• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Football Games Thread.

Video games giant EA Sports has received criticism for failing to include women's players and teams on its popular title "FIFA" in the wake of the United States' dramatic victory for the Olympic gold medal.

The Americans' 2-1 triumph over Japan was watched by an audience of 4.35 million, a new record for NBC Sports Network. The program's standard of play at major events like the Olympics and Women's World Cup has improved dramatically.

Yet, there are still no soccer video games that feature women, denying fans the opportunity to perform as stars like Abby Wambach or Hope Solo on "FIFA," a new version of which is released every year and has sold more than 100 million copies.

Frustrated fan Fernanda Schabarum from Boca Raton, Fla., began a petition this week to try to force EA Sports to change its policy and respond to the additional exposure of women's soccer following a remarkable Olympic tournament. Schabarum started a campaign on the website change.org. As of Saturday evening, the petition already had more than 1,400 signees.

"Athletes, young and old, look up to these women for their athleticism and sportsmanship," Schabarum said. "EA Sports should feature them in the next FIFA release so that all soccer fans can have a chance to play as their favorite soccer stars."

Despite the success of the American team, women's soccer struggles to get attention outside of major championships – a situation that could be helped by the team's inclusion in the wildly popular video game. U.S. league Women's Professional Soccer folded earlier this year amid a sea of debt.

Gold-medal hero Carli Lloyd, who scored twice in the American's final victory, believes adding female athletes to the game could have a positive impact on women's soccer.

"I would love for EA Sports to add females to the FIFA games," Lloyd said. "Women's sports have come a long way, and it will only help grow the game if EA Sports added females to the game."

An EA Sports official said the company routinely reviews fans' suggestions for the game.

"We get literally thousands upon thousands of suggestions from our fans for new features and we have to evaluate those suggestions, such as the inclusion of female players in the game, against our resources, priorities and overall fan feedback," said David Rutter, executive producer of "FIFA 13." "At the moment, we don’t have plans to include female players in the game."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--fan-campaigning-for-ea-sports-to-add-women-s-soccer-team-to--fifa-.html

Only if they take their shirts off for celebrations !

Only if they take their shirts off for celebrations !

I don't get the call for it.. It's not game changing at all, just a different selection of players.

Plus looking at it from the Company's point of view adding female footballers isn't really going to boost sales a whole lot.

Women who don't buy the game because they don't play games still won't buy it.

Women who do play games and do like football will likely have bought it without female teams.

Men? It's not really going to appeal any more without any nudity.

It's work for them for very little gain, if any.

In a women's version the game would be completely different. Players unable to pass any longer than 5 metres and no shots outside the 6 yard box will make it over the line. Everyone running in slow motion and keepers can't save anything.

Slightly exaggerated, but not by much

As an alternative to women's football you could play as conference teams and swap out their first teamers for their reserves?

Female players? Seriously? How can you even compare the mens and womens games.

To be politically correct, a womans World XI would end up being at least better than most Championship team, which would be a travesty.

A0wf7WJCYAEdL7Z.png

UK cover.

Re: *** Official Video Game Thread ***

Any of the Fifa gamers wanna crack ay guessing what the Spurs player ratings will be? Surely we will get given a few extra stats due to signing the deal with E.A?

Any of the Fifa gamers wanna crack ay guessing what the Spurs player ratings will be? Surely we will get given a few extra stats due to signing the deal with E.A?

Friedel: 81
Lloris: 85
Walker: 83
Kaboul: 82
Vertonghen: 83
Gallas: 81
Dawson: 80
Assou-Ekotto: 80
Parker: 83
Sandro: 81
Dembele: 82
Sigurdsson: 79
Lennon: 82
Bale: 87
Dempsey: 83
Adebayor: 83
Defoe: 82

I'd guess.

I'd guess.

Looks pretty much what i would have said. Hoping Coulibaly is on this 1 with relatively good pace.

I'd guess.

Nope.

Lloris 85

Walker 78
Kaboul 80
Vertonghen 81
Assou Ekotto 78

Sandro 78
Dembele 80
Bale 85
Lennon 80
Dempsey 83

Adebayor 82

Taken straight from a fifa 13 squad ratings video

Oh really. Cheers for that mate, interesting that Vertonghen has only improved by 1.. I believe he was 80 in FIFA12 and 83 in FIFA11, GHod knows whats happened there. Kyle Walker despite being voted best right back in the Prem has hardly improved. Kaboul's improved the most by 4, Ekotto has stayed the same. Sandro has stayed the same, Dembele has stayed the same, I think Lennon has gone down by 2? shame really. Dempsey has improved by a few and Adebayor has stayed the same. Funnily enough Bale has dropped down from 86 to 85.

Oh really. Cheers for that mate, interesting that Vertonghen has only improved by 1.. I believe he was 80 in FIFA12 and 83 in FIFA11, GHod knows whats happened there. Kyle Walker despite being voted best right back in the Prem has hardly improved. Kaboul's improved the most by 4, Ekotto has stayed the same. Sandro has stayed the same, Dembele has stayed the same, I think Lennon has gone down by 2? shame really. Dempsey has improved by a few and Adebayor has stayed the same. Funnily enough Bale has dropped down from 86 to 85.

I know, our ratings completely unfair, and we've gone down to 4 and a half stars.

The reason behind this (i think) is to seperate the likes of us and Real Madrid. It was hardly fair playing online when i wanted to use Spurs and kept playing against people using Real, Barca, Spain etc...were hardly in their bracket ;)

I still beat people using those teams playing as Spurs. But then I am good.

I still beat people using those teams playing as Spurs. But then I am good.

I suck, especially when there's lag... still can't get used to defensive controls in the new FIFA, but we'll see how all the bobbling and poor touch control in the new FIFA affect the players that use the Real/Barca/etc.

To be honest, it sounds like it's going to punish the players using weaker teams even more

I know, our ratings completely unfair, and we've gone down to 4 and a half stars.

The reason behind this (i think) is to seperate the likes of us and Real Madrid. It was hardly fair playing online when i wanted to use Spurs and kept playing against people using Real, Barca, Spain etc...were hardly in their bracket ;)

Well I suppose we were always going to go down to 4 and a half star losing our two best players in Modric (86) and Van der Vaart (87)

Well I suppose we were always going to go down to 4 and a half star losing our two best players in Modric (86) and Van der Vaart (87)

The one positive about this, won't have to play Barca/Real Madrid every fecking game

Back