• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I could be wrong but I'd say May 1995 - at the end of the 1994-95 season when we finished 7th with 62 points and Arsenal were 12th with 51 points.

We already have a lets all laugh at Arsenal thread. Therefore if there is laughing to be done, it should be in that thread and nowhere else (okay maybe the "other games thread", what a terrible name.)

Edit: Also to add, I couldn't give a fudge how many points we are above Arsenal in January, that doesn't mean brick. Lets have this thread come the end of the season and start circle jerking then if need be.

Last edited:
I'm getting increasingly worried about poor old Arsene. He used to be generally smart and well turned out, but recently he has taken to turning up to more and more matches in his sleeping bag. Then yesterday he seemed to have ditched his usual footwear for a pair of scabby old trainers. It was also noticeable that his loyal staff chose to sit in a different dugout which maybe suggests that his personal hygiene has started to go downhill.

All that along with his increasingly incoherent ramblings make me wonder whether he has hit the bottle and started to sleep rough, maybe lovingly draped around the foot of the Thierry Henry statue :D.

I'm getting increasingly worried about poor old Arsene. He used to be generally smart and well turned out, but recently he has taken to turning up to more and more matches in his sleeping bag. Then yesterday he seemed to have ditched his usual footwear for a pair of scabby old trainers. It was also noticeable that his loyal staff chose to sit in a different dugout which maybe suggests that his personal hygiene has started to go downhill.

All that along with his increasingly incoherent ramblings make me wonder whether he has hit the bottle and started to sleep rough, maybe lovingly draped around the foot of the Thierry Henry statue :D.

My gooner friend just offered me a ?ú20 bet that Arse will finish above us this season. Are they deluded?

It's annoying to think that if it weren't for being Foyed at Stoke and against Wolves we'd be even further from Arsenal and obviously in a better position for the title..

Did you take the bet?

We have the quality to finish well above Arsenal but there is a long way to go. It's about the players believing in themselves I guess.

It's annoying to think that if it weren't for being Foyed at Stoke and against Wolves we'd be even further from Arsenal and obviously in a better position for the title..

Did you take the bet?

We have the quality to finish well above Arsenal but there is a long way to go. It's about the players believing in themselves I guess.

Wenger is very very bitter (though not quite as bad as 'King Kenny' in the annoying stakes for me). But that penalty looked stone-wall at the time. There is no way the ref could have seen anything else imo. Unfortunate, but nothing like as clear cut as Wenger suggested post-match. He is just increasingly under pressure which makes him rather unpleasant.

If Wenger immolated himself in an interview, some of you lot would complain that he used the wrong octane fuel. He's only doing what every other manager does, which is to stand up for his club and his team. He's hardly likely to sit there and shred his players and his tactics is he?

If Wenger immolated himself in an interview, some of you lot would complain that he used the wrong octane fuel. He's only doing what every other manager does, which is to stand up for his club and his team. He's hardly likely to sit there and shred his players and his tactics is he?

Point taken Mick, but there is no denying that he is presiding over the slow motion implosion of a once fearsome club. Which makes me very happy.

Favouritism in the press?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2087572/Thierry-Henry-let-spat-fan-Swansea.html
But Sportsmail understands Sky Sports consulted a lip-reading expert to decipher the Frenchman’s response, which they deny, and have subsequently decided not to replay the film. Sky have also refused to release the footage to this newspaper and do not plan to broadcast it again.

The FA, who have not received any complaints about the incident, would need to see the footage before deciding whether to act.

Shouldn't the FA demand to see the footage? Maybe an anonymous complaint to the EU can start things rolling (again).

So what result do the G.G faithful want? A United win - meaning they can potentially move further away from us (problems for the title race) however meaning that the goons may also move even further away from us and give us a boost in our attempts at a ECL place? Or a goon win meaning a potential improvement in our position but also that a fight for the top 4 potentially becoming more difficult? Or a draw?

My heart says a United win (which will strengthen our ECL chances IMO) and give us a bigger laugh at our Woolwich buddies. My head says an Arsen... nah scrub that last bit...

"I am confident we will get into the top four," the Polish keeper told Arsenal's official website. "We don't deserve to be outside the top four."

Why's that then?

Arsenal don't fear Euro miss

Chairman Peter Hill-Wood insists it would not be a disaster if Arsenal missed out on qualifying for the Champions League this season.

Defeat at Swansea on Sunday has left the north Londoners fifth in the Premier League and four points adrift of nearest rivals Chelsea.

They host champions Manchester United on Sunday knowing they cannot afford to drop any more points if they want to stay in contention for a European spot.

Defeat at the Emirates could see them drop into seventh place if other results do not go their way.

The Gunners have qualified for the Champions League in all of Arsene Wenger's full seasons in charge.

But after showing uneven form this season, Hill-Wood is preparing for the eventuality of Arsenal not booking a spot in Europe's top club competition.

"We are hanging on in there, no more," he told the Daily Star of the club's current position.

"From a financial point of view, not qualifying for the Champions League is quite a blow.

"We have been planning for not qualifying every year, so it's not a disaster, but it would be nice if we could."

Ten months ago, they were after The Quadruple. Are Arsenal in demise was asked once on the old GG....maybe some people need to rethink their answers last time out

Favouritism in the press?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2087572/Thierry-Henry-let-spat-fan-Swansea.html
But Sportsmail understands Sky Sports consulted a lip-reading expert to decipher the Frenchman’s response, which they deny, and have subsequently decided not to replay the film. Sky have also refused to release the footage to this newspaper and do not plan to broadcast it again.

The FA, who have not received any complaints about the incident, would need to see the footage before deciding whether to act.

Shouldn't the FA demand to see the footage? Maybe an anonymous complaint to the EU can start things rolling (again).

anyone got the clip? what did he say? suck my grand fromage?

Back