• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Football Games Thread.

PES2013 looks like it could be a winner. Voted best sports game at E3. Demo out next week if rumours are to be believed,.

I have already got the latest kits that are official on my PES2012 game, Can get some very good option files

CM > early FM > most recent FM

As long as you can buy and sell players and fiddle a bit with tactics I'm happy.

Yep, who knew that one day, the mighty Wookie Allstars FC would take the Champions League! It was much more fun imo, I've taken a look at CM/FM in various guises and it is just too much work and I have a social life.
Agreed, I've also tried FM but find it is too time consuming and hard to get into, whereas with LMA, it was simple to just pick and play for a bit and know exactly what's going on!

Yep, who knew that one day, the mighty Wookie Allstars FC would take the Champions League! It was much more fun imo, I've taken a look at CM/FM in various guises and it is just too much work and I have a social life.

Says the guy on level 53 Hell :D :D

Just to save this thread from becoming a Diablo 3 reacharound... ;)

Recent football games seem to have lost the fun in favour of realism in my book, I don't want to have to learn a million and one controls and I don't want to play the role of one player in the team. Hence why I only come back to SWOS from XBL and will never buy another Fifa or Pes.

CM > early FM > most recent FM

As long as you can buy and sell players and fiddle a bit with tactics I'm happy.

the new FM is the best, imo

get what you're saying about the level of involvement but you can leave a lot of the stuff to your assistant - i can do a season fairly quickly if im in the mood to breeze through it - as quick as i would in the earlier ones (01/02)

the new FM is the best, imo

get what you're saying about the level of involvement but you can leave a lot of the stuff to your assistant - i can do a season fairly quickly if im in the mood to breeze through it - as quick as i would in the earlier ones (01/02)

Still like the early ones the best as certain tactics were pretty much undefeatable. I don't want to spend days perfecting my skills, I just want to have fun.

Was USM the one where you could bet on yourself to win a game?

You could also build a 1,000,000 seater stadium I think.

There was also an option to bribe the opposition.

Loved that game :mrgreen:

Still like the early ones the best as certain tactics were pretty much undefeatable. I don't want to spend days perfecting my skills, I just want to have fun.

ha that's one of the reasons i prefer the newer ones - less 'cheat' tactics

Some of the lesser managerial games have included some weird stuff. I remember one where you could sell ad spaces at the stadium.

I've dowmloaded them what do i do mow? btw the letter after m im the alphabet ism't working om my laptop so yeah, my posts may seem irregular

To be honest I haven't installed them myself later. I assume they're in a zip file? inside should be a file that ends in .exe - try clicking that. Or if there is a readme that's a help?

I'll download them myself when I have a moment and see what I can do.

New Star Soccer on iPhone, iPad and Android is awesome.

Just turned 20 and had my first season with Spurs last season. Premiership, League and FA Cups. Lost the Europa at QF and won the World Cup for England! What a season. Problem is, I think I'm spent with the game now already!

Video games giant EA Sports has received criticism for failing to include women's players and teams on its popular title "FIFA" in the wake of the United States' dramatic victory for the Olympic gold medal.

The Americans' 2-1 triumph over Japan was watched by an audience of 4.35 million, a new record for NBC Sports Network. The program's standard of play at major events like the Olympics and Women's World Cup has improved dramatically.

Yet, there are still no soccer video games that feature women, denying fans the opportunity to perform as stars like Abby Wambach or Hope Solo on "FIFA," a new version of which is released every year and has sold more than 100 million copies.

Frustrated fan Fernanda Schabarum from Boca Raton, Fla., began a petition this week to try to force EA Sports to change its policy and respond to the additional exposure of women's soccer following a remarkable Olympic tournament. Schabarum started a campaign on the website change.org. As of Saturday evening, the petition already had more than 1,400 signees.

"Athletes, young and old, look up to these women for their athleticism and sportsmanship," Schabarum said. "EA Sports should feature them in the next FIFA release so that all soccer fans can have a chance to play as their favorite soccer stars."

Despite the success of the American team, women's soccer struggles to get attention outside of major championships – a situation that could be helped by the team's inclusion in the wildly popular video game. U.S. league Women's Professional Soccer folded earlier this year amid a sea of debt.

Gold-medal hero Carli Lloyd, who scored twice in the American's final victory, believes adding female athletes to the game could have a positive impact on women's soccer.

"I would love for EA Sports to add females to the FIFA games," Lloyd said. "Women's sports have come a long way, and it will only help grow the game if EA Sports added females to the game."

An EA Sports official said the company routinely reviews fans' suggestions for the game.

"We get literally thousands upon thousands of suggestions from our fans for new features and we have to evaluate those suggestions, such as the inclusion of female players in the game, against our resources, priorities and overall fan feedback," said David Rutter, executive producer of "FIFA 13." "At the moment, we don’t have plans to include female players in the game."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--fan-campaigning-for-ea-sports-to-add-women-s-soccer-team-to--fifa-.html

Back