• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

I thought 4th and 3rd would be a battle between us and United and Chelsea would struggle under a new manager and maybe lose Hazard but annoyingly their players have decided they want to turn up this season and they have the advantage of no CL. Long way to go yet though and we usually kick on as the season goes on. In Wanyama, toby, Winks Rose and Moura we have 5 more options than we had for most of last season, although I think the start has shown just how key Eriksen and Kane are for us.

I’d be happy with top 4 again this season. No official home for half a season (minimum), no new signings and a handful of jaded players from the World Cup. We could easily sneak 3rd again but can’t see us realistically challenging Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project.

Having said that, I don’t believe Chelsea are better than us so I’d be gutted if we finish below them. United are at a similar level to us collectively, if not slightly better but finishing above them isn’t out of the question.

I’d be happy with top 4 again this season. No official home for half a season (minimum), no new signings and a handful of jaded players from the World Cup. We could easily sneak 3rd again but can’t see us realistically challenging Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project.

Having said that, I don’t believe Chelsea are better than us so I’d be gutted if we finish below them. United are at a similar level to us collectively, if not slightly better but finishing above them isn’t out of the question.

I think this is where our fans quickly need to re-align their expectations. They have improved, have less WC minutes, and look pretty fit and firing. They are 6 points ahead of us already. Would be a big leap of faith to think we could catch and go past them from what we’ve seen so far.

Looks a straight fifth for 4th with Utd to me, and that’s if the Goons don’t improve.

I think this is where our fans quickly need to re-align their expectations. They have improved, have less WC minutes, and look pretty fit and firing. They are 6 points ahead of us already. Would be a big leap of faith to think we could catch and go past them from what we’ve seen so far.

Looks a straight fifth for 4th with Utd to me, and that’s if the Goons don’t improve.

But I'm a smart arse :cool: and thought it was a three way fight four forth from the start of the season.
Arsenal looked very poor and what I've seen so I'm not sure about them! So a direct fight with Man U looks favourite.

Last edited:
Still say you need 10 league games and a period of playing twice a week to judge a team.. especially one with a new manager

We will see then how good they all are

Reports doing the rounds in the last couple days (sure a good few of you have seen them) that Emirates Marketing Project are likely to be banned from the CL next season, which will result in 5th place being enough to qualify for the CL.

Looks like they pretended a 60m cash injection from their owners came from sponsors instead. Not sure how it differs from the whole stitch up job on the etihad deal, but guess they forgot to dot the I's and cross the T's on this particular aspect of their giant forgery machine.

Thoughts? Would mean we're as good as qualified next season but then so would the goons!

Mixed feelings for me.

Reports doing the rounds in the last couple days (sure a good few of you have seen them) that Emirates Marketing Project are likely to be banned from the CL next season, which will result in 5th place being enough to qualify for the CL.

Looks like they pretended a 60m cash injection from their owners came from sponsors instead. Not sure how it differs from the whole stitch up job on the etihad deal, but guess they forgot to dot the I's and cross the T's on this particular aspect of their giant forgery machine.

Thoughts? Would mean we're as good as qualified next season but then so would the goons!

Mixed feelings for me.

Won’t happen IMO

They need the big clubs in it and city now carry some weight at the top table

The6 would happily ban a team that didn’t qualify for Europe however

Won’t happen IMO

They need the big clubs in it and city now carry some weight at the top table

The6 would happily ban a team that didn’t qualify for Europe however

I think we can now see why the super league talks were leaked. It is obviously a threat; ban us and we will rally others to break away. Ignore it, pat us in the pockets with a "fine" and a wagging finger and we will pretend none of this animosity ever happened. Disgusts me. IF Uefa actually found the extra bellman their sack to make a giant pair and DID ban them, it would epic!!!!

Mixed feelings for me.

If we came 5th they would probably just include the runners up of the Azerbaijan league instead

If we came 5th they would probably just include the runners up of the Azerbaijan league instead

The rules state the next best placed team, in the same association of the sanctioned club takes their place.

Reports suggest they are going to be found guilty with a ban very likely.

What they have done amounts to outright fraud and deception.

It wouldn't surprise me if criminal proceedings followed after the ruling. If that happens then our own association will have no choice but to act, which would mean relegation to league 2 looking at the precedents.

The rules state the next best placed team, in the same association of the sanctioned club takes their place.

It wouldn't surprise me if criminal proceedings followed after the ruling. If that happens then our own association will have no choice but to act, which would mean relegation to league 2 looking at the precedents.

The issue straight away is where did the data come from? It was a hacked leak so would be insubmissable woudknt it

If UEFA tried to ban City from the CL, City would have UEFA tied up in appeals and possible court cases for ever and a day. They've got the money to waste doing it, UEFA haven't.
Didn't Mansour or one of his cohorts say much the same recently?

Can never assume anything in football but I'm fairly confident Emirates Marketing Project will turn Chelsea over on Saturday or get a point at worst.

Trouble is scum have Huddersfield, Soton and Burnley in the next few games which they will probably amass 9 points and likely double their goal difference. They then go to Liverpool who will hopefully do us a favour and smash them into oblivion.

Make no mistake about it, Leicester and Everton will not be easy games, but still winnable. We also need to smash Burnley and improve our goal difference.

Can never assume anything in football but I'm fairly confident Emirates Marketing Project will turn Chelsea over on Saturday or get a point at worst.

Trouble is scum have Huddersfield, Soton and Burnley in the next few games which they will probably amass 9 points and likely double their goal difference. They then go to Liverpool who will hopefully do us a favour and smash them into oblivion.

Make no mistake about it, Leicester and Everton will not be easy games, but still winnable. We also need to smash Burnley and improve our goal difference.

Small matter of Barcelona inbetween

Im confident for leicester game as we should see Jan and Toby at the back and both should be in good shape. Plus change the full backs and one or two others. Also Kane was able to rest for the last 30 mins today, as we surrendered possession to soton at 3-0 up.

Everton will be tough but hopefully we will feel the benefit of wholesale changes against the goon in the league cup a few days earlier, including a long overdue rest for Kane.

Im confident for leicester game as we should see Jan and Toby at the back and both should be in good shape. Plus change the full backs and one or two others. Also Kane was able to rest for the last 30 mins today, as we surrendered possession to soton at 3-0 up.

Everton will be tough but hopefully we will feel the benefit of wholesale changes against the goon in the league cup a few days earlier, including a long overdue rest for Kane.

The only thing that concerns me about the Leicester game is the players will have the Barca game on their minds.

Back