• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Still think we have a decent chance of top 4 as we can’t be this off-form all season. My bigger concern is losing someone like Toby, Dele, Eriksen etc

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If we lose anyone it will be the right time, because whoever it is will have stopped believing in being here and won’t run like they need to. As long as we don’t sell to City or United I’m not too fussed.

And even if we are in the EL next season, in the grand scheme of our club development. It means nothing. We can more quickly blood youngsters and every year, 2 good sides are going to miss out.

We’ll be in that new stadium and that’s the thing that is going to give us more chance of retaining the stars of our future team.

I will say though, I think this could be the year we do drop out. Liverpool were in amazing form last year before January too and then lost Mane. This year they’ve got Salah, and have been rotating Salah, Mane and Firmino as this busy period starts to keep them fresh.

We need to be better than both Liverpool and Arsenal and unlike last year, where we were able to score a few goals at home per game even though we hadn’t hit top form, at Wembley we are really struggling. Poch has always shown a capacity to learn from issues and solve them, and if he solves this one he will be more of a genius than he already is.

No one connected to Spurs can be surprised and bemoan our current situation.
The upheaval the new stadium has caused problems on multiple fronts and was always going to risk our form of the last two years.
I would be shocked if Levy is surprised by events this season, he obviously will not be very happy. Injuries are alway a little random throughout any given season so it's difficult to ever factor this in.

We have some great players but not enough of them ATM. Kane, Lloris, Yan and Eric great! Son, Dele good. Too many injuries so Toby, Victor and maybe Danny not included. The rest not sure where the are in the EPL quality ladder.

Yes it's hard to take for some of the fans after the excellence of the recent seasons. But we are moving in the right direction IMHO.

EDIT - We have only had ONE reasonable season in the CL, let us not forget this when we talk about the Europa league. We are not talking Juventus here let's keep it real.

Last edited:
Decent set of results for us this weekend. A good result against Brighton along with inflicting Emirates Marketing Project's first PL deafeat this season; should have us right back in the mix ready for the festive period.

i think we should be looking to get around 50 points from our remaining 22 games to get CL again. Will get us about 78 points which should be enough.

Would mean around 17 wins.

For reference last year we actually got 56 points from our last 22.

City away, Liverpool away and Chelsea away will be difficult to get much out of. City, United, Arsenal at home may be difficult too but we should be looking to be almost flawless in all other games. (Obviously we should be aiming to win all games).

We’re undoubtedly better than the goons. But they’ve been rotating in the EL, and our PL form suffered with the internationals and CL.

United seem a little ahead of Chelsea and Pool at the moment, but I think with us too there will be 4 even sides fighting for 3 CL places. Unless one of the PL teams win the CL?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Spot on. Not excuses, but reasons. Add in the Embley factor too. Plus if we’re going to have a dip in form now is the time, not the end of the season.
It doesn't matter when we have a dip in form, if we end up with the same amount of points. If anything, I would argue it's better to have good form early and pull away, than later and have to play catch-up. The psychological factor of having a cushion would allow the players to play more relaxed and lessen the impact of patchy form. It definitely beats having to win every time out later in the season, just because you roostered it up at the start.

It doesn't matter when we have a dip in form, if we end up with the same amount of points. If anything, I would argue it's better to have good form early and pull away, than later and have to play catch-up. The psychological factor of having a cushion would allow the players to play more relaxed and lessen the impact of patchy form. It definitely beats having to win every time out later in the season, just because you roostered it up at the start.

Yeah if we could build up say a lead of 10/11 points by February there would be no way we could throw that away...

Ultimately I am not worried yet not even Christmas and I have huge faith in our ability to pick up points regularly from now till end of season, esp as CL is not back till Feb

Back