• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I don’t agree with that part at all. He’s way higher than he was when we plucked him from Southampton after he had 1 season there getting mid table. It was a huge gamble for us which paid off big time!

He’s dining at the top table now, he’ll be guaranteed a Champs League club and maybe even Madrid, Bayern, PSG? No way any of those would have looked at him after 1 season at Southampton getting them safe! His stock’s way higher now than 5 years ago.

Edit; or maybe I misunderstood you?
Yeah what I was stating was he should be a calculated risk for top table, therefore aiming considerably higher than Goons in their current position.
Also career wise if he waits for top table he should put himself in a situation to win titles, a good job at goons would be to re establish them as top 4 and if that was done without a league cup the no trophy stick would still be used to beat him.

That would all take time, though - and the clowns on ATV won't give him that.
I think they would buy Into "a plan". They know they have fallen and need to build - if thru have a builder they can have faith in, they'll go with it. Like they did with Wenger when they started to see results. Emery just isn't getting results.

I think they would buy Into "a plan". They know they have fallen and need to build - if thru have a builder they can have faith in, they'll go with it. Like they did with Wenger when they started to see results. Emery just isn't getting results.

Wenger had the luxury of a settled defence and a world class player in Bergkamp in place, plus a list of young talented French players available at reasonable prices. Whoever they get will not have a similar situation.

Wenger had the luxury of a settled defence and a world class player in Bergkamp in place, plus a list of young talented French players available at reasonable prices. Whoever they get will not have a similar situation.
True. But they might remember that things take time and seem quite aware how brick their squad is.
I think they'll accept someone that can build as a project rather than waste another two years as a quick fix

True. But they might remember that things take time and seem quite aware how brick their squad is.
I think they'll accept someone that can build as a project rather than waste another two years as a quick fix
Wasn’t that supposed to be Emery? Just because it went tits up doesn’t mean it wasn’t the plan to build a lasting project.

It’s not like he’s known as an instant hit manager for the short term like say Ancelotti, Mourinho or Benitez are.

Great work by Levy to get it all lined up....Poch out....Jose in..... barely longer than a night's sleep.

Eliminated any other clubs stinking their oar in.

According to reports at the time, Mendes had been whispering sweet nothings in Levy's ear for a few months about what Mourinho could do with this squad. I think that he got it all agreed during the international break before pulling the trigger.

I'd be surprised to find Levy wasn't factoring in how close Emery was perceived to be to the sack.
Not sure I buy that one, we didn't seem worried when Jose went to utd and I'd say that was a bigger threat.
Like utd I don't see arsenal and Jose being a good fit.

Back