• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Still yet to hear the reasons everyone was so sure Arteta was going to be a great manager. I’ve asked many people, many times!

For all anyone knows about him and his management ability he could just as easily be the next Kidd, Phelan, Querioz, Ramsey? However the overriding consensus is that he’s the next big thing?
He is better than Emrey.
Not much else.
They are full of big-time Charlies in key areas, Abamayang and Laczette are dreadful 'attitude-wise' both play a 60-80% both are PSG player types, the defence needs work/new player. Guendouzi and Martinelli are a good watch.

He is better than Emrey.
Not much else.
They are full of big-time Charlies in key areas, Abamayang and Laczette are dreadful 'attitude-wise' both play a 60-80% both are PSG player types, the defence needs work/new player. Guendouzi and Martinelli are a good watch.
Martinelli I agree with but Guendouzi is a poor DCM at the moment, good on the ball but defensively so bad/naive.

OK. They earned 9 points from 8 games. The full season is 38 games. So, let's add 3 more 8 game segments. That gives them (4x9) points for 36 points from 32 games. Six games left and they're earning 9/8 points per game. That's 54/8 points which equals a bit over 6 points and gives them around 42-43 points.

Alright, Einstein. You're right that my math didn't quite tabulate. But it did not suck donkey balls.

Any time Arsenal are crawling at a pace to earn that level of points for a season - and the accompanying ignominy it deserves - is no reason to go off all whack-job on a slightly misplaced calculation.

I'm eating cheese and crackers and sipping a fine red Corbieres wine while casually tabulating football form here, not projecting orbital trajectories. And when Arsenal are slogging along at near relegation pace, anyone who points that out deserves a modicum of good manners.

But no.

Or as the immortal John Belushi might put it:

You're still bitter at me for calling you out for being blankbrained about basketball, aren't you?

Sorry to say, there's no mathematical solution for that. Off you pop and be sure to tell Mum what a hardass you've been on the internet today.
I quite like the way you talked yourself out of your own calculations there.

Basketball is a sport for people who don't like thinking.

Can't brag to my mum though, she tells me off for teasing simpletons ;)

Hard to imagine, but hoops is doing quite well without its detractors.

Arsenal, on the other hand, not so much. What this thread is allegedly about.

tennis is so boring to watch
If they actually played tennis, it would be OK. But 95% of the time in a tennis game, consist of endless bouncing of the ball before a serve, feeling the ball, giving it back to the ball boy, get a new ball, more bouncing, changing grip on the racket, then a bit more bouncing, wipe some sweat with the sweat band, bounce a bit more, serve ace and repeat.

Back