1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

The Goon Thread

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Jordinho, 14 Jan 2012.

1. Joesh

Joesh Tony Parks

I have to say how strange it is how things can change so quickly. I know they'll say its only half a season but not even looking at the table our team/squad is completely superior to theirs and at least Harry seems to have a plan for the team. You can see how infuriating Wenger must be :D

2. marcospur2

marcospur2 Ronnie Rosenthal

The best one for me: 'we're slowly becoming a midtable club, just like liverpool' hahahaha

3. milo

milo Teddy Sheringham Staff Member

I genuinely think that if they had money to spend Wenger would spend it. He wasn't shy about spending the money they made on Anelka. There is no war chest, it is talk to keep the fans quiet.

4. Rorschach

Rorschach Steve Sedgley

5. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Arsenalwinner Arsenal winner
    @aaronjramsey Dont bother leaving your house this week your safety wont be guaranteed :-! :- youve been taking the fudging tinkle for too long

6. Rorschach

Rorschach Steve Sedgley

It gets better (or worse) ...
    "brick meteorology brick player no wonder Gary Speed hung himself. I have massive beef with you so lets sort this out......scared?"
    https://twitter.com/#!/Arsenalwinner

7. marcospur2

marcospur2 Ronnie Rosenthal

What a pathetic, disgusting excuse for a human being. Basically this idiot has threatened a player, so be good for police to use powers they have to bring this tosser out into the open rather than hiding behind twitter.

8. mudshark

mudshark Jermaine Jenas

Hear that? That's the sound of a million fragile little egos, each more desperate than the last for vicarious success, imploding.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2012
  9. papaspur

papaspur Neil Ruddock

It always helps to put things into perspective :)
    Didn't see too many posts calling for Wenger's head there. Only time will tell if he fails to book a CL spot.

10. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

But they do spend. Arsenal fans are just as blind as their manager.

Andre Santos ?ú6 million
    Chu-Young Park ?ú3 million
    Chamberlain ?ú12 million
    Gervinho ?ú10.5 million
    Arteta ?ú10.5 million
    Mertesacker ?ú10 million
    Squillaci ?ú6 million
    Wellington ?ú3.5 million
    Koscielny ?ú11 million
    Vermaelen ?ú10.5 million
    Ramsey ?ú5.5 million
    Arshavin ?ú14.5 million
    Sagna ?ú8 million
    Fabianski ?ú4 million
    Botelho ?ú1 million
    Rosicky ?ú9 million
    Walcott ?ú9 million
    Song ?ú3.5 million
    Almunia ?ú4.5 million
    Van Persie ?ú4 million

Considering the insane amounts they have recouped for some of their players from City and Barca, they still spend on average about ?ú5 million a season NET. Whatever they make from the CL is wasted on top wages to some rather average talent.

11. GLENROYID

GLENROYID Ruel Fox

Forever in our shadow!

12. Jordinho

13. Jordinho

Without Messi's 17 goals this season, Barca would have just 1 fewer point.

Now compare with VanPersie FC.

14. Ginolius

Ginolius Sean Davis Staff Member

Great performance from Swansea again – after the fuss wenger made about their pitch that football was even more satisfying, they just don’t seem to lose the ball!

15. Jordinho

The Frenchman said: "The game was difficult as Swansea played well, but the game was decided by some strange decisions, the first by the referee was the penalty which was a complete imagination and it was a good dive by the player.

"From then on there were other turning points like when we got back to 2-2 and made a defensive mistake, we showed a lack of appreciation for the ball and the defensive performance was not good enough.

"At 2-2 I thought we had a good chance to win as we looked dangerous and the keeper did well to keep them in the game and made some great saves, and we missed some unbelievable chances."

16. skyfarer

skyfarer Radek Cerny

Good on Swansea and Rodgers. They are difficult to beat at home and Joe Allen is very much worth keeping an eye on, one of the shining lights of Wales alongside Ramsey and Bale. One of the good things about Swansea's strong start to the PL is that their defensive record is based less on last-ditch desperation and effort than dominance of possession and pressing all over the pitch, which translates much better in better teams that have more skilled and more intelligent players. Rodger's choice of players suited for their system allows them to 'replace' parts without disrupting their rhythm and flow, so they're not as reliant on one or two players. In contrast, a lot of other promoted clubs who have strong starts playing 'attacking football' tend to soar and sink on confidence and effort and the form/fitness of certain players. With Swansea, it's more about the system started during the Martinez era and perpetuated under BR, which is why I think they'll be more stable than most.

Caulker still has a lot to learn about positioning (not helped by Williams at times), but has plenty of promising attributes. Very useful to have another ball-playing, pacy defender in our squad though I'd give him another season with Swansea, assuming they stay up.

Arse are incredibly lucky that RVP has stayed fit this season.

17. Ginolius

Ginolius Sean Davis Staff Member

papers are righly praising Swansea but considering Wengers complete lack of class post-match i'm dissipointed by the lack of criticism he's been getting, only the times seems to have had a dig: “Ars?¿ne Wenger believes that the January transfer window should be scrapped, to which the cynical response is to ask, has it not already been abolished at Arsenal?”

18. metalgear

metalgear Paul Robinson

if this keeps goingm I can see Harry going in for Ramsey!

19. metalgear

metalgear Paul Robinson

haha can't decide if this is a genuine poster or a bot - made me laugh!

20. mudshark

mudshark Jermaine Jenas

I'd just like to point out that, for authenticity's sake, the thread title ought to be changed to include the word All.