• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

9sz2iu.gif

All Im hearing now on my facebook is "Its only half a season"

Essentially, they're right but with them lot they're always shifting the goal-posts like someone said above. When we finish above this season it'll be "Only 15 more to go before your actually level with us" or something along those lines.

They just cant accept the shift in power.

So what they're saying is that in half a season; we managed to achieve a gap as big as we have, beat them 2-1 at ours and be in a position where we are challenging for the title? Is that meant to excuse their brick club? It just makes us sound better to me!

"What we tried to achieve by going for 4 trophies was outstanding" *ross*

How many of those 4 did you actually win Arsene? Are you trying to argue that your side last year is better than City's/United's/ours this year?

Always the role of victim. His obsession with football has taken its toll on his mental health in recent years, I found myself worrying about the man towards the end of last season when everything went down the drain (and I'm quite sure I wasn't the only one). He looked sick.

So what they're saying is that in half a season; we managed to achieve a gap as big as we have, beat them 2-1 at ours and be in a position where we are challenging for the title? Is that meant to excuse their brick club? It just makes us sound better to me!

That's only because they let us, apparently. Same with Chelsea fans. They both seem to think they were much better than us on the day, just failed to capitalise on it.

He is fighting a losing battle with a club that is going backwards. As for talk about the potential of the team; I really hope he's not adopting the kids line yet again!!

I've been having this argument with most of the Gooners I (sadly) know.

It's the same old tired, pathetic, desperate brick from most of them. "You last saw your team win the league in black and white". "Spurs have been brick for Prem era, we've been amazing" (second part is even't true really now, they've been really good for like 5-6 years of it), "it's only half a season all you silly Spuds are getting deluded and carried away", "all your stars are going to leave in the summer" BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

I simply point out a couple of things. 7 years ago, Arsenal were twice what they are now. 7 years, Spurs were half of what we were then. We have improved loads, they have completely declined. Whether we finish above them this year or not, the gap between the two clubs is basically nothing..... and we're on the upward curve.

They're a bunch of f****** w******. Only way I can describe the Arsenal fanbase. They cannot accept the truth, not even big enough to acknowledge how good we are these days.

That's only because they let us, apparently. Same with Chelsea fans. They both seem to think they were much better than us on the day, just failed to capitalise on it.

They would have capitalised upon it if they're a better team. And if not, they must have glaring weaknesses in their side. I think we know that, as it stands, we're the better side & so won in spite of not being on top of our game against them.

Today's Mail analyses spacing between games for the top six clubs over the Christmas period and shows that in reality there was f*** all to choose between any of them.:D

I would add I can see Wengers distress at how City came out of nowhere to push them one place down so he can blame their money so then we push them on place down by playing super, super football and he cant say the same so he has to invent another (ridiculous) scenario where we are in league with the TV giants and getting these fixtures organised.... I suppose we started the riots with the same intention.....

Arsenal fans don't get the fact that the past doesn't matter. Its not relevant to what is happening right now. Was told by one of them 'come back to me when you've finished 16 times ahead of us in the league'. Er no, I'll come back when we do it the once.

Theyll be 2 points closer to us with a win tomorrow. Chelsea have gained 2 points on us today. So not our best weekend. Still in the driving seat though :)

As it stands we are being placed in a title challenging category which means if we dont win the title we have failed. This seems a strange change of events where after 2 games we would happily have taken top 4 as a huge success?

In all honesty I'd rather we were left alone to get on with things. And I'd certainly prefer the players to try and stay away from making statements to the press. Rafa for one, I'd prefer him to practice his set-pieces rather than telling a journo how City are going to blow up

Arsenal--the Bad Bank

The other night I was travelling home and listening to the BBC World Service. The presenter was talking about banks taking their bad loans and setting up "bad banks" to get them off of their books. He gave an example of one bank who had had done so and had called its bad bank "Arsenal". He commented that it must have been named by a Tottenham supporter! At the end of the item, the presenter was identified as a Crystal Palace supporter. I guess that sort of item justifies the cost of the satellite radio!:D

An unusual occurrence?

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the last time we were 10 points clear of The Arse in the Premiership (if ever) or in old money?

I have tried to look it up, but to no avail.

Should this not be a positive to take from today, even if it only lasts until tomorrow. (Although Swansea away will be no cake walk)?

Or am I being misguided?

Thanks for any advice, it might help at work on Monday!!

Back