• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

That post is really cringeworthy. I get that he's a bit gutted he has to leave but all that says is Wenger didn't really want him around anymore and Emery doesn't either. We loaned you out once, then tried to be subtle and offer you a bricky contract many times but you didnt get the message and now Emery has had to tell to you that you are not in his plans either for it to finally sink in. All the best on your mid table move

Goes to show the whole "Jacks a Gooner" thing was hollow. He was always billed as "one of their own" and all that, but the truth is he is their Mason/Bentaleb/O'Hara.

Decent player, early promise, who didnt make the cut and moved on.

I'm quite glad he's going, in the short-term is does make them weaker imo. When he played for them last season, they looked a better team. Now they have to replace him and with their recent record in the transfer market, it's likely they will sign some pile of sh1t.

I'm quite glad he's going, in the short-term is does make them weaker imo. When he played for them last season, they looked a better team. Now they have to replace him and with their recent record in the transfer market, it's likely they will sign some pile of sh1t.

Nice to see a unbiased view, well done.

I think Mason summed it up well in the clip on the other page. He just didn’t perform well enough for Arsenal in the games he played, it’s why he was dropped from the Arsenal and England teams at the end of the season.

If he was playing well and improving them then Wenger would have picked him to start instead of sit on the bench. Emery would have made sure to keep him and the Arsenal board wouldn’t have lowered his salary. That’s too many different people who see far more of him than any of us here, who just don’t rate him.

I think Mason summed it up well in the clip on the other page. He just didn’t perform well enough for Arsenal in the games he played, it’s why he was dropped from the Arsenal and England teams at the end of the season.

If he was playing well and improving them then Wenger would have picked him to start instead of sit on the bench. Emery would have made sure to keep him and the Arsenal board wouldn’t have lowered his salary. That’s too many different people who see far more of him than any of us here, who just don’t rate him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's anything special, particularly in big games. But I thought he made them more effective against a lot of the also-ran teams in the league (whenever I saw him play, that is). And he also got their fans onside, they all seemed to love him. So him going, and being replaced with some car-crash signing (hopefully) can make them weaker and get the fans grumbling. New man loses a few games, new signing doesn't hit the ground running, fan favourite gone...recipe for a nice bit of chaos at Arsenal :D

I dont think they'll miss him at all.

And I think the rest of his career will never be at that level again. Its telling he got a loan at Bournemouth, and so far only Palace and West Ham are linked. Not even Everton level clubs appear interested.

I fully expect a few good games a season, just to get people talking and keep his (inexplicable) reputation up, but in the main he will just be injured or ineffective and will play out his days mid table at best.

I dont think they'll miss him at all.

And I think the rest of his career will never be at that level again. Its telling he got a loan at Bournemouth, and so far only Palace and West Ham are linked. Not even Everton level clubs appear interested.

I fully expect a few good games a season, just to get people talking and keep his (inexplicable) reputation up, but in the main he will just be injured or ineffective and will play out his days mid table at best.

he's a modern day Kevin Nolan, he'll only be in conversations he inserts himself into

Last edited:
Wasn't Nolan quite a consistent goal scorer?

I was referring to his constant bleeting about playing for England, it was a trope in his Bolton programme captain notes for a few years “inevitably there will be talk of a call-up but I’m just concentrating on my game” whilst Eriksson and then McLaren completely ignored him.

He didn’t score many for Bolton, maybe he did for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Ham but that would mainly have been in the championship I guess.

The reason old weetabix ankles isnt at the WC is because he is a nasty, devisive little brick. southgate wants harmony in the camp, that little prick would just cause trouble. Wheelchair, fudge off back to West Ham where you belong!

The reason old weetabix ankles isnt at the WC is because he is a nasty, devisive little brick. southgate wants harmony in the camp, that little prick would just cause trouble. Wheelchair, fudge off back to West Ham where you belong!

That might be part of the reason... The other part is the fact that he is ludicrously overated... Not least by himself.

I doubt Southgate was even considering him.

I looked it up to check, according to wikipedia, he's been at arsenal for 10 years and has 125 appearances, 12 a year, it would have been insane for them to keep him around.

Back