• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Arsenal’s crucial final Premier League match of the season against Everton on Sunday is not being shown by Sky Sports because it has used up all its 126 live fixtures this season.

Sky left itself just two games to choose from on Sunday after broadcasting 10 in the past week, culminating in Thursday night’s clash between Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur.

That decision, made last month, appears to have backfired after Chelsea clinched the title at West Bromwich Albion on Friday night and Manchester United were ruled out of the race for Champions League football ahead of their bore draw at Southampton on Wednesday.

Following Emirates Marketing Project’s victory over West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday night, Sky elected to show theirs and Liverpool’s final games of the season, with those teams in pole position to finish in the top four.

That denied Arsenal fans the chance to see if they could upset the odds and qualify for the Champions League for the 20th consecutive year.

BT Sport has also run out of matches, having shown the last of its 42 games – Swansea City v Everton – almost two weeks ago.

Sky has almost invariably had the final day of the season to itself and has previously held back enough live fixtures to show three games simultaneously on more than one occasion.

However, its primary goal is broadcasting the moment the title is won and it is no surprise it picked virtually all of Chelsea’s and Spurs’ matches from early April onward.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-arsenals-attempt-finish-top-four-sky-sunday/

Arsenal’s crucial final Premier League match of the season against Everton on Sunday is not being shown by Sky Sports because it has used up all its 126 live fixtures this season.

Sky left itself just two games to choose from on Sunday after broadcasting 10 in the past week, culminating in Thursday night’s clash between Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur.

That decision, made last month, appears to have backfired after Chelsea clinched the title at West Bromwich Albion on Friday night and Manchester United were ruled out of the race for Champions League football ahead of their bore draw at Southampton on Wednesday.

Following Emirates Marketing Project’s victory over West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday night, Sky elected to show theirs and Liverpool’s final games of the season, with those teams in pole position to finish in the top four.

That denied Arsenal fans the chance to see if they could upset the odds and qualify for the Champions League for the 20th consecutive year.

BT Sport has also run out of matches, having shown the last of its 42 games – Swansea City v Everton – almost two weeks ago.

Sky has almost invariably had the final day of the season to itself and has previously held back enough live fixtures to show three games simultaneously on more than one occasion.

However, its primary goal is broadcasting the moment the title is won and it is no surprise it picked virtually all of Chelsea’s and Spurs’ matches from early April onward.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-arsenals-attempt-finish-top-four-sky-sunday/
? Sky are showing the Liverpool & City games on Sunday - goons will be more interested in them anyway.

I can't believe a deal can't be done for a one off game, the time can't move and they will have cameras there anyway...

Arsene Wenger has responded to former Arsenal captain Tony Adams’ claims that he “couldn’t coach his way out a paper bag”.

Adams revealed why he could never work alongside Wenger at The Emirates, claiming he is too big a character for the Frenchman and that counted against him.

Speaking in his autobiography Sober, serialised in the Sun, he said: “Perhaps Arsene thought I might be too challenging for him.

“He seemed to like an assistant such as Pat Rice or Steve Bould, both great club men who were not going to ruffle feathers.

“Actually in the original draft, I said he couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag. And though I modified that in the final article, it didn’t go down well.

“It all left me feeling that I would never get a chance in any capacity while Arsene was there.

“Much as I respected him for his long and successful tenure, my occasional willingness to pass comment on him and the team probably counted against me.”

Wenger’s response to Adams came at his press conference for Sunday’s final Premier League game of the season against Everton and it was typically blunt.

“I do not give much important to what Tony Adams says, honestly.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/wenger-responds-to-adams-jibe-gives-update-on-sanchez-ozil

I don't know. I've heard elsewhere (can't remember where) that Arsene Wenger likes to control everything.

DAXEEZ0XoAAOzBV.jpg

DAXJ_CZXkAALiTu.jpg

Back