• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

not qualifying for the CL would be an absolute disaster, we have to massively prioritise the league over everything else now, even this years CL

We are not going to win the CL:) come on let's get serious

Need to get back to performing in the PL. What a terrible few weeks it's been, down to 7th, even Burnley are above us, and the other teams above us are bang in form.

What really worries me is that a few more bad results could really unsettle things. Poch drives the lads hard in training and is ruthless if you don't give everything. That's fine, and players are in to it, as long as you are winning.
But if results don't come, players can start to think that "why should I work so hard, when I could work half as much for twice the pay somewhere else." If that happens, we're finished. I hope I'm wrong, but based on some of the performances this season, I think we're getting dangerously close to that point.

Tonight
I watched torpid Cheatski struggle to a 1-0 win against a wretched Swansea team who haven't had a shot on target in 4 games. Torpid. They brought on Hazard. Torpid.
I watched torpid Emirates Marketing Project struggle to a 1-1 draw against a wretched Southampton team on a dire run of form. As the torpid clock ticked past the end of the allotted stoppage time, Sterling curled in a beauty to win the game. Soton missed good chances.
Right now I'm watching Pool huff and puff against Stoke. They scored but did little else. Allen just missed a good chance from a Crouch knockdown.

Tonight
I watched torpid Cheatski struggle to a 1-0 win against a wretched Swansea team who haven't had a shot on target in 4 games. Torpid. They brought on Hazard. Torpid.
I watched torpid Emirates Marketing Project struggle to a 1-1 draw against a wretched Southampton team on a dire run of form. As the torpid clock ticked past the end of the allotted stoppage time, Sterling curled in a beauty to win the game. Soton missed good chances.
Right now I'm watching Pool huff and puff against Stoke. They scored but did little else. Allen just missed a good chance from a Crouch knockdown.
Goals change games?

Goals change games?
They certainly do Rory. And referees*
We had our chances against Leicester and fluffed it... they had 2 half chances and blazed them home.

*Mignolet kicked the penis right off Diouf after half an hour. Diouf had to go up in the stands to try and find his member, poor lad. Mignolet got a yellow card. Should have been a deeply red card.

Fingers crossed that Pochettino can get us back to winning ways in the league this weekend against Watford before this gap becomes a chasm...

40: Emirates Marketing Project
32: Manchester United
29: Chelsea
28: ARSEnal
26: Liverpool
25: Burnley
24: Tottenham
21: Watford

We’ve got an eminently winnable run of fixtures coming up (well bar Emirates Marketing Project) if we can recapture some form, hopefully the injury list will clear up...

AE6D4E60-CE03-404F-883E-7FE2D4683091.jpeg

Last edited:
We have a chance to make up some ground as Arsenal play Man Utd this weekend. Obviously that won't happen and we'll be lucky to not lose by 6 goals to Watford and drop to 8th place.

What really worries me is that a few more bad results could really unsettle things. Poch drives the lads hard in training and is ruthless if you don't give everything. That's fine, and players are in to it, as long as you are winning.
But if results don't come, players can start to think that "why should I work so hard, when I could work half as much for twice the pay somewhere else." If that happens, we're finished. I hope I'm wrong, but based on some of the performances this season, I think we're getting dangerously close to that point.

Careful, you'll start sounding like me soon. It's true what you've said though.

Fingers crossed that Pochettino can get us back to winning ways in the league this weekend against Watford before this gap becomes a chasm...

40: Emirates Marketing Project
32: Manchester United
29: Chelsea
28: ARSEnal
26: Liverpool
25: Burnley
24: Tottenham
21: Watford

We’ve got an eminently winnable run of fixtures coming up (well bar Emirates Marketing Project) if we can recapture some form, hopefully the injury list will clear up...

View attachment 3813
Burnley added. ;)

We have dropped to 7th in the league now. This is the first time we have dropped out of top 6 since October 2015. That time we improved greatly to fight for the league title before finishing in 3rd. We need to go on a long winning run if we want to finish in top 4 this time.

We have dropped to 7th in the league now. This is the first time we have dropped out of top 6 since October 2015. That time we improved greatly to fight for the league title before finishing in 3rd. We need to go on a long winning run if we want to finish in top 4 this time.

Especially now that our competitors have improved significantly.

To be a top professional and win at the very top they would have to run a similar amount in the other teams. There is no short-cut to success.
The manager has given us a platform with his well-drilled and well-oiled tactical machine that enables each individual to become better as part of the collective unit.
I don't see players downing tools - I think its too early to draw those sort of conclusions - 1 win in 10 last year surely could have brought about a mutiny if it was going to happen?

What's frustrating is that 5 games ago we went to Old Trafford level on points with Utd. A win would have laid down a marker and put us 5 points behind city and in a great position. Even a draw would have been fine and given us something to kick on with. Since then we've taken 4 points and Utd are 8 points ahead of us and now pretty much out of sight the way they're playing. I feel that was a key moment in the season.

What's frustrating is that 5 games ago we went to Old Trafford level on points with Utd. A win would have laid down a marker and put us 5 points behind city and in a great position. Even a draw would have been fine and given us something to kick on with. Since then we've taken 4 points and Utd are 8 points ahead of us and now pretty much out of sight the way they're playing. I feel that was a key moment in the season.
The way to look at it is, if such a gap can be opened up in just ten games it can just as easily be closed again.

The beauty of football is we never know what is around the corner, but hope springs eternal.

The way to look at it is, if such a gap can be opened up in just ten games it can just as easily be closed again.

The beauty of football is we never know what is around the corner, but hope springs eternal.

True but mentality I think those games set down such a marker and in recent season's we've had a few of them:

- 15/16 - Lose in opening game at Old Trafford albeit to an open goal
- 15/16 - concede late goal to draw with Leicester away
- 15/16 - lose against West Ham to miss chance to top the league
- 15/16 - miss chance to break record of not winning at Stamford Bridge
- 15/16 - slow start in FA cup semi final
- 16/17 - miss chance to close gap at the top against I think it was West Ham again

I can't remember the other games from last season but there were some. There's also lots of games on the other side where we've been amazing but I think we've had some big chances to impose ourselves further in the above games and haven't been able too.

They certainly do Rory. And referees*
We had our chances against Leicester and fluffed it... they had 2 half chances and blazed them home.

*Mignolet kicked the penis right off Diouf after half an hour. Diouf had to go up in the stands to try and find his member, poor lad. Mignolet got a yellow card. Should have been a deeply red card.
I didn't see the penis kicking incident Bully, nor am I tempted to watch it, but I do know kicking an opponent's knackers is all the rage these days. Lukaku was at it the other week with a spectacular back heel technique. Spurs really need to get their act together. We are being left behind.

Yeah, the margins in football. Had Alli scored the sitter he got against United, and we'd win that, who knows. There's always a lot of ifs and buts though. We've been unlucky in our last two matches, as long as we keep our mentality up, we'll get back on track eventually. Hopefully on Saturday.

I know it sounds stupid, but a part of me don't really mind us falling a bit behind at this stage. We're not going to win the league anyway, but I'm fine with us lurking a bit below the top four to avoid the pressure. There's no need to be top four come christmas, really. We know what the team is capable of, and the difference a few matches can make. 5 matches from now, and the top might look completely different.

Back