• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I see they are playing at home in the 17.55 timeslot tonight - since when did it come in that the uk fixtures could be held at that time?

I see they are playing at home in the 17.55 timeslot tonight - since when did it come in that the uk fixtures could be held at that time?

Been a while, Im sure we have had a few.

I remember coming home from work and the game is just kicking off...

Poor game, and a pretty strong Arsenal side. 3-0 scoreline was comfortable, but the performance wasnt. They laboured for that.

He was almost talking sense there until he said that. What an idiot!
He's right that Ramsey is the sort of player they should not be letting go though. Pretty poor the way that's happened.
I know this is the overriding consensus on this situation and I agree if they could keep Ramsey they should, but what are they supposed to do here now?

They’ve fudged up because they gave Ozil the £300k contract, now everyone else at the club wants it. So say they pay Ramsey £300-400k, to stop him leaving, then what? PAE or Lacazette, or all of them, come knocking at the door wanting similar?

The problem was created a couple of years ago when they made a desperate attempt to keep Ozil, purely for aesthetic reasons, they thought they couldn’t be seen to be losing Sanchez and Ozil.

They are already one of the highest wage payers in world football, you can’t sustain that with Europa league income, not unless you are doped or one of the big boys like City, Utd, Barca, or Real.

I know this is the overriding consensus on this situation and I agree if they could keep Ramsey they should, but what are they supposed to do here now?

They’ve fudged up because they gave Ozil the £300k contract, now everyone else at the club wants it. So say they pay Ramsey £300-400k, to stop him leaving, then what? PAE or Lacazette, or all of them, come knocking at the door wanting similar?

The problem was created a couple of years ago when they made a desperate attempt to keep Ozil, purely for aesthetic reasons, they thought they couldn’t be seen to be losing Sanchez and Ozil.

They are already one of the highest wage payers in world football, you can’t sustain that with Europa league income, not unless you are doped or one of the big boys like City, Utd, Barca, or Real.

That is true, I was just referring to keeping your best players but you are right. Smashing your wage structure is dangerous as you can never return from it. Paying Ozil etc. that amount screws up the entire squad dynamic. It's one of the things we have done so well in the last 10 years or so. Slowly edging up our wage budget/top earners instead of smashing it and causing chaos.

I am sure they are grovelling around clubs right now desperately trying to offload (or more likely loan out) Ozil right now. If they dont get CL again they are going to start suffering financially soon.

I didn't even realise these mugs were playing. Going out of the Thursday cup already? haha, season over byeeeeeeeeeeee

Back