• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Quite a lot, I would have thought.

Oh almost certainly. If not quite a lot and a half... ;)

Would he be worth quite a lot to us?
Seems like he would be almost a perfect fit in a lot of ways. And from Leicester he might just be gettable if we're willing to pay however much quite a lot is these days.

Seems like he would be almost a perfect fit in a lot of ways. And from Leicester he might just be gettable if we're willing to pay however much quite a lot is these days.

I agree that he would be a good fit and he has really impressed me this season. I just wonder whether there might be interest from a club with deeper pockets with Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea all likely to be rebuilding their squads this summer.

I agree that he would be a good fit and he has really impressed me this season. I just wonder whether there might be interest from a club with deeper pockets with Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea all likely to be rebuilding their squads this summer.

Perhaps. But Man United already have a ton of midfielders, as do Chelsea. Emirates Marketing Project will probably be looking, but not sure Kante is Guardiola's cup of tea.

He's a good fit for sure but certain to be in demand now by some of the state sponsored clubs. It's gonna be tricky to pick up any real value in the PL with all the cash coming in, but considering the players we have picked up outside of the PL recently (Wimmer, Dier, Alli, etc) I have total faith our scouting network for once.

Just said the same thing ;)

He's a good fit for sure but certain to be in demand now by some of the state sponsored clubs. It's gonna be tricky to pick up any real value in the PL with all the cash coming in, but considering the players we have picked up outside of the PL recently (Wimmer, Dier, Alli, etc) I have total faith our scouting network for once.

Me too. But I wouldn't be surprised if come the summer we went for one higher profile signing for a considerable amount of money. Comparable to the Son signing perhaps...

If that ended up being Kante I would not be upset at all.

Hence my question of what people think he would end up costing if Leicester let him leave in the summer...

Me too. But I wouldn't be surprised if come the summer we went for one higher profile signing for a considerable amount of money. Comparable to the Son signing perhaps...

If that ended up being Kante I would not be upset at all.

Hence my question of what people think he would end up costing if Leicester let him leave in the summer...
Yep, that approach does seem to be working for us. Hard to guess on the price really, but you'd have to imagine north of 20mil now. It's too much but there is a premium for PL battle hardened players which is only going up. I imagine a striker might still be top of the shopping list though.

Last edited:
Yep, that approach does seem to be working for us. Hard to guess on the price really, but you'd have to imagine north of 20mil now. It's too much really but there is a premium for PL battle hardened players which is only going up. I imagine a striker might still be top of the shopping list though.

I was definitely thinking £20m+ myself. Perhaps somewhere between £20m and £30m... They could just demand more I suppose, but for a midfielder that's not a goalscorer more than that would be close to unprecedented.

Not convinced that Kante would be worth that much for us even if we were able and willing to pay more than Man U, Man C etc. He looks excellent for Leicester, however is he good enough on the ball to play alongside Dier in CM? I'm not convinced, and I cant see us paying that sort of money when we have a lot of bodies in CM at the moment, and also when there are higher priorities

Not convinced that Kante would be worth that much for us even if we were able and willing to pay more than Man U, Man C etc. He looks excellent for Leicester, however is he good enough on the ball to play alongside Dier in CM? I'm not convinced, and I cant see us paying that sort of money when we have a lot of bodies in CM at the moment, and also when there are higher priorities

If we get to the CL group stages next season we'll face a very different season than this one. A lot harder to rotate in youngsters at that level, and having another top class central midfield option might do us a lot of good. Will be interesting to see for the rest of the season, but Dembele has only started one of our cup games this season and has struggled with two games per week in the past.

Kante is the right age, seems to have the right attitude and now has some PL experience. So he could potentially slot right in to our squad. And more importantly if he can make the step up to the next level and perform for a team playing our style of football he seems to have all the tools to be a truly outstanding player.

At a Leicester team playing Leicester football with a league low 69% passing accuracy Kante has a very impressive (for them) 81.6% accuracy. Highest of all their players. After Drinkwater he's also the player that averages the most passes per game for them. Neither number is particularly impressive in itself and of course central midfielders will/should score highly here. But I think he has a lot of quality on the ball for sure.

I was definitely thinking £20m+ myself. Perhaps somewhere between £20m and £30m... They could just demand more I suppose, but for a midfielder that's not a goalscorer more than that would be close to unprecedented.
What he is worth and what Leicester would sell for are two completely different things. IMO Leicester wouldn't entertain selling him unless a stupid offer of close to £50 million was made. They have wealthy and ambitious owners and don't need to lose any players.

What he is worth and what Leicester would sell for are two completely different things. IMO Leicester wouldn't entertain selling him unless a stupid offer of close to £50 million was made. They have wealthy and ambitious owners and don't need to lose any players.

If that's the fee it would take we obviously just need to ignore him :)

Perhaps we'll get a transfer window without him being linked to us then... :)

Not that I think we've ever actually been interested, at least not after Pochettino came in.

I don't think any major club was particularly interested, despite what the daily updates from his agent told us.

Apparently set to earn more than £400k a week. :eek:

if they keep those rates of pay up then there will soon be higher profile players making their way over there

Back