• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Arteta is a massive gamble - he might be good enough to quickly push them up the table a la Mourinho or it could seriously backfire and they could find themselves in a real situation relegation wise. Someone like Allardyce - whose appointment presumably would send most on AFTV into meltdown - would almost certainly steady the ship. He wouldnt lead them to top 4 but he would cement them mid table for this season easily. Whatever happens, can't deny its a fun sideshow to watching our lot do a whole lot better

Arteta is a massive gamble - he might be good enough to quickly push them up the table a la Mourinho or it could seriously backfire and they could find themselves in a real situation relegation wise. Someone like Allardyce - whose appointment presumably would send most on AFTV into meltdown - would almost certainly steady the ship. He wouldnt lead them to top 4 but he would cement them mid table for this season easily. Whatever happens, can't deny its a fun sideshow to watching our lot do a whole lot better
It’s making Mourinho look more and more like a master stroke. Goons need a pragmatist with PL experience to address the root of their problems but other than Mourinho I don’t think their fans (or big name players ) will tolerate one.

Arteta in talks apparently. What has he done to deserve such a strong reputation as a potential manager?

Its one of those "within the game" things.

Theres been nothing open to the public to suggest any sort of quality about him.

Even as as player I think he is really quite over rated.

But "within the game" he has an enormous PR machine somewhere...

I think he would be a huge gamble for anyone, and I think Arsenal are in a precarious position as well - so its doubly dodgy

Its one of those "within the game" things.

Theres been nothing open to the public to suggest any sort of quality about him.

Even as as player I think he is really quite over rated.

But "within the game" he has an enormous PR machine somewhere...

I think he would be a huge gamble for anyone, and I think Arsenal are in a precarious position as well - so its doubly dodgy
As a player I thought he stood out at as a best of the rest at Everton, but at goons he turned into a defensive water carrier, which compared to the players he was with made him stand out!

Poch is a fan too, maybe he’s very articulate behind the scenes but it does seem a huge gamble to go from putting the cones out for a team that win most games due to their huge resources (yet still can’t defend) to try and turn around the situation at a club that expect top 4 at a minimum with a questionable squad and potentially tight budget compared to their peers.

I would like the goons to continue fading to such a degree that we could say "they used to be rivals in the old days, but now they are so weak, the rivalry is not really there". On MOTD, I noticed loads of empty seats at the Emptycrates the start of the City game.
But lets face it, we were pretty sh1t for quite a while in the 90s and early 2000s.........

But away from dreamland, they aren't that many points behind us .... YET!

As a player I thought he stood out at as a best of the rest at Everton, but at goons he turned into a defensive water carrier, which compared to the players he was with made him stand out!

Poch is a fan too, maybe he’s very articulate behind the scenes but it does seem a huge gamble to go from putting the cones out for a team that win most games due to their huge resources (yet still can’t defend) to try and turn around the situation at a club that expect top 4 at a minimum with a questionable squad and potentially tight budget compared to their peers.
Who cares:D

I am in silent mode until this Arsenal roadshow is over and they pick a manager. If in fact Pochettino takes over Arsenal then it just shows a few things about the man and his utterings.

Come on you know better than to doubt the guy. Would never touch them.

After we sacked him we have no grounds to complain. It's nothing like Campbell leaving, he abandoned us. We have essentially told Poch he is no longer good enough for us, where he goes afterwards isn't our busines anymore. I wouldn't be happy for him to go to Arsneal but I wouldn't begrudge him if he did.

Edited would to wouldn't

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

The club sacked him. The fans did not - an awful lot of us wanted him to stay.

The club would have no issue with him going to Arsenal. The fans would.

It's important to make that distinction, that human consideration. Without it, football is truly just a soulless business.

I think Poch is a good man, and realizes the human side of things. For that reason, I feel confident he'll stick to his word and not go to either Arsenal or Barcelona.

There will be other clubs for him to manage soon enough. One is open right now, at Bayern. That's a club of the stature he deserves - not the pony lot down the road who would be yelling 'ITS TIME FOR HIM TO GO ROBBIE BLUD' into a camera after two bad games.

So was Ancelotti not on the Goons radar or are Everton just the bigger club and hd couldn't refuse?

I honestly think AFTV is making their club a toxic proposition for players and managers alike.

They (AFTV) are in a sweet spot where the management basically appeases them whenever they complain (Sack Wenger? Absolutely! Spend 150 million to back Emery? Absolutely! Sack Emery? Absolutely! Give it Freddie till the end of the season? Absolutely!). In a way, they get whatever they want, because they're somehow perceived by Arsenal's management as the 'voice' of the club.

The problem is, they're also a bunch of utterly entitled, know-nothing dingdongheads who give supporters' demands and needs in general a bad name. And every time they've demanded something, the outcome has gotten worse and worse and worse for Arsenal. Which suits AFTV, because they make huge amounts of money from all of us tuning in and laughing at the scum's many misfortunes.

It just doesn't suit the actual club they claim to support.

The football world notices that sort of thing these days - players are on social media, clubs monitor social media, managers probably have agents who parse through social media.

And I think they're reaching a nadir, now, where prominent footballers and managers (including possibly Ancelotti) factor their online and offline toxicity into whether they actually go there.

Xhaka flipping them off won't be the last. And maybe Ancelotti decided he'd rather go to a club that would be grateful to have him there (as Everton would be) as opposed to shouting about wanting him dead and gone ('I'M TIRED ROBBIE BLUD') whenever he dares to lose a game.

Back