• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I kept saying to all the Gooners I know who wanted Wenger gone to be careful what you wish for......it wont happen but would’nt it be wonderful to see them “do a Leeds”

The lower leagues are full of teams that were too good to go down, fortunately for them there are plenty of teams not good enough to stay up.

I am in silent mode until this Arsenal roadshow is over and they pick a manager. If in fact Pochettino takes over Arsenal then it just shows a few things about the man and his utterings.

Sadly, with us only playing them at the end of April, I think they'll have stablilised and improved (not difficult).
If we played them now I think we could give them an absolute gubbing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-allardyce-says-would-improve-21106646

Sam Allardyce says he would improve Arsenal "tomorrow" as Gunners continue boss hunt
Freddie Ljungberg took charge on an interim basis last month following the sacking of Unai Emery but has been unable to oversee a turnaround in fortunes

Sam Allardyce has claimed that he would fix Arsenal's woes "tomorrow" if he was appointed the club's new manager.

Freddie Ljungberg took charge on an interim basis last month following the sacking of Unai Emery but has been unable to oversee a turnaround in fortunes.

A 3-0 home loss to reigning Premier League champions Emirates Marketing Project means the Gunners have won just one of their last 12 games in all competitions.

Ljungberg's position remains unclear as the club continue to plan for a full-time successor to Emery: with the likes of Carlo Ancelotti, Mikel Arteta and Patrick Vieira in the running alongside the former Sweden international.

And, despite not being in the running to take charge of Arsenal , former England boss Allardyce believes he would improve the club in no time.

“Arsenal have lost their way at the moment,” he told TalkSport .

“They need to bond and connect as a squad, somebody needs to get in the dressing room. I could come and work on Arsenal’s defence and make them better tomorrow, not a problem whatsoever.

“I’ve done it everywhere I’ve been – Saudi Sportswashing Machine , Blackburn, Bolton, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Everton , I’ve done it all there.

“But what you can’t do is get the front line performing that much better, you’ve got to hope you’ve got good quality players up there, and Arsenal have.”

And Allardyce also reckons that Arsenal's miserable form means Ancelotti would most likely reject the job offer.

He added: “I’m not so sure Ancelotti would want it.

“A manager of his calibre would look at the quality of the squad and wouldn’t want to put his own reputation and career at that much risk.”

Arteta in talks apparently. What has he done to deserve such a strong reputation as a potential manager?

I am in silent mode until this Arsenal roadshow is over and they pick a manager. If in fact Pochettino takes over Arsenal then it just shows a few things about the man and his utterings.
After we sacked him we have no grounds to complain. It's nothing like Campbell leaving, he abandoned us. We have essentially told Poch he is no longer good enough for us, where he goes afterwards isn't our busines anymore. I wouldn't be happy for him to go to Arsneal but I wouldn't begrudge him if he did.

Edited would to wouldn't

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-allardyce-says-would-improve-21106646

Sam Allardyce says he would improve Arsenal "tomorrow" as Gunners continue boss hunt
Freddie Ljungberg took charge on an interim basis last month following the sacking of Unai Emery but has been unable to oversee a turnaround in fortunes

Sam Allardyce has claimed that he would fix Arsenal's woes "tomorrow" if he was appointed the club's new manager.

Freddie Ljungberg took charge on an interim basis last month following the sacking of Unai Emery but has been unable to oversee a turnaround in fortunes.

A 3-0 home loss to reigning Premier League champions Emirates Marketing Project means the Gunners have won just one of their last 12 games in all competitions.

Ljungberg's position remains unclear as the club continue to plan for a full-time successor to Emery: with the likes of Carlo Ancelotti, Mikel Arteta and Patrick Vieira in the running alongside the former Sweden international.

And, despite not being in the running to take charge of Arsenal , former England boss Allardyce believes he would improve the club in no time.

“Arsenal have lost their way at the moment,” he told TalkSport .

“They need to bond and connect as a squad, somebody needs to get in the dressing room. I could come and work on Arsenal’s defence and make them better tomorrow, not a problem whatsoever.

“I’ve done it everywhere I’ve been – Saudi Sportswashing Machine , Blackburn, Bolton, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Everton , I’ve done it all there.

“But what you can’t do is get the front line performing that much better, you’ve got to hope you’ve got good quality players up there, and Arsenal have.”

And Allardyce also reckons that Arsenal's miserable form means Ancelotti would most likely reject the job offer.

He added: “I’m not so sure Ancelotti would want it.

“A manager of his calibre would look at the quality of the squad and wouldn’t want to put his own reputation and career at that much risk.”

he's not wrong

Back