• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Looking forward to bursting the bubble for these qunts next weekend.

If the game was at Wembley I’d be fully confident of smashing them into oblivion. At their place however we seem to freeze and play like utter scaredy cat clams more often than not. I can live with losing or drawing them but so many times we go there and put in a limp dingdong performance so I just hope we give a good account of ourselves regardless of the result.

The players should be buzzing to play this game so I’m more hopeful than usual when we go there.

If the game was at Wembley I’d be fully confident of smashing them into oblivion. At their place however we seem to freeze and play like utter scaredy cat clams more often than not. I can live with losing or drawing them but so many times we go there and put in a limp dingdong performance so I just hope we give a good account of ourselves regardless of the result.

The players should be buzzing to play this game so I’m more hopeful than usual when we go there.

I really like how we exposed Chelsea's tactics, I think we can do the same to the goons. They like to push their full-backs high and expose their crap centre-halves. In an odd sort of way, playing them at their ground, with their fans urging the team forward can play into our hands.

I really like how we exposed Chelsea's tactics, I think we can do the same to the goons. They like to push their full-backs high and expose their crap centre-halves. In an odd sort of way, playing them at their ground, with their fans urging the team forward can play into our hands.

I agree to an extent. I definitely think we can cause them problems and I expect us to score. On the other hand we haven’t looked convincing defensively either, better than them but we don’t look as solid as have done in previous seasons, hopefully Vertonghen will be back against Inter and Scum. Plus Trippier probably won’t be playing which should make us more solid.

I guess the keys are how clinical we are and keeping Aubameyang quiet.

The goons will be bricking themselves. I just hope we don't change our midfield.

Agree, I hope we pick the same XI that started against Chelsea, because I think the gooners have similar defensive problems to them (with the space that their full-backs leave behind them). Also think that the Sissoko/Aurier combination is a good one to stop Aubameyang (or however you spell his name).

*edit -- maybe Vertonghen can play alongside Toby, Arsenal away might be a bit soon for Foyth.

We continue our Europa League Group E campaign in Kiev on Thursday night, when we face FC Vorskla.

Ahead of the game, our medical team have provided the following team news update:

Laurent Koscielny
Played 45 minutes in U23s match against Derby County on Monday, and continues to complete his rehabilitation. Being assessed ahead of FC Vorskla Poltava (a) on Thursday, November 29.

Stephan Lichtsteiner
Right hamstring. Back in full training.

Alex Lacazette
Groin. Being assessed ahead of FC Vorskla Poltava (a) on Thursday, November 29.

Nacho Monreal
Right hamstring. Expected to return to full training in two weeks.

Dinos Mavropanos
Groin injury. Expected to return to full training in December.

Danny Welbeck
Right ankle. Recovering after surgery.

Back