more measurer last season and got some decent minutes in...

9. milo

milo Ralph Coates Staff Member

I'm not suggesting that they could single handedly saved us from our current position but I think that the transition from Poch's first team to building a new team would've been easier if Onomah and KWP had continued to develop as they had as academy players.

10. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Luka Modric

I feel like this talk of Kanes demise might be somewhat premature.

Personally I think he is suffering as much as anyone from the current malaise in the team.

A renewed sense of purpose, of focus in the side, and I think Kane will be more and more his old self in no time.

As to youth, I think there is a growing concern around Pochs treatment of them.

Not only are they not really seeing chances, they are actively being held back when not allowed loans. And right now, with senior players putting in turd performances, they must be wondering what it will take for them to ever get a game...

11. StephenH

StephenH Dimitar Berbatov

I can see a scenario where Kane is sold sooner than later, Levy will be watching players contracts like a hawk.
    Levy will be very aware of his mistakes in this area, so no more running down contracts down, I would have thought.

12. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Terry Venables

If his name was Jones and he didn't have silly hair, would anyone bat an eyelid?

13. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Chris Jones

Headless ostrich

14. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Paul Stalteri

Being linked with depay again. Been rumbles for almost a week now.

15. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Luka Modric

I really liked him in Holland, massively talented player, but when he went to Utd it seemed he was more ego than end product.

Possibly the move came too soon? Sounds like he has grown up a lot in France. Talent wise he is certainly a player Id be interested in. Though I do question our (apparent) policy of just looking at attacking players when it seems abundantly clear thats the least of our issues...

harr1984 likes this.
  16. Gazza

Gazza Dean Austin

You would assume that he would have been doing this already. Levy is known to be like a hawk when it comes to finances and this aspect does not require being a genius. You only have to look at Arsenal.

17. milo

milo Ralph Coates Staff Member

If we are talking about his performance against Sheff Utd, we need to remember that he missed a game due to a virus the week before and then played 90 minutes against Red Star.

He is changing as a player and has been playing a deeper role for both club and country for a while now but he has put in some good performances in that position and can still get goals from there. Given some of the injuries that he has had, I think we can understand why he might not put himself about quite as much as he used to.

18. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Ramon Vega

Think I've covered this before on here but he's a different player now from what we saw at Utd - for 3 main reasons.

Physique - He looks leaner, quicker, stronger.
    Playing up top - He's spent a lot of time at Lyon playing as a forward or close to a forward where as at Utd he was cast quite wide.
    Team performance - Utd were on the slide when he joined where as at Lyon they are on the front foot more often than not.

All that being said I'd doubt very much he'd be an upgrade on Son and occupies pretty much the same areas of the pitch.

19. StephenH

StephenH Dimitar Berbatov

I agree but it looks like something is ‘amiss’!

20. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Terry Venables

Who was the last successful striker we signed? Kanoute?

It looks like moura has no place in poch's plan (assuming he has one right now!).
    So, why don't we just sell Moura in Jan and give Griezmann a six month shop window loan to get him out of Barca?!
    Job done! Simples.