• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Short term decline long/medium term improvement is what id imagine will happen - although they have been stagnant for so long a change in manager may be enough to inject some life in to them straight away. They haven't done anything more than their minimum target since they last won the league, it'd be like us just finishing 5th/6th for ten years solid under the same manager and never threatening to improve or look like breaking the tier above and if that were the situation i wouldn't say we were doing a good job

thats what charlton fans were saying

He should have left when Henry and that team moved on with his legacy intact.Its a mess now and why stay when you are not wanted.He could possibley even get the Barca job.

thats what charlton fans were saying
Charlton fans were macarons who didn't seem to realise their club were punching way above their weight by even being in the Premier League, let alone establishing themselves there - do you think Arsenal are punching above their weight by scraping in to the CL places each year whilst never threatening the league title or CL? Because I don't really see the comparison otherwise tbh

On a completely unrelated note, I wonder where Neymar is these days?

Last edited:
funadamentally dont understand the game imo

I think this is a flaw with alot of fans.

Change for change sake refusing to accept there are levels in the game and unless you have a really special season or a load of cash your level is going to be pretty much the same year in year out. What makes Wengers job more remarkable is he has protected the club from huge dips, keeping a club at a consistent level in the modern game is no mean feat, just look what happens everywhere to see that

do you think Arsenal are punching above their weight by scraping in to the CL places each year whilst never threatening the league title or CL? ?

TO some extent maybe more the second point I would totally say that.

The Sutton boss summed it up by saying that is Bayern, Barce, Real or PSG really want it and are on their game you are on toast because their best is better than everyone elses, now you could blame Wenger for the levels in terms of players but thats a lengthy argument. In the last 4 years they have face Barce and Bayern twice, you could but Monaco as the only slip really.

No fan in the world wants to admit their level because your kissing the dream goodbye, but there are a certain level of facts attached to the game that people will ignore.

Change for change sake refusing to accept there are levels in the game and unless you have a really special season or a load of cash your level is going to be pretty much the same year in year out. What makes Wengers job more remarkable is he has protected the club from huge dips, keeping a club at a consistent level in the modern game is no mean feat, just look what happens everywhere to see that

The Sutton boss summed it up by saying that is Bayern, Barce, Real or PSG really want it and are on their game you are on toast because their best is better than everyone elses, now you could blame Wenger for the levels in terms of players but thats a lengthy argument. In the last 4 years they have face Barce and Bayern twice, you could but Monaco as the only slip really.

No fan in the world wants to admit their level because your kissing the dream goodbye, but there are a certain level of facts attached to the game that people will ignore.

generally agree, although some of those match ups came about through dropping (perceived as soft) points in the group and finishing second

this year, well, brick happens

the more pertinent message, getting lost in the noise, is that Wenger will approach an away game against Barca, Bayern, PSG et al in exactly the same way that he would Bolton or Barnsley at home

the more pertinent message, getting lost in the noise, is that Wenger will approach an away game against Barca, Bayern, PSG et al in exactly the same way that he would Bolton or Barnsley at home

Yeh but horses for courses, how many fans ask for you to attack?

To add balance to my Wenger defense, what he has done is buy bad bad players. Ozil is a class act but he needs a support network around him but the problem there is he has utter dross around him, including one of the two worst buys this season Xhaxa. The other is Mustafi who is a total donkey

Yeh but horses for courses, how many fans ask for you to attack?

To add balance to my Wenger defense, what he has done is buy bad bad players. Ozil is a class act but he needs a support network around him but the problem there is he has utter dross around him, including one of the two worst buys this season Xhaxa. The other is Mustafi who is a total donkey
I thought general consensus was Mustafi was great, Marcotti said it on the times posdcast and everyone agreed with him (Arsenal had the best CB pairing)

in a league format sure you'd struggle to overthrow such strong teams but in one off cup ties to be so routinely left wanting shows Wenger in a poor light.

personally i think he's been proven to be a bit of a flat track bully, which works well in the league when you're one of the two strongest sides but when there's more competition around you will fall short.

Wenger has been remarkably consistent i'll 100% agree to that, but a remarkable job? no way is that a true reflection of Arsenals performance since they last won the league - they have never threatened to win the league in that time (as far as i can remember) and have spent more time looking over their shoulder than they have done chasing down the teams above them, forever finishing in the CL places is not an achievement for a club of Arsenals standing - success is winning trophies consistently, being in title races and winning your fair share of them.

Last edited:
Wenger has been remarkably consistent i'll 100% agree to that, but a remarkable job? no way is that a true reflection of Arsenals performance since they last won the league - they have never threatened to win the league in that time (as far as i can remember) and have spent more time looking over their shoulder than they have done chasing down the teams above them, forever finishing in the CL places is not an achievement for a club of Arsenals standing - success is winning trophies consistently, being in title races and winning your fair share of them.

Whilst managing an organically run football club that moved from their ground to a new ground and had to do it without the millions backed like others......he has done a wonderful job and I could write all day about that.

Sometimes a club can't sustain the chase of whats going on around them, not the manager. We are a pretty similar standing to Arsenal now and we can't, we limp along when it gets to the business end, thats where Arsenal have been for the last few years and success in modern football for them, where their sights should have moved, they have done well, really well in my book.

at worst their finances had them as the 4th strongest club in the league - it's impressive they never slipped below 4th but only in terms of it being consistent, the actual achievement of finishing 4th with the finances Arsenal had over that period isn't any more impressive than it would be us finishing 6th - last time we finished 6th we sacked our manager mid way through the season and let his successor go at the end of it.

we're now off the back of 5 years net spend in the transfer market and having far smaller wage bill (comparative to the sides above us) than Wenger has ever had and we are making a good go of closing the gap on the teams above, without using our finances as an excuse to aim low.

Last edited:
This is hilarious: [emoji23]

Chileans to march for Sanchez exit

Thousands of Chilean football fans have signed up to march in protest against Alexis Sanchez remaining at Arsenal.

A Facebook event has been organised with more than 5,000 supporters planning to campaign along the streets of Santiago - the capital of Sanchez's home country - on March 1.

Sanchez scored Arsenal's only goal in their 5-1 Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich on Wednesday, prompting the event organisers to call for Chile's biggest star to leave the Emirates to avoid carrying the team any further.

"Chileans are tired of watching one of our stars work alone so that their team can move forward," the description of the event said.

"We do not want him to play in Madrid, not to return to Barcelona, the truth is that we do not give a damn what team to play, we just want to see him fight along with ten others to get results. No more alone."

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on Friday confirmed Sanchez had flown to Spain as he has a court case in Barcelona.

Wenger also added that the Chile forward will be back in training on Saturday ahead of Monday's FA Cup tie against non-league Sutton United.

Sanchez, 28, has less than 18 months remaining on his contract at Arsenal and has been linked with a summer move to Juventus.

Sad thing is that 3 games ago this wasn't happening. They beat Watford, they draw against Chelsea it's ok. Imagine if they had won their last 3 games, we would be hearing that they are hunting down Chelsea for the title. It makes no sense.

are the arsenal fans being serious about getting upset at being called an idiot by neville? the hypocrisy amongst those guys is unreal

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.da...ves-respect-Arsenal-Fan-TV.html?client=safari

Oh my GHod. Even this is embarrassing. Why make Neville come on the show for calling a fan an idiot. This is even worse than their interviews after the game. I fcuking hate social media everyone is trying to have their 15 minutes of fame at any cost. Probably the reason why I'm off all of it apart from Glory Glory (which isn't social media anyway I don't think?).

Those guys have no lives. I wonder if they have girlfriends, loved ones, kids, or anything other than Arsenal to talk to/about.

shame troopz wasn't there calling Nev fam and blud, that would have been funny

edit: oh he was, i didn't see him at first in his head to toe camouflage gear

Back