• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

A few years ago, before he passed away, I showed my dad how he could get sky sports news and radio 5 live through his tv so he could follow match updates. But he still stuck with the teletext equivalent ( Red button).

My dad does that too, even though he has BT sport.

That's a pretty meaningless stat. You've got away games against City and Liverpool in there and it goes back to our dip in form in February.

Also Southampton and Burnley. We have lost 12 games in the league and we look out on our feet. Plenty of players injured and loads seemingly out of form.

Also Southampton and Burnley. We have lost 12 games in the league and we look out on our feet. Plenty of players injured and loads seemingly out of form.

Like I said, it goes back to our dodgy patch in February.

I agree that the squad is stretched. I think that our issue in midfield whilst Sissoko has been out is moving an out of form Dele back and playing Wanyama who is clearly short of fitness.

I hope Poch takes a gamble now. Whatever team he wants to put out for the 2nd leg v Ajax, rest as many of them as possible v Bournemouth. Take whatever result we get, if we phuck up then we have to go and beat Everton on the last day. But I want us to put everything into the 2nd leg.

Like I said, it goes back to our dodgy patch in February.

I agree that the squad is stretched. I think that our issue in midfield whilst Sissoko has been out is moving an out of form Dele back and playing Wanyama who is clearly short of fitness.

That’s what worry’s me if Sissoko is rested Saturday we could be in trouble. Bournemouth on their day attack very well lots of pace and are a handful.

Personally Saturday is more important than Ajax second leg. We need to be in Champions league next season.

I hope Poch takes a gamble now. Whatever team he wants to put out for the 2nd leg v Ajax, rest as many of them as possible v Bournemouth. Take whatever result we get, if we phuck up then we have to go and beat Everton on the last day. But I want us to put everything into the 2nd leg.
To get to the final would be great and a massive achievement .
If we were to lose Saturday and Wednesday I can not see us beating Everton it would be a huge deflation for the squad.

Securing Champions league next Season is massive in terms of financial well-being for the club and without it could be a bit of a blow as many have pointed out in various posts.

Saturday is a must win

He will play his strongest team v Bournemouth surely? Only surprise may be Skipp starting in midfield purely due to his youthful energy (although he doesn't look youthful!) Need to get back to winning ways.

It would be much better to blitz Bournemouth and kill the match off in the first 30 minutes. Then put our feet up and make subs. It would also be a confidence boost

Eriksen and Trippier should be the only players who are properly fatigued. Others like Alli need to play themselves into form. And players like Dier and Wanyama are actually rusty.

It would be much better to blitz Bournemouth and kill the match off in the first 30 minutes. Then put our feet up and make subs. It would also be a confidence boost

Eriksen and Trippier should be the only players who are properly fatigued. Others like Alli need to play themselves into form. And players like Dier and Wanyama are actually rusty.

Yeah cos teams do that all the time ...

It just doesn’t happen like that and you can’t plan for that at all

Yeah cos teams do that all the time ...

It just doesn’t happen like that and you can’t plan for that at all

Sheffield United did it in their cruntch promotion match last weekend. Watching that back-to-back with our match at West Ham, the energy SU employed for the start was a huge contrast.

Last edited:

I wouldnt.

Bournemouth are actually a really nice team to play right now.

They like playing football, they open up and make a game of it, not unlike Ajax. And they usually end up making it pretty easy for us as a result.

Id have the team for Ajax play. Gel. Find their groove. Get some goals, work on an attacking shape, getting the ball from midfield etc.

Not sure I can think of a better game to have before Ajax to be honest.

And, added bonus, win it and we have top4 guaranteed.

good shout on keeping the same team - as long as its the one that ended the first half shape wise, and Verts is fit for Sanchez. Our Colombian gives me the willies at the moment. And Son should play, obviously.

its not really the same team now. I know. I'm conflicted.

Dont worry I know what you mean.

Id play essentially the team I intend to play Wednesday, basically.

Might be one or two need a break, but otherwise keep the first team playing.

Back