• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I see their Ladies beat ours 10-0 today in the WFA Cup. Ah well, might cheer them up a little

To be fair, Spurs Ladies have just gotten promoted, and could very well promote again this season.
The Arsenal Ladies team is many years ahead in development and is filled with international players.
As with all things Spurs, things are moving in the right direction, just need some time.

To be fair, Spurs Ladies have just gotten promoted, and could very well promote again this season.
The Arsenal Ladies team is many years ahead in development and is filled with international players.
As with all things Spurs, things are moving in the right direction, just need some time.

Wasnt slagging the Ladies team off. Thats their first defeat in about 27 games they are doing very very well

Wasnt slagging the Ladies team off. Thats their first defeat in about 27 games they are doing very very well
Oh, I never thought you did! :) Sorry if that was unclear.

Yea, they have been doing great, and should make their way into the Women's Super League 2 next year.
The game today was practically one of the best teams in the country against a top league 1 side.

there's clearly a "post ferguson" anxiety to the arsenal board about replacing someone who's part of the furniture, better the devil you know and all that, i'll call my mate at anscombe and ringland and let them know his house on harms worth way will be off the market for another year, he was looking to a nice commission there.

No matter where they come from Arsenal fans always come across like cringey children that don't realise how entitled they are

No matter where they come from Arsenal fans always come across like cringey children that don't realise how entitled they are

'He has to change'

'He has to spend a load of money'

'He has to not say 'i'm not spending that on this player or that''

'He has to have a real clearout'

Yep thats how you do it........spend loads and keep spending.....and whatever you do dont work with players that you already have.

If you dont do that it will never work. Hey Poch, Hey Conte.?

Conte spent a fortune in the summer tbf

Cheat$ki spend a fortune every season.

The thing with the Scum is they fell from being legitimate winners/contenders to top 4 and they have stagnated.
- every season is a repeat of the last season
- look insanely good against bottom teams for stretches of season
- Get out of CL group, then fall at first hurdle
- Look like they are actually challenging, then fall apart between Jan-Feb
- Make decent run at end of season and catch a few clubs to stay in top 4.

Nothing different, the above could be used to describe any of last 7 seasons.

Wenger staying on for 1 season (rumour) is brilliant for us, lame duck manager, same questions still around, same divisiveness in club/fans.

Arsenal-fan-poll.jpg

If it's true I think it's fantastic demonstration of loyalty by the club to a great manager and wish more clubs showed it. I desperately want us to do better than Woolwich but I can fully acknowledge that apart from the last cuople of years they have been far better than us while he has been their manager.

If it's true I think it's fantastic demonstration of loyalty by the club to a great manager and wish more clubs showed it. I desperately want us to do better than Woolwich but I can fully acknowledge that apart from the last cuople of years they have been far better than us while he has been their manager.
It's been massively close between us for more than 2 years, look at say the last 5 or 6 seasons we have been within literally touching distance of them each season

Back