• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Someone mentioned we finished with 4 Argies. Gazzaniga, Foyth, LoCelso, Lamela.

What a coincidence Poch is Argie.

I see Ajax have replaced De Ligt / De Jong with some interesting players, including an Argie that can play centre back or midfield... Poch will know him.

This is worth reading, since Spurs will be linked to all these lads in 6 months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50047069

They play Cheatski tonight

We have an academy and world class training facilities, surely Poch can get us the next big young thing from Argentina directly and save us loads?

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Poch doesn't seem bothered about scouting - Hitchin does that for signings and one of his team will do our upcoming opponents. He's a coach.

I think the main reason we have 4 Argentinians is just because of their mentality (angels with dirty faces), not because Poch has connections in a country he emigrated from 25 years ago.

Poch doesn't seem bothered about scouting - Hitchin does that for signings and one of his team will do our upcoming opponents. He's a coach.

I think the main reason we have 4 Argentinians is just because of their meteorology (angels with dirty faces), not because Poch has connections in a country he emigrated from 25 years ago.

Lamela is hopelessly one footed but the thing I love about him is what a cnut he is.

If the championship was a country we would be sending scouts there when you consider how many good players come out of it.

So using last game as a measure (will see how long that lasts)

- Hugo, Gazza, Aurier, Jan, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier, Tangaga, Davies, Sissoko, N'dombele, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Winks, Lamela, Son, Dele, Lucas, Kane, Troy are main squad (20)

Out

- Rose, Toby, Eriksen, KWP, Skipp (Skipp & KWP for me because Poch seems to have lost trust in them, other 3 obvious)

Questions

- Who goes in January, and who do we just manage till end of season (e.g. Rose?)
- Who/what do we have to get in January window?

Guess easy answer is RB, LB and DM? names?
How would Fernandes coming change that if at all?

For me Rose is the obvious first choice to get rid of in January we can still hopefully get a decent enough fee for him, and we have Davies and Sessegnon for lb.

If we get rid of Eriksen and Alderweireld and receive any kind of fee it will be a bonus.

KWP needs to just go on loan if he ain’t going to be played, at least see what he can do with a run of games in ideally a team at the top end of the championship.

And I would still like to see Vertonghen get a new deal.

So using last game as a measure (will see how long that lasts)

- Hugo, Gazza, Aurier, Jan, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier, Tangaga, Davies, Sissoko, N'dombele, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Winks, Lamela, Son, Dele, Lucas, Kane, Troy are main squad (20)

Out

- Rose, Toby, Eriksen, KWP, Skipp (Skipp & KWP for me because Poch seems to have lost trust in them, other 3 obvious)

Questions

- Who goes in January, and who do we just manage till end of season (e.g. Rose?)
- Who/what do we have to get in January window?

Guess easy answer is RB, LB and DM? names?
How would Fernandes coming change that if at all?

Agree on KWP but Skipp is 19 ffs.

For me Rose is the obvious first choice to get rid of in January we can still hopefully get a decent enough fee for him, and we have Davies and Sessegnon for lb.

If we get rid of Eriksen and Alderweireld and receive any kind of fee it will be a bonus.

KWP needs to just go on loan if he ain’t going to be played, at least see what he can do with a run of games in ideally a team at the top end of the championship.

I agree with that, especially getting JV signed up. Our two other CBS, Foyth and Sanchez, are very inexperienced so would be good to keep Jan for a couple seasons and add a Toby replacement

A month or so ago I was all for trying to keep the soon-to-be-departed involved, but now I agree that its time to move on. Leave out those who aren't committed or not going to be around and try to do as much of the changes as we sensibly can in January.

re Eriksen: there might well be a big team which, come Jan, is struggling relatively to where they should be so wonder whether we could loan him out for the rest of the season? He's not disruptive but would be better to have him out

Very few BIG transfers happen in January and the past backs that up. I hope some fans are going to see that is a reality and IF we fail to bring in BIG names they do not start slagging the club off once again.

We do need a couple of additions to strengthen our squad but if we really want BIG players its more likely to happen in the summer.

Very few BIG transfers happen in January and the past backs that up. I hope some fans are going to see that is a reality and IF we fail to bring in BIG names they do not start slagging the club off once again.

We do need a couple of additions to strengthen our squad but if we really want BIG players its more likely to happen in the summer.

So much work was done on Fernandes & Dybala, hard to see the club not at least re-opening the inquiry on those two.

Agree, don't expect outside of them to see a "big name" but FB's & DM need to be looked at (even if it's cover)

A month or so ago I was all for trying to keep the soon-to-be-departed involved, but now I agree that its time to move on. Leave out those who aren't committed or not going to be around and try to do as much of the changes as we sensibly can in January.

I'm the same as you on this Adam

So much work was done on Fernandes & Dybala, hard to see the club not at least re-opening the inquiry on those two.

Agree, don't expect outside of them to see a "big name" but FB's & DM need to be looked at (even if it's cover)

Well lets hope you are right on them two but if it does not happen i hope fans accept it. As for FB and DM if we can not sort it in transfers i can see Foyth and Dier ( who i think we have missed big time in CM) being the way forward at least till summer.

Well lets hope you are right on them two but if it does not happen i hope fans accept it. As for FB and DM if we can not sort it in transfers i can see Foyth and Dier ( who i think we have missed big time in CM) being the way forward at least till summer.

Personally I think Dybala won't happen unless he gets sidelined again before January. Fernandes I think is still on.

I also believe we need to make a purchase or two just for morale, squad benefit. Sell a couple in January and bring no one in, same brick narrative of Spurs not having money, not willing to spend (never mind the stadium, N'dombele & Lo Celso) will resurface and we don't need any more negativity.

Personally I think Dybala won't happen unless he gets sidelined again before January. Fernandes I think is still on.

I also believe we need to make a purchase or two just for morale, squad benefit. Sell a couple in January and bring no one in, same brick narrative of Spurs not having money, not willing to spend (never mind the stadium, N'dombele & Lo Celso) will resurface and we don't need any more negativity.

That is what i meant in my earlier post, i hope fans accept that top players usually fail to move in Jan and can see that. But you are right they will be the usual doom mongers out with the pitchforks if/when that happens.

I’m not sure that is what we need. Buying players just for morale purposes sounds like giving Poch something he doesn’t necessarily want, and we end up with a squad bloated with players who won’t improve the first eleven.
Buy wisely.

I’m not sure that is what we need. Buying players just for morale purposes sounds like giving Poch something he doesn’t necessarily want, and we end up with a squad bloated with players who won’t improve the first eleven.
Buy wisely.

Yep it would be wiser to go big and back him with one of his first choices.

Though personally I would hope if we did this we chose to sign someone who wants to be at Tottenham for the long term unlike the manager.

Agree with all of that.

Buy wisely.

And potentially another bunch we can't move on and we're back to square one.

Back